Old April 20th 04, 10:29 PM
jack smith

Default HAMS...be aware of the AFRICAN diamond email scam, heres some info and diamond quality scam

i had a guy send me an email with the typical diamond email scam "hi
im joe african" and my (insert false name of relative here) died
recently he had a huge reserve of diamonds and i need your help to get
them, and will be willing to share 10% of millions with you. i emailed
the guy back saying i wanted to help him and make lots of money! he
replyed back and i have been jerking him around for several days
acting interested so he will play his scam with me.
EVENTUALLY HE IS GOING TO ASK ME TO PUT UP SOME MONEY

heres his first email....

Dear sir,

I know that this proposal letter might be a surprise to you, but do
consider it as an emergency.In a nutshell,I am Mr.SAMSON KONATE
MANI,from
the republic of Sierra-Leone in west Africa,now seeking political
asylum in Dakar Senegal under the (UNHCR).I got your contact from a
reliable
chamber of commerce.

My (late )father (Dr.MUSTAPHA MANI) was the managing director of
Rainbow Gold Diamond Mining company in (KEN EMA) Sierra- Leone.But was
killed
during the longing civil war and all his properties was totally
destroyed.However, we managed to escape with some of my father's
precious
Diamonds which is presently deposited safely in a security and finance
company here in Dakar.

Now we are saddled with the problem of securing a trust worthy foreign
personality to help us transfer the diamonds over to his country
pending my arrival to meet with him.Furthermore,we only want this done
this
way because your country is politically stable for any profitable
investment and if you accept our proposal,you will serve as the
beneficiary
of the diamonds.

I am giving you the offers as mentioned with every confidence on your
acceptance to assist us,we have decided to give you 10% out of the
total
money generated from the sales of the diamonds.Secondly,we shall
mapped
out 2% for any miscellaneous expenses that you may incur during the
transferring of the diamonds over to your country. Finally,the diamond
weight in question is 42.550 Carats.Conclusively,i wish you send me a
reply immediately as soon as you receive this proposal, so that we
shall
arrange on how to lift this consignment out of Dakar Senegal to your
country.

On commencement,this transaction will take (7) working days to be
accomplished.A certificate of ownership, and the Lab-test result
certificate
of the diamonds would be fax to you immediately i receive your urgent
and positive reply.Until then,i remain with the best regards. My
alternative email address is )
Regards.
SAMSON.

heres my email to him...

hello, i would like to help you, how can i do so?

bill
his reply....

Dear Jack Smith,
Thanks for your email received and well noted,i have equaly discussed
with
my mother regarding your interest to transact this business with
us,she
was
glag and hope to talk with you in due time.

For more introduction,i live in a refugee camp,but i rented an
apartment for
my mother and younger sister in the surbub.as we corresponds,i will
send you
my family photos as a way of building a strong family ties between us.

IN DETAILS, we wish to have you as a partner,your role will be to
assits us
transfer these diamonds to your country,or any where you have
connection to
sale it, and also to direct us in any profitable investment after the
sales
of the stones.The diamonds is still in a storage house where we
deposited it
for safe keeping,and it worths approximately twenty million US
dollars,as
extimated by the OPERATIONAL DIRECTOR of the storage company,out side
africa,it may be more than this,so we are offering you 10 PERCENT FOR
YOUR
SERVICES AND EXTRA 2 PERCENT for any expensis you may incur in the
process
of transfering it to your position,which woun't be much.Making it 12
percent
from the net total money generated from the whole sales. I want us to
have a
comon understanding before we proceed.

But if you would prefare to buy the stones yourself, then we will be
happy
to invite you to senegal,as you know it is a peaceful and democratic
country,we meet face to face,you see the qualities,carats,sizes
etc,then we
can have full discussion. I want you to undersatnd that we acquired
this
stones legaly,the attached photo is our diamond minning feild,which
still
belong to us till date, after the date of my father,and all his
properties
distroyed,we have nothing left accept this stones, since then we have
surfered much pains and hardship taking every risk to escape with it
out of
sierraleone.as such we are keen in finding a trust worthy person,with
the
fear of GOD.Your coresponding e-mails will clearify things.

Provide me with your phone and fax numbers.I will fax the necessary
documents covering this stones to you.
Regards,
SAMSON.
my reply to him

hi samson,
thank you for replying, im sorry to say i dont have a fax machine and
i dont have a phone, i use my local internet cafe, i live in a small
town that does not have much communication, so everyone uses the
internet cafe to surf the web and email while having dinner.

i hope your mother is fine, and it is good that you have set her up in
an apartment, that is so kind of you.

i would sugest this, can you email me the forms as an attachment to an
email, then i can send it back to you as an attachment, it will be
very quick.

also please let me know what else to do, i want to help....

i enjoy looking forward to helping you, and making alot of money!

