Old September 22nd 04, 02:56 AM
Glenn S.

Default Buying an Interceptor 10K Antenna

I am currently running an old Antron 99, which has served me
well, except for lighting up my neighbor's telephone wires. I am
seriously considering buying an Interceptor 10K Antenna. Can anyone
think of any reasons why I shouldn't buy one?

Old September 22nd 04, 03:06 AM
Steveo

Glenn S. wrote:
I am currently running an old Antron 99, which has served me
well, except for lighting up my neighbor's telephone wires. I am
seriously considering buying an Interceptor 10K Antenna. Can anyone
think of any reasons why I shouldn't buy one?

No, but don't expect it to cure your rfi problems. I've had one for a
couple years and it's a great omni. Well constructed so that you don't have
to dick with it much, after it's tuned. (no rfi problems here)

Go for it..you can always store it for another day.
Old September 22nd 04, 04:45 AM
I ain't George either

"Glenn S." wrote in message

I am currently running an old Antron 99, which has served me
well, except for lighting up my neighbor's telephone wires. I am
seriously considering buying an Interceptor 10K Antenna. Can anyone
think of any reasons why I shouldn't buy one?

There are a multitude of reasons you should not buy one, not the least of
which is the fact that you might not want a quality antenna. Another reason
is that you get what you pay for, and these are a little pricey, but still
within specs for quality.

Just kidding...they are excellent antennas, and I hope to see more people
using them. Of course, you can't call it a
CB antenna, because we all know it's against the law to manufacture a CB
Omni in the US or offer it for sale.

Bottom line? Save yourself some headaches and heartache and buy one!