Old July 6th 04, 12:23 AM
Jay in the Mojave

Default Browning Eagle II or III

Hello All:

Looking for a Browning Eagle II or III with plenty of "Gink Gonk" when
ya key the mic. Must be reasonable shape. Also need the manual to go
with it.

Let me know.

Jay in the Mojave

Old July 6th 04, 04:46 AM

On Mon, 05 Jul 2004 16:23:23 -0700, Jay in the Mojave
wrote:

Hello All:

Looking for a Browning Eagle II or III with plenty of "Gink Gonk" when
ya key the mic. Must be reasonable shape. Also need the manual to go
with it.

Gink Gonk? I've never heard do the before! All I ever heard was what
sounded like feedback in the speaker! Or PING!

Just ribbin' ya a bit... 8-P

Anyhow... wouldn't you rather have a MARK IVA? Better radio, I'm told.

Let's see if you can figure out who I am.

Old July 7th 04, 12:54 AM
Train

wrote:

Hello All:

Looking for a Browning Eagle II or III with plenty of "Gink Gonk" when
ya key the mic. Must be reasonable shape. Also need the manual to go
with it.

Gink Gonk? I've never heard do the before! All I ever heard was what
sounded like feedback in the speaker! Or PING!

Just ribbin' ya a bit... 8-P

Anyhow... wouldn't you rather have a MARK IVA? Better radio, I'm told.

You need to stop listening to idiots!
with the possibility of a D-201A or maybe Stoner, CB radios didn't get much
better than a Mark-II or III.
I'm not even a Browning fan!
Train

Old July 7th 04, 03:44 PM
Jay in the Mojave

Hello Train:

How yall doing there?

Yeah there are great radios. I am not a Browning Fan either, but I am
setting up a station for a friend. Putting up one of my Interceptor 10K
Antennas, and this guy has a commercial telescoping mast that goes to 55
feet, so that will work out great. He is some kind of Attorney I guess.
He dress's in a suite and drives something else than a old truck. That
was active in the radio stuff back in the 70's.

I fixed a Mark IV once, ........... never again.

I was fond of the General Radiotelephone Super MC-11A, we called them
Junky Generals. I still drive by the old factory building there on Holly
wood Way, in Burbank. Ah the memories of having to get the ol mans radio
fixed before he got home from work, when I was a kid.

I have a old Mustang 100, a old relick 100 watt linear amplifier, that
the techs working at General made in thier garages. It has a
transistorized high voltage power supply, and a pair of the 15 or 20
watt smaller sweep tubes in it. Its uses a GE-47 Light Bulb as the
output level indicator that you would adjust the Tune and Load to for
maximum brightness. Man I wish I had a dime for everytime I blew that
amp up, hehehehe.

I always liked the look of the General Radiotelephone SB-72, their
version of a SSB and AM Radio. Talking to Bob, I guess they had problems
with them working, even at the factory. I have the service manual on the
General Radiotelephone SB-72 if any one is interested. Very rare.

The D-201A yeah are great radios. I have never played with any of the
Stoner radios tho. I know Woody likes them.

Here's a few Neat-Oh sites for the older radios and stuff:

http://www.cbgazette.com/gaz2.html
http://members.aol.com/radiokbob/
http://www.browninglabsinc.com/
http://www.retrocom.com/
http://www.angelfire.com/ok/funwithunclejim/

And of course these great old time radio web sites have other links that
they list, so you could be busy here for hours going thru all the neat
sites.

Maybe we should post what out favorite old radio was????

Jay in the Mojave

Browning MK IV Michael Talkington CB 1 November 24th 10 01:12 AM
Eagle Library for LM386 anyone ? Mike W Homebrew 2 July 14th 04 09:04 AM
[ebay][fa] Galaxy Saturn radio with Astatic Silver Eagle mic MORE Tater Schuld CB 0 June 28th 04 02:19 AM
Eagle PCB layout question Paul Burridge Homebrew 6 January 26th 04 12:29 AM
Browning & Tram Tubes for Sale Nighthawk CB 0 November 1st 03 05:34 PM