Old May 28th 04, 02:36 AM
jim

Steveo wrote:
jim wrote:

Steveo wrote:

"Jim Hampton" wrote:

"I Am Not George" wrote in message
e.com...

thanks for condoning rf interference to a neigbors stereo and not
having the guts to own up to it surely the guy will find out its a cb
and surly he will come knocking on dudes door and then their will be
an ass kicking and it will be your fault Jim. or some other cber will
be blamed for it. your solution is typical key clown thinking, low
down and dirty like Steveo harassing leland at his home while keeping
his ID hidden etc. In the UK there are police just like here all it
takes is a polite visit to the guy and ask him to turn down his music
if he doesnt respond then get the police to remind him, case closed.

To be honest, it is the way most audio equipment has been manufactured
(although this may have improved in the 8 years since I worked in an
EMC lab).

Under one test, we destroyed a monitor (as in computer monitor) with
only 3 V/M unmodulated carrier! This kind of junk couldn't be sold in
Europe at that time. Of course, we've cheapened everything and have
the manufacturing largely in China using only the minimum component
count necessary to make the equipment work. BTW, the 3 V/M was around
220 MHz. A typical cell phone will hit your noggin with about 60 V/M.

I had to assume that he had already tried "nice" channels; besides, I
believe I told him to avoid that horizontal dipole located next to the
problem unit.

Perhaps I am wrong in the above assumption, but around here folks will
park in front of your driveway and just don't care. About the only
thing to get the police involved is if they hear a gunshot in the
background when you call them. I'm sure you think I am exaggerating,
but, unfortunately, I am not. One murder last night; another two days
ago. Folks park where no parking is permitted (and busses can't get
through). So, I was going by the assumption that the gentleman had no
luck using proper channels; my suggestion was a *big* stereo with
appropriate recordings that most might find irritating if played over
and over. I still *love* Sousa!

Uh, Stevo keeps his id hidden? I'll have to check; the posts I've seen

from him do not have his id hidden. Then again, it may just be my

imagination.

Best regards from Rochester, NY
Jim

They know my name and the town I live in, Jim. Yet I've been Mr
Peebles, cuz they have me on nads roach coach apt video. Dogie even had
the sack to email me a warning that they had 'my finger prints on the
note that I stuck under Nad's door'.

Did anyone ever ask Leland what my note said?

I've also been the Nascar driver who is somewhat brain-dead, so I can
understand that comparison, but he doesn't have an s in his last name
...it gets confusing.

the nascar driver is a sheet metal collector. dont think it applies
here...

He's running in the Craftsman Truck Series now and doing a little
better than he was in the cup car. He used to be a pretty good
driver till he had a really bad wreck and head injury. You can
hear it in his speech now.

I can't afford to crush my sheet metal. That involves paint and
cha$$is on them old hot rods.

i havn't heard an interiew with him so i'll take your word on the
slurred speach. too bad. saw the wreck and it wasn't pretty.
hey i figured out that mower drive shaft quetion i had. save the motor
trash the rest.

Old May 28th 04, 02:41 AM
Steveo

jim wrote:
hey i figured out that mower drive shaft quetion i had. save the motor
trash the rest.

Make a bad ass sand go-cart if it's a horizontal shaft.
Old May 28th 04, 02:48 AM
jim

Steveo wrote:
jim wrote:

hey i figured out that mower drive shaft quetion i had. save the motor
trash the rest.

Make a bad ass sand go-cart if it's a horizontal shaft.

got my dakota to do the sand thing. should be a good fishing year,
stripers and fluke are healthy.

Old May 28th 04, 02:56 AM
Steveo

jim wrote:
Steveo wrote:
jim wrote:

hey i figured out that mower drive shaft quetion i had. save the motor
trash the rest.

Make a bad ass sand go-cart if it's a horizontal shaft.

got my dakota to do the sand thing.

Allrighty then, make it a bad ass pavement cart. 17 hp right?

should be a good fishing year,
stripers and fluke are healthy.

Cool, have me over for a fish fry.
Old May 28th 04, 03:08 AM
jim

Steveo wrote:
jim wrote:

Steveo wrote:

jim wrote:

hey i figured out that mower drive shaft quetion i had. save the motor
trash the rest.

Make a bad ass sand go-cart if it's a horizontal shaft.

got my dakota to do the sand thing.

Allrighty then, make it a bad ass pavement cart. 17 hp right?

should be a good fishing year,
stripers and fluke are healthy.

Cool, have me over for a fish fry.

you should have seen last years monster striper. fed 4 adults and 3 kids.

Old May 28th 04, 03:13 AM
Steveo

jim wrote:
Steveo wrote:
jim wrote:

Steveo wrote:

jim wrote:

hey i figured out that mower drive shaft quetion i had. save the
motor trash the rest.

Make a bad ass sand go-cart if it's a horizontal shaft.

got my dakota to do the sand thing.

Allrighty then, make it a bad ass pavement cart. 17 hp right?

should be a good fishing year,
stripers and fluke are healthy.

Cool, have me over for a fish fry.

you should have seen last years monster striper. fed 4 adults and 3 kids.

There's no friggin' way that sea bass is better than Walleye or lake perch.

Are the hush puppies excellent? g
Old May 28th 04, 02:43 PM
Landshark

"Steveo" wrote in message
-snip some good Jim stuff-

"Jim Hampton" wrote:
Hello, Dude

Of course, you wouldn't want such a dipole right on the wall next
to his unit. A stock cb would likely wreck havoc to his stereo if fed
into two 9 foot lengths of wire (a dipole) run along the wall between
your units, so don't do that.

Oh, don't turn your power mic up full blast and disconnect the ground
from you coax either.

.. and be sure not to buy a small 12v mobile linear amplifier, that runs
best on a battery charger with no battery. g

Good advice, Jim..hope he never moves in next to me.

UUUUUuggggggghhhhhhhhh, battery charger hum, that's
worse than fingernails across a chalkboard.

Landshark

--
Any day riding, is better than
being a newsgroupie

73 Baja Stroppe Bronco
98 Buell S3 Thunderbolt
99 Ford F-150 Supercab 4X4 (antenna platform)