Old June 11th 04, 09:26 PM
Jim Hampton

"Nicolai Carpathia" wrote in message
This article by columnist Ian Austin appeared in yesterday's (June 10)
New York Times. I sent Mr. Vincent an email concerning some past posts
regarding antenna designs and tests.

it was love that ultimately led Rob Vincent to develop what he says is a
way to make antennas significantly smaller but still efficient.

snip
Mr. Vincent said he was aware that would-be buyers of his technology
would demand better test results, although measuring the efficiency of
antennas is difficult. But given the scrutiny his project has received
to date, he said he was confident that his antennas would pass muster.
"I'm part of the technical staff to a whole bunch of Ph.D's," he said.
"You can't fool these people."

Perhaps, but there have been countless other claims - the e-h antenna, the
cross-field antenna, the fractal antenna. It seems that sometime after the
announcement, someone finds fault with the measurements. I'm not saying "it
ain't so", I'm simply saying I'd wait a while and see what happens.

Best regards from Rochester, NY
Jim

---

Old June 12th 04, 01:22 AM
I Am Not George

The ny times DID NOT SAY a new super-small Hammie Antenna defies
physics. That is voodoo Cb science thinking on your part the same kind
of thinking that says a chrome plated coil antenna outperforms a full
size whip lol.