RadioBanter

-   -   OT ping Jim (https://www.radiobanter.com/cb/32609-ot-ping-jim.html)

Keith Hosman KC8TCQ September 27th 04 01:55 PM

"Leland C. Scott" wrote in message ...
"Steveo" wrote in message
Frank Gilliland wrote:
On 26 Sep 2004 01:33:11 GMT, Steveo
wrote in :

Did I ever show you the pic of my Charger winning the burnout
contest?

http://img8.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img8&image=mobmain.jpg

Lime green? Wasn't that a popular color for the AMC Gremlin?

I think it might have been. It's funny you mention the Gremlin, it
was the only car we were sure we didn't see at Woodward but I'm sure
there was at least one there.

Sublime green screams vintage Mopar to me, obviously. I take a lot
of ribbing for painting with that color on purpose but what the
hey. :)

Same lime green color my old 1970 Challenger R/T was painted. White top and
interior, 383 Magnum engine, 4 spd trans with the Hurst pistol grip shifter,
AM/FM stereo, air, power steering and brakes.

My buddy had a 1971 429 Mustang with a 4 spd.

there is a 72 Charger R/T Special setting in my home town that has never been titled

Twistedhed September 27th 04 03:10 PM

From: (Steveo)
Did I ever show you the pic of my Charger winning the burnout contest?
http://img8.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img8&image=mobmain.jpg
_
How did all that white smoke come about with no pavement? Super cool
photo!
Speaking of pics, my buddy was here form West Palm (evacuee from Jeanne)
and when the damn storm came here (we are still without electric and I'm
on a generator so I probably won't be around again until the electric
gets turned on) he took some super pics of the palm trees on my property
during the eye-wall. When he gets back home and sends them to me, I'll
post them.

Dave Hall September 27th 04 05:13 PM

On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 10:10:48 -0400, (Twistedhed)
wrote:

From:
(Steveo)
Did I ever show you the pic of my Charger winning the burnout contest?
http://img8.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img8&image=mobmain.jpg
_
How did all that white smoke come about with no pavement? Super cool
photo!
Speaking of pics, my buddy was here form West Palm (evacuee from Jeanne)
and when the damn storm came here (we are still without electric and I'm
on a generator so I probably won't be around again until the electric
gets turned on) he took some super pics of the palm trees on my property
during the eye-wall. When he gets back home and sends them to me, I'll
post them.

Hmmm......

I wonder how one does that with WebTV........

Dave
"Sandbagger"

Steveo September 27th 04 08:48 PM

(Twistedhed) wrote:
From:
(Steveo)
Did I ever show you the pic of my Charger winning the burnout contest?
http://img8.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img8&image=mobmain.jpg
_
How did all that white smoke come about with no pavement? Super cool
photo!

Hi Twist, the back tires are on a big ole steel plate that has been
watered down right before the burnout..there's no traction at all.

Speaking of pics, my buddy was here form West Palm (evacuee from Jeanne)
and when the damn storm came here (we are still without electric and I'm
on a generator so I probably won't be around again until the electric
gets turned on) he took some super pics of the palm trees on my property
during the eye-wall. When he gets back home and sends them to me, I'll
post them.

Cool, do you have a generator down there for when you lose power?

Leland C. Scott September 27th 04 11:37 PM

om...

wrote in :

[...]

I was talking to a guy at a customer's plant where I was working a few
months ago and he told me a story about a Corvette. Seems a guy brought a
new Vett and then ended up going to Nam right after. Before he went he had
the car crated up. The guy came home in a bag so the car sat for years until
his parents got curious about what was in this big crate. The car still had
air in the tires, no rust mold etc. and had less than 100 miles on it. Think
what that's worth today!

--
Leland C. Scott
KC8LDO

Wireless Network
Mobile computing
on the go brought
to you by Micro$oft

Leland C. Scott September 27th 04 11:42 PM

From: (Steveo)
Did I ever show you the pic of my Charger winning the burnout contest?
http://img8.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img8&image=mobmain.jpg
_
How did all that white smoke come about with no pavement? Super cool
photo!
Speaking of pics, my buddy was here form West Palm (evacuee from Jeanne)
and when the damn storm came here (we are still without electric and I'm
on a generator so I probably won't be around again until the electric
gets turned on) he took some super pics of the palm trees on my property
during the eye-wall. When he gets back home and sends them to me, I'll
post them.

Did you suffer any significant damage to your home? I would think after 4
hurricanes you're about ready to move to someplace safe like Michigan? 8-))
Lots of nice lakes for boating and fishing here.

--
Leland C. Scott
KC8LDO

Wireless Network
Mobile computing
on the go brought
to you by Micro$oft

jim September 28th 04 01:15 AM

Steveo wrote:
(Keith Hosman KC8TCQ) wrote:

wrote in :

Did I ever show you the pic of my Charger winning the burnout
contest?

http://img8.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img8&image=mobmain.jpg

Lime green? Wasn't that a popular color for the AMC Gremlin?

