Old May 21st 04, 04:20 PM
Twistedhed

From: (Dave=A0Hall)
On Fri, 21 May 2004 00:57:24 GMT, "Landshark"
wrote:
The point is that making a statement that 99% of cb'rs operate illegally
is false, just as 99% of hams get busted for operating illegally.

I try to avoid making specific number

comparisons

Since when? This morning? You have presented such specific number
"comparisons"
on several occasions in order to shore up a claim of yours, with nothing
to back it up except your "claim"..

since hard data is not usually

easy to collect.

But I would hope that you'd agree that a

definite majority of CB'ers are running illegally

in one form or another.

Majority? Hahha,,that would equal exactly what you said you do not
do,,,,more than 51%...LOL....your hypocrisy radiates bull****.

I have certainly seen enough empirical data in

my many years of the hobby to make that

claim.

But of course, you can point to or illustrate *none* of this "empirical"
(snicker) data,,,you want only to be taken at your word,,,something you
ruined long ago, but I will give you another benefit of doubt,,,present
something of this "empirical" data, as "empirical" means "provable or
verifiable by experience or experiment". Merely claiming somehting is
empirical does not make it so. Do something you have never been able to
do for the masses, Davie,,prove your bull**** claim.

It's one thing to be "busted" for operating

illegally, It's totally another to just be

"operating" illegally. It's true that a higher

percentage of hams are busted for operating

illegally than there are CB'ers popped for

illegal operation. But for the most part it can

be explained that hams themselves have

requested stricter enforcement.

It can also be argued, for the most part, it can be explained" that
hammmies have also requested stricter enforcement against cbers as
well,,,,,,it simply doesn't make it so and your claim was fabricated
simply to suit your own warped politics.

In other words, just because there are a

higher number of reported enforcement

actions against hams vs. CB'ers, does not

mean that there is a higher percentage of

hams operating illegally.

It also can be stated with incredible accuracy, that simply because you
categorically and vehemently stated you can prove something, doesn't
mean you actually can or will. In other words, you're full of bull****
as usual.

Dave

"Sandbagger"

N3CVJ

http://home.ptd.net/~n3cvj

Old May 21st 04, 04:26 PM
Twistedhed

From: (Dave=A0Hall)
On Thu, 20 May 2004 11:15:53 -0400,
(Twistedhed)
wrote:
(=A0=A0We applaud their efforts to catch the errant hams, more power to
them. That is why they also go after the illegal cbers that attempt to
operate on the ham bands. They couldn't care less about the cb band
anymore as the cbers took it upon themselves to turn it into the sewer
pit of the radio spectrum. )

Hehhee,,,it wasn't the cbers that brought the extra freqs and in between
capabilities and amps to cb,,,it was the hammies.

What gives you that idea?

"Empirical" data.

Are you saying that CBer's (or at least some of
them) lack the technical expertise to achieve

such feats?

Your willingness to classify and typify entire groups of people has
always been a flaw in your logic.

I was experimenting with CB radios long

before I got a ham license. In fact CB was my

stepping stone into ham radio.

Most people in hammie radio today share that sentiment. Nevertheless, it
was the hammies that introduced the technology of frequency splitting
and telling us where to get those crystals for the extra freqs.

_
They actually did all
the cbers a huge favor by their actions,,,,,they turned it into a
virtual free for all and many cbers enjoy it just the way it is, much to
the chagrin of certain scumbag hammies.

And many legally operating CBers who now

have a harder time communicating through

the lawless and lack or respect "free-for-all".

Dave

"Sandbagger"

N3CVJ

http://home.ptd.net/~n3cvj

Goes both ways. The same statement is just as valid when applied to
hammie radio. As in all of life's endeavors, one must take the good with
the bad. Dwelling on only the bad is something you need get over.

Old May 21st 04, 06:38 PM
Dave Hall

On Fri, 21 May 2004 13:16:28 GMT, "Landshark"
wrote:

I try to avoid making specific number comparisons since hard data is
not usually easy to collect.

Agreed, that is my point.

But I would hope that you'd agree that a definite majority of CB'ers
are running illegally in one form or another. I have certainly seen
enough empirical data in my many years of the hobby to make that
claim.

I really don't. I would think that overall majority runs legally.
If I were to take a stab, I would think that between 25-30%
are illegal. I think amps are not as prevalent as are converted
or export radios.

