Old October 7th 04, 01:05 PM
Steveo

Dave Hall wrote:
On 06 Oct 2004 23:16:07 GMT, Steveo
wrote:

Frank Gilliland wrote:
Wanna see a CB graveyard?

Yes! Please post links to jpegs.

Hey, btw. Any interest in attending the rrcb bonanza?

Where and when?

Dave
"Sandbagger"

That's the $64 question.

--
F the CC - Steve Earle
Old October 7th 04, 07:41 PM
DR. Death

"itoldyouiamnotiamnotgeorge" wrote
in message ...
Steveo wrote in news:20041006191607.176
:

Frank Gilliland wrote:
Wanna see a CB graveyard?

Yes! Please post links to jpegs.

Hey, btw. Any interest in attending the rrcb bonanza?

It's gonna look like a queer convention.

Why????? Are you inviting your friends?

Old October 7th 04, 07:49 PM
DR. Death

"Steveo" wrote in message
Is Kentucky too close to you?

If it's in Kentucky, try to have it around the second weekend in April, that
way I can attend the Knob Creek machine gun shoot...............YEE
HAW!!!!!!!

Old October 7th 04, 08:13 PM
Steveo

"DR. Death" wrote:
"Steveo" wrote in message
Is Kentucky too close to you?

If it's in Kentucky, try to have it around the second weekend in April,
that way I can attend the Knob Creek machine gun shoot...............YEE
HAW!!!!!!!

Cool! I'll be in Bristol Tenn the first weekend in April.

--
F the CC - Steve Earle

Old October 7th 04, 09:58 PM
Frank Gilliland

On Thu, 07 Oct 2004 07:18:45 -0400, Dave Hall
wrote in :

snip
I am Clear Channel of borg. Resistance is futile. Your station WILL be
assimilated......

NO ****!

Old October 8th 04, 12:19 PM
Dave Hall

wrote in :

snip
I am Clear Channel of borg. Resistance is futile. Your station WILL be
assimilated......

NO ****!

A sad but true reality in this modern age of broadcasting. The "mom
and pop" radio stations can no longer compete in the big money
corporate arena.

There was a time when I was seriously considering a career in
broadcasting. I was tossing a coin over whether I wanted to be a
broadcast engineer or radio personality. But when the rules changed
and radio stations started getting bought out by bottom-line oriented
corporations which stick to canned format formulas, and discourage
individualism, I lost my taste for the talent side of the business.
When I found out what a typical engineer was making, that soured me as
well. Only those at the top stations in major market areas, make any
real money.

It's a shame. I grew up listening to some real radio talent (Who
didn't have to mention bodily functions every few minutes to get a
laugh). I really liked the Drake/Chenault "Boss Radio" format which
started at KHJ in Los Angeles and migrated to my area at some really
great stations like WFIL in Phila, and WABC in New York.

It really was a "dream job" for alot of us then.....

Relive some of that time:
http://www.reelradio.com

Dave
"Sandbagger"
Old October 8th 04, 02:06 PM
Frank Gilliland

On Fri, 08 Oct 2004 07:19:24 -0400, Dave Hall
wrote in :

clip....er, snip
It's a shame. I grew up listening to some real radio talent (Who
didn't have to mention bodily functions every few minutes to get a
laugh). I really liked the Drake/Chenault "Boss Radio" format which
started at KHJ in Los Angeles and migrated to my area at some really
great stations like WFIL in Phila, and WABC in New York.

My favorite was CBS Radio Mystery Theatre hosted by E. G. Marshall.
When that was canceled it was the beginning of the end of radio, IMHO.

Old October 8th 04, 02:16 PM
Twistedhed

Frank Gilliland wrote:
I was a BE up until a couple months ago. Currently I'm subcontracting
audio equipment maintenance with the station, but that leaves me with
all the self-employment costs. It's almost not worth the effort. And
even the subcontracting may not last because the station is expected to
fall within months. I'm thinking about a new career doing a little
gold-panning in Idaho next year.....
_
Right on! Some serious country up there....you gonna set up a small
operation or just take pan in hand? Heck, plan it right, take the entire
summer....what a job!