I think it might have been. It's funny you mention the Gremlin, it
was the only car we were sure we didn't see at Woodward but I'm sure
there was at least one there.

Sublime green screams vintage Mopar to me, obviously. I take a lot
of ribbing for painting with that color on purpose but what the
hey. :)

Heheh my first car was a Plymouth Fury III, it was painted a very loud
green, I called it a combination of babypuke and unripened banannas.
It looked uglier than sin especialoly after my mom took the riding
lawn mower down the side. But damn that thing would boogie.

Hey, here's a 66 in Jersey.

http://www.cars-on-line.com/66ply17498.html

hey steve just got back online after the mucho work on the house. those
were a good looking group of humans in that picture. where did you light
it up? and how much did it cost to replace the rubber???? didn't know
you had a challenger as well as a belvediere (sp?)

Steveo September 28th 04 02:44 AM

jim wrote:
Steveo wrote:
(Keith Hosman KC8TCQ) wrote:

wrote in :

[...]

Man, you should be about ready for a vacation pretty soon.

those
were a good looking group of humans in that picture. where did you light
it up? and how much did it cost to replace the rubber????

It was at a car show in Seville, heh you can only see a few of the fun
bunch in that pic. The DARE vette was there too but just to gander at.
I put some may pop scab tires on just for the occasion and took it there
and home on the trailer..the friggin' cords were sticking out of the tires
when I was done. :P

didn't know
you had a challenger as well as a belvedere?

That's a Charger! (like the color?) :)

Twistedhed September 28th 04 04:33 PM

From: (Dave=A0Hall)
On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 10:10:48 -0400,
(Twistedhed)
wrote:
From:
(Steveo)
Did I ever show you the pic of my Charger winning the burnout contest?
http://img8.exs.cx/my.php?loc=3Dimg8...=3Dmobmain.jpg
_
How did all that white smoke come about with no pavement? Super cool
photo!
Speaking of pics, my buddy was here form West Palm (evacuee from Jeanne)
and when the damn storm came here (we are still without electric and I'm
on a generator so I probably won't be around again until the electric
gets turned on) he took some super pics of the palm trees on my property
during the eye-wall. When he gets back home and sends them to me, I'll
post them.

Hmmm......

I wonder how one does that with WebTV........

Dave

"Sandbagger"

Simple. One makes a webpage with the photos. You forget my skipfish page
with them yankee boys? If you need detailed instructions on how basic
webtv operates and functions, email me.
In any event, let's clear up something for Mopar and myself. Mopar
should be reminded that the discontent coming from "George" can be only
one of two people....wa3moj, which Landshark has proven beyond
reasonable doubt to the masses, or yourself. Now, before you get crazy,
allow yourself this simple explanation.... you and "Geo" are the ONLY
ones to ever post regarding intimate knowledge of Lancaster (Amish
Country).......example: speaking of the previous ownership of Zinn's on
Route 30.
My other piece of enjoyed entertainment at the moment is you appear to
have lost your zest for the quest of meeting up with myself. After
expressing your dire want to meet many times on this group and
mentioning your trip to Disney, I offered you several avenues in which
to achieve your quest, the last of which you failed to respond. I will
assume you were having fun and blowing smoke not expecting to actually
be given several real-life opportunities to fulfill your curiosity and
respond in kind. Behave yourself.

Twistedhed September 28th 04 04:43 PM

From: (Steveo)
(Twistedhed) wrote:
From:
(Steveo)
Did I ever show you the pic of my Charger winning the burnout contest?
http://img8.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img8&image=mobmain.jpg
_
How did all that white smoke come about with no pavement? Super cool
photo!
_

(Hi Twist, the back tires are on a big ole steel plate that has been
watered down right before the burnout..there's no traction at all.)

Ha,,,,,betcha that smelled like, like,,,,,,big fun. Only thing missing
was the RF drag race on another launching pad.

_
Speaking of pics, my buddy was here form West Palm (evacuee from Jeanne)
and when the damn storm came here (we are still without electric and I'm
on a generator so I probably won't be around again until the electric
gets turned on) he took some super pics of the palm trees on my property
during the eye-wall. When he gets back home and sends them to me, I'll
post them.

_
(Cool, do you have a generator down there for when you lose power?
_
Absolutely. Using a Troy-Built now..only 3550 watts, 6.75 HP....but it's
plenty enough to run the fridge, clothes washer, big screen (wife can't
do without her 24 hour local news channel), box fan, cb/hammie radio and
the most important of all,,,,,the coffee maker in the morning.I'm going
to buy a quieter (and larger) Honda model in the future, maybe a prtable
A/C unit, too. This Troy-Bilt is way too loud. Kind of neat when a large
load is placed on it though, it never chugs, just "shifts gears" by
changing the pitch of the engine. It delivers excellent performance..too
bad it wasn't quieter. BTW, our power was restored late last night,,many
still without power.