RadioBanter

-   -   OT ping Jim (https://www.radiobanter.com/cb/32609-ot-ping-jim.html)

Twistedhed September 29th 04 06:03 PM

Brushes and POLES, dammit.

Steveo September 30th 04 02:59 AM

(Twistedhed) wrote:
Sol serves as a sort of weeding
process at times g.

I can smoke more than him!

Steveo September 30th 04 03:01 AM

(Twistedhed) wrote:
That's the type generator I'm talking about. Glad to know someone that
actually had an experience with one, 'cause I never tried them. I think
I may rent one for a weekend to take camping to get a better feel for
it.

That's a good idea if a Honda is available. I swear I've never heard
one so quiet.

Steveo September 30th 04 03:03 AM

(Twistedhed) wrote:
Brushes and POLES, dammit.

Damn the torpedo's!

Steveo September 30th 04 04:31 AM

Frank Gilliland wrote:

-snipper'd-

One more thing: Run it once in a while! Too many people run their
generators once, put them in the garage for months or even years, then
pull them out to find that the battery has solidified into a beautiful
blue-green mass of crystals, or the motor is frozen, or the carb is
gummed up because they didn't drain the bowl.

Very good advice. In fact I've gotten in the habit of adding
the stor-n-start to the fuel of things like that and my trash
pump. Once the fuel goes south you can't use it, and that sucks
when you're trying to start the thing you never use but need
right NOW! lol

Landshark September 30th 04 05:46 AM

"Steveo" wrote in message
(Twistedhed) wrote:
That's the type generator I'm talking about. Glad to know someone that
actually had an experience with one, 'cause I never tried them. I think
I may rent one for a weekend to take camping to get a better feel for
it.

That's a good idea if a Honda is available. I swear I've never heard
one so quiet.

Had a small one at a city park once, the ranger walked
by a half a dozen time before he realized there was a Honda
generator running the whole time.

Landshark

--
My bad..the camera is mightier than the blowhard(s)..in most respects.

Steveo September 30th 04 06:14 AM

"Landshark" wrote:
"Steveo" wrote in message
(Twistedhed) wrote:
That's the type generator I'm talking about. Glad to know someone that
actually had an experience with one, 'cause I never tried them. I
think I may rent one for a weekend to take camping to get a better
feel for it.

That's a good idea if a Honda is available. I swear I've never heard
one so quiet.

Had a small one at a city park once, the ranger walked
by a half a dozen time before he realized there was a Honda
generator running the whole time.

Landshark

I couldn't figure out how them Honda boys make them so much
more quiet. I had an Onan on the motorhome that I sold and it
was fairly quiet, but not as shhhhhhhh as the Honda.

Dave Hall September 30th 04 12:16 PM

On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 11:33:25 -0400, (Twistedhed)
wrote:

From:
(Dave*Hall)
On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 10:10:48 -0400,
(Twistedhed)
wrote:
From:
(Steveo)
Did I ever show you the pic of my Charger winning the burnout contest?
http://img8.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img8&image=mobmain.jpg
_
How did all that white smoke come about with no pavement? Super cool
photo!
Speaking of pics, my buddy was here form West Palm (evacuee from Jeanne)
and when the damn storm came here (we are still without electric and I'm
on a generator so I probably won't be around again until the electric
gets turned on) he took some super pics of the palm trees on my property
during the eye-wall. When he gets back home and sends them to me, I'll
post them.

Hmmm......

I wonder how one does that with WebTV........

Dave

"Sandbagger"

Simple. One makes a webpage with the photos. You forget my skipfish page
with them yankee boys?

I was not aware of that page

If you need detailed instructions on how basic
webtv operates and functions, email me.

I'm just curious how you can upload pictures from a machine which can
not handle file transfers (At least according to the literature I've
read). The MSN home page claims that you can create web pages, and
mention adding photos, but gives no further info on how one actually
accomplishes it. My digital camera uses a USB port to transfer images.
The WebTV console does not advertise a USB capability.

