Old July 19th 04, 10:42 AM
Raffi

Default Maybe a dumb question... but what the hell

i was woundering if they made a grounding block for CB coax? and if so
where can i get one?
Old July 19th 04, 12:10 PM
Frank Gilliland

On 19 Jul 2004 02:42:05 -0700, (Raffi) wrote in
:

i was woundering if they made a grounding block for CB coax? and if so
where can i get one?

Have you tried ebay?

Old July 19th 04, 03:40 PM
Dennis

Got to Google and type in

CUSHCRAFT LAC-1, BLITZ BUG LIGHTNING ARRESTOR

You can get em for less than $13.

om...

Old July 19th 04, 09:57 PM

Actually a GOOD question........make sure you use HEAVY wire to the ground
point, lightning will blow to pieces "small" diameter wire. #6 works very
nicely, flattened RG-8 (or RG213) coax (middle removed) works nicely too.

om...

Old July 20th 04, 12:38 AM
Scott in Baltimore

i was woundering if they made a grounding block for CB coax? and if so
where can i get one?

I stripped 1/2" of the insulation from my coax 3 feet from the mount, soldered some
heavy wire to the braid and attached it to a solid ground. This is in addition to the
mount. If there is any current on the outside of my shield, I don't know it anymore.

A flat copper bar with holes drilled in it makes a great ground block, as long as
it's attached to a good ground. Use star washers for maximum effectiveness.

I have a dumb question about antenna building [email protected] Antenna 23 January 16th 05 11:39 PM
Dumb question? Jim Leder Antenna 8 September 23rd 04 10:04 PM
Dumb question 'bout signal routing (RF) Paul Burridge Homebrew 0 October 13th 03 02:05 PM
dumb question about BPL Derek Wills Dx 32 October 11th 03 07:32 PM
dumb question about BPL Derek Wills Dx 0 September 30th 03 05:10 PM