Old June 3rd 04, 08:08 AM
Frank Gilliland

In ,
(Dude) wrote:

ok, lets some thing straight.

I don't want to interfere with other people's tv/steros etc. That is
why i asked this group if there was a way to interfere with "his
stereo"! If that means causing other neighbours problems then i don't
want to go down that route.

Well, there is no guarantee that a CB is going to interfere with a
stereo, and also no guarantee that it -won't- interfere with anyone
else's stereo or TV.... or cordless phone, or answering machine, or
baby monitor, or intercom, or just about anything else with an
amplifier and a speaker.

I'm not "afraid" of calling the police. In
about a year or so we hope to move a bigger house to start a family so
i don't want any unnecessary problems when we move house.

.....hmmmmm, how does calling the police cause "unnecessary problems"
when trying to sell a house a year later? Because the buyers might
check the police reports in the area? If it's a crime-ridden
neighborhood then it won't make any difference, and if there is hardly
any crime then one or two calls for insignificant stuff like noisy
neighbors isn't going to rattle your property value. Actually, a few
reports should be a positive influence on a prospective buyer since
-no- neighborhood is without crime, and it shows that the neighbors
have at least some sense of civic responsibility (they won't shut
their blinds when your house gets robbed). OTOH, if it's an upscale
'keep-to-yourself' mentality that prevails then nobody will care if
you call the cops or not. So I don't get it. Is there something you
are not telling here?

If you have
had a problem with a noisy neighbour who has no respect for common
decency then you might possibly understand why i have gone to the
lengths such as asking such a group as this.

Almost everyone has had problems with noisy neighbors, but few people
solve their problems outside of the law. In fact, such action usually
makes things worse. What's that old cliche.... two 'wrongs' don't make
a 'right'?

I don't want to get into
an argument about this. If you think what i am doing is immoral then
by all means voice your opinions, but please don't start a personal
attack on me with comments such as "are you in the monty python" I
have had a lot of positive feedback from this group so please don't be
the minority and start a feud.

The cannibalism sketch is about the funniest thing I have ever seen
anywhere!

Thanks for your comments but if you want to air any more unprecedented
attacks on me i would prefer you kept them to yourself.

Dude

Old June 7th 04, 02:15 AM
JJ

Frank Gilliland wrote:

What's that old cliche.... two 'wrongs' don't make
a 'right'?

No, but three lefts do.