In any event, let's clear up something for Mopar and myself. Mopar
should be reminded that the discontent coming from "George" can be only
one of two people....wa3moj, which Landshark has proven beyond
reasonable doubt to the masses, or yourself. Now, before you get crazy,
allow yourself this simple explanation.... you and "Geo" are the ONLY
ones to ever post regarding intimate knowledge of Lancaster (Amish
Country).......example: speaking of the previous ownership of Zinn's on
Route 30.

Let's analyze this statement for a second shall we? You conclude that
the person posting as "George" has to be either WA3MOJ or me, based
solely on the basis of our geographical proximity to Lancaster Pa.?
Are we the only people who live in this area of Pa? Surely I doubt
that.

Here's another possibility for you to consider. The person you speak
of is neither wa3moj or anyone else who you know, but rather another
anonymous twit who's been having a huge laugh at everyone's expense as
they accuse other people of being responsible for the deeds.

But the big question, that I want to know, is why bring this up in the
middle of a discussion about the capabilities of WebTV? You always
accuse other people of an inability to stay focussed on topic. This
left field blurb is a clear deflection from the topic at hand, if I
ever saw it.

My other piece of enjoyed entertainment at the moment is you appear to
have lost your zest for the quest of meeting up with myself. After
expressing your dire want to meet many times on this group and
mentioning your trip to Disney, I offered you several avenues in which
to achieve your quest, the last of which you failed to respond.

One minor correction, I am not of a "dire want" to meet you. I will
just be in the general area next month, and gave you the opportunity
to prove once and for all that you are someone beyond your little
cartoon character facade.

You offered me the choice of either finding you on the CB, which of
course, I don't know what you go by or what channels you talk on,
which then gives you a convenient excuse to say that you weren't
around when I came looking. Or giving you MY cell phone number (Which
I don't have), where again there is no guarantee that you'd call and
you now would theoretically have a piece of my personal information.
That would involve a level of trust that I quite frankly do not have
as of yet.

I will
assume you were having fun and blowing smoke not expecting to actually
be given several real-life opportunities to fulfill your curiosity and
respond in kind. Behave yourself.

Now, if you would just direct me to a place where I could find you, at
a specific time, then I could make the meeting. You have a charter
boat business. I would think that would be an excellent opportunity.

Dave
"Sandbagger"
http://home.ptd.net/~n3cvj

Landshark September 30th 04 02:33 PM

"Dave Hall" wrote in message
Let's analyze this statement for a second shall we? You conclude that
the person posting as "George" has to be either WA3MOJ or me, based
solely on the basis of our geographical proximity to Lancaster Pa.?
Are we the only people who live in this area of Pa? Surely I doubt
that.
Dave
"Sandbagger"
http://home.ptd.net/~n3cvj

Nope, just Geo

http://tinyurl.com/6uqge

http://tinyurl.com/6r8a9

http://tinyurl.com/66o9f

Landshark

--
__
o /' )

Keith Hosman KC8TCQ September 30th 04 02:56 PM

(Twistedhed) wrote in message ...
Kennelmaster of rec.radio's puppy pound, wrote:
Same way you northern folks feel down here in the summer when the temp
is 98 and the humidity is two percent above that! ;-)
_
Oh yea, that. We call that APRILMAYJUNEJULYAUGUSTSEPTEMBER
You can always tell the newbie tourists,,,,they stay in the water all
day to avoid the heat and try and cool off. You can recognize them by
the white gobs of sun block their wives smear on them in the late
afternoon on top of their lobster-like appearance, but by then it is too
late. They are usually in the emergency room by 9:00 PM, hungry, because
they didn't have dinner due to the hours of ambivalance spent deciding
whether or not to go to the ER, agreeing to go and seek treatment only
when the blisters begin to appear when the sun goes down. These type
yanks never return and marvelously blame their amazing and miserable
experience on the state itself. 'Ol Sol serves as a sort of weeding
process at times g.

Florida's heat/humidity wasn't as bad as it was in Houston in 2001.
And believe it or not, I hardly ever tan but usually burn real bad, I
left florida w/o burning once, and had the darkest tan I've ever had,
but now after being transfered to an indoor assignment my tan us
fading away. But yes I can remember my experiances in Fla in my
younger years (spring break comes to mind) when I got burned really
bad heheh.