Old September 8th 04, 08:46 PM
Pete & Renee Davis

Default Cobra 18 WX ST II

Anyone heard anything about this rig?

I like the idea of a CB that scans channels. Not sure how much traffic
there is on the bands here. And I've found a wicked cheap source. Any
info about Pros or Cons would be helpful.

Pete

Old September 9th 04, 03:24 AM
George Kinzer

WallMart $48.86

--
On the internet, no one can hear you modulate.

---

Old September 9th 04, 12:59 PM
Pete & Renee Davis

This would be my first CB. One catch is that I drive a small pickup and I'm
over six feet tall. Doesn't leave a lot of room, so I was looking for a
radio that will fit in the dashboard. I'd only have to make the slot 1/4"
wider for the Cobra.

Pete

Steveo wrote:

Pete & Renee Davis wrote:
Anyone heard anything about this rig?

Google has.

http://www.google.com/search?q=Cobra...20WX%20ST%20II

I like the idea of a CB that scans channels. Not sure how much traffic
there is on the bands here. And I've found a wicked cheap source. Any
info about Pros or Cons would be helpful.

Pete

Dunno how much you will use the scan after the novelty wears off, but
what the hey.

Why don't you buy an SSB portable while you're at it? Or is this an
extra radio?

Old September 9th 04, 01:00 PM
Pete & Renee Davis

Yup, that's the deal. But has anyone used one or can anyone point me to
a review on the net?

Pete

George Kinzer wrote:

WallMart $48.86

Old September 9th 04, 02:04 PM
Chad Wahls

Steveo wrote:

Pete & Renee Davis wrote:
Anyone heard anything about this rig?

Google has.

http://www.google.com/search?q=Cobra...20WX%20ST%20II

I like the idea of a CB that scans channels. Not sure how much traffic
there is on the bands here. And I've found a wicked cheap source. Any
info about Pros or Cons would be helpful.

Pete

Dunno how much you will use the scan after the novelty wears off, but
what the hey.

Why don't you buy an SSB portable while you're at it? Or is this an
extra radio?

Look at the 75WXst for size and a first unit. May want an external speaker.
I put the speaker in the stock center location in my truck, it's hidden. I
never use the scan or the dual watch function unless I can afford to go with
a super high squelch setting. The first blip and you are hanging on that
station for a while. I just program the memory presets to the ones I listen
to. I have found it's output to be a little weak, but haven't tried any
moreenrty level models so I have nothing to compare to. But with any entry
level radio (or any radio for that fact) it's Antenna, Antenna, Antenna.

Chad

Cobra 25 WX LTD Classic mic squeal Chris CB 3 June 26th 04 08:26 PM
Cobra AT-35 antenna power Chris CB 3 April 15th 04 09:26 PM
FS Cobra 2000GTL & Cobr 89XLR w/ D 104's $300 CWest69521 CB 0 March 30th 04 02:10 PM
Cobra 18 WX ST II vs. Cobra 75 WX ST All-in-handset -numbskull CB 0 December 13th 03 05:01 AM
Help!! Please help with this old Cobra Rig!! Mark CB 0 September 26th 03 09:30 PM