Illegal operation does not end with amplifiers. Anyone who's had a
radio "doctored" (peaked, clipped, extra channels etc), runs noise
toys (including echo boxes and roger beeps), or laces his
conversations with "four letter", words is running illegally. I cannot
turn on the CB any more without someone violating at least one of
these conditions. Like you pointed out before, some of this may be
geographic in nature, but I have to assume, based on my own findings,
that even considering geographical variations, that the average still
favors the conclusion that more CBers run illegally to some degree,
than those who do not..

Dave
"Sandbagger"

Old May 21st 04, 06:57 PM
Dave Hall

On Fri, 21 May 2004 11:20:47 -0400, (Twistedhed) wrote:

From:
(Dave*Hall)
wrote:
The point is that making a statement that 99% of cb'rs operate illegally
is false, just as 99% of hams get busted for operating illegally.

I try to avoid making specific number

comparisons

Since when? This morning? You have presented such specific number
"comparisons"
on several occasions in order to shore up a claim of yours, with nothing
to back it up except your "claim"..

When? Put up or shut up.

But I would hope that you'd agree that a

definite majority of CB'ers are running illegally

in one form or another.

Majority? Hahha,,that would equal exactly what you said you do not
do,,,,more than 51%...LOL....your hypocrisy radiates bull****.

You evidently have absolutely no idea of the difference between
general conclusions and specific numbers. Then again judging by your
past performance and lack of comprehensive ability, this should not
surprise me.

I have certainly seen enough empirical data in

my many years of the hobby to make that

claim.

But of course, you can point to or illustrate *none* of this "empirical"
(snicker) data,,,you want only to be taken at your word,,,something you
ruined long ago, but I will give you another benefit of doubt,,,present
something of this "empirical" data, as "empirical" means "provable or
verifiable by experience or experiment".

And it's been my experience after 30+ years of CBing that the majority
of CB operators operate illegally to one degree or another. Just turn
the radio on any given day and you can hear it for yourself. Every
time someone hits that roger beep, every time you hear an echo box,
every time you see someone's signal "swinging" wildly, every yahoo on
27.555, and every time you hear some low-life cuss out someone else.

Merely claiming somehting is
empirical does not make it so. Do something you have never been able to
do for the masses, Davie,,prove your bull**** claim.

How does one "prove" a claim that is based on empirical observation?
What, do you want government census numbers? You're not going to get
them. But then again you know that, and you are simply falling back on
your old standby excuse that "absence of proof means the same thing as
lying".

It's one thing to be "busted" for operating

illegally, It's totally another to just be

"operating" illegally. It's true that a higher

percentage of hams are busted for operating

illegally than there are CB'ers popped for

illegal operation. But for the most part it can

be explained that hams themselves have

requested stricter enforcement.

It can also be argued, for the most part, it can be explained" that
hammmies have also requested stricter enforcement against cbers as
well,,,,,,it simply doesn't make it so and your claim was fabricated
simply to suit your own warped politics.

Do a little searching. Or, be bold enough to ask Riley himself. Hams
HAVE asked for better enforcement of the ham bands That is a matter of
general acknowledgement for any ham who's spent any time listening to
the ARRL and RAIN reports or who peruses ham discussion boards. But on
the other hand, hams could not care less what goes on on 11 meters. As
long as they stay above 12 meters and below 10.

In other words, just because there are a

higher number of reported enforcement

actions against hams vs. CB'ers, does not

mean that there is a higher percentage of

hams operating illegally.

It also can be stated with incredible accuracy, that simply because you
categorically and vehemently stated you can prove something, doesn't
mean you actually can or will. In other words, you're full of bull****
as usual.

I have not claimed to have rock solid proof of anything. But if you
are going to take the position that unless someone has such proof,
that everything they say is automatically a lie, you are the one with
issues. A tough and somewhat duplicitous position for someone who
claims to believe in God.

Dave
"Sandbagger"

N3CVJ

Why do you feel the need to add my call? This is a CB newsgroup
remember?

http://home.ptd.net/~n3cvj

Old May 21st 04, 07:03 PM
Dave Hall

On Fri, 21 May 2004 11:26:50 -0400, (Twistedhed)
wrote:

From:
(Dave*Hall)
wrote:
(**We applaud their efforts to catch the errant hams, more power to
them. That is why they also go after the illegal cbers that attempt to
operate on the ham bands. They couldn't care less about the cb band
anymore as the cbers took it upon themselves to turn it into the sewer
pit of the radio spectrum. )

Hehhee,,,it wasn't the cbers that brought the extra freqs and in between
capabilities and amps to cb,,,it was the hammies.

What gives you that idea?

"Empirical" data.