jack

samson replied with 2 emails with attachments, both attachments were
scans of diamond certifications and company ownership
heres some key words i can read off the scans,
signed by the regional authority of KENEMA and also signed by THE
HONORABLE MINISTER OF MINERAL RESOURCES (does that sound fake or
what?)
it also states the owner of the Rainbow gold and Diamond mining
company of sierra Leone is DR. MUSTAPHA l. MANI
the other scanned document is a diamond certification sheet from
SO.DE.MI Compagine Accreditee Laboratrie in Senegal.
this certificate indicates that there are 8.98 Kilograms of diamonds,
of a quality of H-VS1 and H-VS2, 42.550 Karats
with an address of 15 Marimathamous Street freetown sierra Leone

he also had the following text in the 2 emails that contained the
documents

Dear Jack,
I have scaned and attached the necessary documents.
1) The certificate of ownership.
2) The lab test certificate (EGL)
3) The lab test certificate conducted in senegal.
4) The stones were kimberly certified , but we lost the certficate in
our
rush out of freetown.

You will notice two lab test results certs, the lab test result (egl)
was
found in my father's belongings, i do not think that it covers all the
stones, so i took another lab test in senegal (3).

In my next email i will send you photos of some diamonds, kindly let
me
know
if the photos are very clear.
With regards,
SAMSON.

i want to lay it on thick and make it sound like im really interested
in him, i want more info about his "FAMILY" so i can have more info to
cross check on the usenet, all will be posted here..

my reply to his last email sending the scans...

hi samson,

yes i got 2 scans, the diamond certification, and the ownership
certification, if you sent a 3rd i did not get it.

ok, send me more information and let me know how to help you,
i want to know you better, so heres some information about my family,
my moms name is janet, and my sisters name is kelly, and my dad is
john.
what was your moms name and sisters name?
and share with me more about what life is like for you there, it is
sad, but interesting, and helps me to know you better.

hope to hear from you soon,

jack
Old April 20th 04, 10:41 PM
Grümwîtch thë Ünflãppåblê

Yo there Jack.

Whilst you were jacking around with emails, I contacted Samson and the
diamonds are now safe in my banque despository and Samson's sister is here
at my flat. She is soooooooooooooooo grateful.

--
"All persons, living or dead, are purely coincidental, and should not be
construed."

Old April 21st 04, 05:56 AM
jack smith

yo, Grümwîtch,

dont wear her out, i still hope to hook up with her after the diamonds
have been transfered to my bank, samson will be ****ed!

have fun man, and watch for the updates,

jack
Old April 23rd 04, 02:53 AM
Jerry

"jack smith" wrote in message
om...
[...]

Just for kicks, I write them back and say something like.............OK,
tell ya what. You box up $10,000 worth of them diamonds (lol), and send
them to me.
Then I'll have them appraised, and then we'll talk.

They never answer back!

Jerry

(Like Barnum said, there's a sucker born every second!)

Old April 23rd 04, 07:09 AM
D. Stussy

Please don't post KNOWN SPAM to the newsgroup.

PS: This is simply a "new" twist on the "Nigerian Scam" which has been around
for 15 years. I say "new" because it's only a year old.

Old April 23rd 04, 12:29 PM
Joe Rat

I usually send them an EXE with the reply that all relevant
bank info is in there and I send a password. As soon as
the silly ape inserts the password and clicks ok.
It says "ait while I decode the information."
It wipes the boot sector and deletes windows.
That's the only way to treat those apes, punish them.

Joe Rat

om...

Old April 24th 04, 02:05 AM
Papro Androsyis

"jack smith" wrote in message
om...
i had a guy send me an email with the typical diamond email scam "hi
im joe african" and my (insert false name of relative here) died
recently he had a huge reserve of diamonds and i need your help to get
them, and will be willing to share 10% of millions with you.

Trust me pal.......most hams I know are the cheapest, most
sour-assed tightwads I have ever met in my life. (apart from
the goofballs I see at the occasional model train show that is)

Most hams won't even spring 4 the money for postage to africa
let alone correspond with Ungawa Mugabe in GondWannaLand
to get a piece of his alleged diamond mine.

Capeish?

Old April 25th 04, 04:30 AM
jack smith

heres a 3rd email i forgot to put in that samson wrote,

Dear Jack,
thanks so much for your information, it's good to know more about
ourselves
as you rightly said, well you know my name, my mother is Janet and my
sister
is Dora.

I sent you two laboratory documents, one is (EGL) conducted in europe
and
the other one is conducted in senegal, it's written in french language
so
let me know which one you have got so that i will know the one to send
you.

LIfe generaly as you in africa is difficult, although senegal is a
peaceful
and democartic country but it is a poor country and no work
oppurtunities, i
live in a refugee camp as you life is difficult here, lack of pipe
born
water, good foods, advanced medical facilities etc.