I'll take a page from your book and demand that you Prove it!

Are you saying that CBer's (or at least some of
them) lack the technical expertise to achieve

such feats?

Your willingness to classify and typify entire groups of people has
always been a flaw in your logic.

No, you did. I am merely taking your statement to its logical
conclusion. If , as you imply, hams were responsible for all illegal
CB activity, then that would mean that CBers themselves had no hand in
it, which implies that they either could not, or were not willing to
do it themselves.

I was experimenting with CB radios long

before I got a ham license. In fact CB was my

stepping stone into ham radio.

Most people in hammie radio today share that sentiment. Nevertheless, it
was the hammies that introduced the technology of frequency splitting
and telling us where to get those crystals for the extra freqs.

'Fraid not.........

_
They actually did all
the cbers a huge favor by their actions,,,,,they turned it into a
virtual free for all and many cbers enjoy it just the way it is, much to
the chagrin of certain scumbag hammies.

And many legally operating CBers who now

have a harder time communicating through

the lawless and lack or respect "free-for-all".

Dave
"Sandbagger"

N3CVJ

Pasting in my call again? What's your point?

http://home.ptd.net/~n3cvj

Old May 21st 04, 08:44 PM
JJ

Dan wrote:
JJ wrote in message ...

Twistedhed wrote:

Which proves the FCC cares more about the ham bands than they do about
cb. We applaud their efforts to catch the errant hams, more power to
them. That is why they also go after the illegal cbers that attempt to
operate on the ham bands. They couldn't care less about the cb band
anymore as the cbers took it upon themselves to turn it into the sewer
pit of the radio spectrum.

Hey, the CB band is like the internet. It is unpoliced. That's why it is
so much fun. It's like a chat room. Ever try to listen to any of the
ham bands other then the liberty net? Well, for one thing, you will fall
asleep in a matter of minutes! There just isn't anything entertaining to
listen to on the ham bands. Yes, the ham bands are good to have in
emergencies because they setup communications. But, other then that, they
are pure boredom. Not so with CB.

Yea, if you have the mentality of a junior high-schooler you probably
would find the discussions on the ham bands, things like building
antennas, equipment, learning about other parts of the world, boring. If
you like vulgar language, and the sewer mentality, then cb is for you.

Old May 21st 04, 08:47 PM
JJ

Dave Hall wrote:

It's one thing to be "busted" for operating illegally, It's totally
another to just be "operating" illegally. It's true that a higher
percentage of hams are busted for operating illegally than there are
CB'ers popped for illegal operation. But for the most part it can be
explained that hams themselves have requested stricter enforcement.

It is the difference between those in the ham ranks that want to operate
withing the rules so that operating is pleasurable for everyone, as
opposed to the cb ranks where many have no respect for rules or anyone
and chaos is the norm.

Old May 21st 04, 08:52 PM
JJ

Dan wrote:

What an absolute collosal waste of tax payers money!!!!

In your opinion which isn't worth much.

Old May 21st 04, 09:36 PM
Twistedhed

From: (Dave=A0Hall)
wrote:
I try to avoid making specific number

comparisons since hard data is not usually

easy to collect.

Agreed, that is my point.

But I would hope that you'd agree that a

definite majority of CB'ers are running illegally

in one form or another. I have certainly seen

enough empirical data in my many years of

the hobby to make that claim.

I really don't. I would think that overall majority runs legally. If I
were to take a stab, I would think that between 25-30% are illegal. I
think amps are not as prevalent as are converted or export radios.

Illegal operation does not end with amplifiers.

_
LOL,,there is that assumed status you are so starved for,,,,,how in the
hell can you make such a statement? That's akin to saying illegal drug
use doesn't end with pot. You haven't the qualifications to make such
statements.

Anyone who's had a radio "doctored" (peaked,
clipped, extra channels etc), runs noise toys

(including echo boxes and roger beeps), or

laces his conversations with "four letter",

words is running illegally.

You are wrong. Echo and roger beeps are not illegal.

I cannot turn on the CB any more without

someone violating at least one of these

conditions.

Non-sequitur and personal testimony that you are presenting as
unequivocal proof. No see-gar..

Like you pointed out before, some of this may
be geographic in nature, but I have to assume,
based on my own findings, that even

considering geographical variations, that the

average still favors the conclusion that more

CBers run illegally to some degree, than those
who do not..

=A0
=A0Dave

=A0
"Sandbagger"

Very good. "Assuming" is not the same as you claiming you have
"empirical" data and I was glad to be of service.