We maped out two options regarding how you can assists us transact
this
business, let me know the one that is convinient for you.
1) If you can come to senegal and buy the stones from us or bring a
buyer
here, we are going to sale at a very good prices that will suits you.
2) But if you can not come or send a buyer down here, then i can
arrnged and
transfer the diamonds to your position pending my arrival to meet with
you
for the sales. My travelling documents are under preperation by the
UNHCR
and will soon be out. It is important to note that you will assists us
in
payning the minor espensis that may occure in the process of
transfering the
stones to you end, and before then i shall seek for a legal practioner
draft us an agreement document protecting both parties interests.
Let me know is you have any qeustion.
Regards,
SAMSON.

i replied to samson.............. Tue, 20 Apr 2004 21:50:25 -0700
(PDT)

hi samson, i looked further, it was attached 2 in one email, so i have
all 3 ok, i understand.

as for the option to help you, i cant come to where you are at, i
could do option 2 then. but want to know you better, you said you
would send pictures of your family, i would like to see you, and your
mom and sister as we have been talking of to know you better.
you also said you would send me a picture of the diamonds, that would
help me to know they exist, to trust you.

say hi to your mother and sister and let them know i am wanting to
help.

jack

samson replied................. Wed, 21 Apr 2004 11:32:20 +0000

I will send my family photos as soon as i scan it.
PLease let me have any phone number so that i can talk with you, even
if a
friend's number. I Need to talk with you, it's important.
SAMSON.

i replied..... Wed, 21 Apr 2004 15:16:12 -0700 (PDT)

hi samson, glad to hear from you again, yes i am recieving your photos
well noted! thank you, i look forward to seeing your family photo too.

as i said before i live in a small town where there is not much
communication except in our local internet cafe, i have an idea for
you to call me, the cafe has telephones outside that people use called
pay phones, i could tell you the numbers of one, then you can call me
on it at a time that is good for us.....i can be there waiting for you
to call at a certain time.....i think this will work well.

let me know samson, take care
jack

samson replied..... Thu, 22 Apr 2004 11:42:00 +0000

Give me the number, i want to make sure who am dealing with before we
proceed futher.
Regards,
SAMSON.

i replied to samson... Thu, 22 Apr 2004 17:09:59 -0700 (PDT)

hi samson,
before i get you the number, i would like to know when you could be
available, that way i can see if i can be there waiting,

i live in united states, georgia, and my time zone is eastern as of
typing of this email it is aproximately 8m

you want to talk to me, that is good for building a bond also, i want
to talk to you too.

i dont know how to figure time zones where you are at, so i hope you
can determine the difference in time...i can be available between 6pm
and 10pm most evenings, ecept tuesdays.

let me know if you determint what time that is for you and what time i
would need to wait by the pay phone and i will, once you figure out
the time, i will walk to the phone and get the number from it and
email it to you.

talk to you soon,
jack

samson replied............. Fri, 23 Apr 2004 19:17:21 +0000

Dear Jack,
I am surprised to hear that there is a part of USA that lack
communication
facilities, if that is the case, call me anytime with this number
+221-539-221 it's 24 hours to 24 hours, the number is in the refugee
camp,
ask for samson konate mani.
I will be waiting for your call.
Regards,
SAMSON.

i replied............... Fri, 23 Apr 2004 13:50:34 -0700 (PDT)
hi samson, i think you misunderstood me, i dont have a phone, other
people here do, there just is not alot of communication, i did not say
none. the phone i could call you on is a payphone, it will not call
international numbers. but can be called by international numbers. i
want to help you and your mom.

you contacted me thru the easiest way to contact me, if you wish to
use the phone it gets a little more complicated, but i am willing to
work with you, i have money to help with the processing that is not
the problem, the problem is, im rarely home so why pay for something i
dont use? i would rather keep that extra money in the bank rather than
pay it to the telco, it is reasons like that that i have a fair amount
of money, i am no stranger to investing, i consider helping you an
investment.

work with me samson, i gave you details to my time zone and i figure
you will know how to determine the time difference. i am willing to
wait by the phone for you if we are able to make this work.

jack.

samson replied............. Sat, 24 Apr 2004 11:41:10 +0000

Dear Jack,
I realy undersatnd you very well but at the same time i would like you
also see reasons with me.We have exchanged so many emails good, i will
like
to hear your voice too and be sure i am dealing with the right person,
the
stone we are talking about is our only hope of survival, my father use
pay schools fees for hundreds of person and feed many families, the
mani
family is well known in sierraleano having produced two ministers and
late
major.

It is very important that you call me with the number i gave you. My
mother
wants to have a word with you too, call any time, just ask for samson
konate
mani.
GOD BLESS.
SAMSON.

Old April 25th 04, 10:29 PM
Bunnydawg

They have computers and a scanner in a refuge camp. Gee i should do that
well hi hi.
Robert
VE3 something or other.

"jack smith" wrote in message
om...
heres a 3rd email i forgot to put in that samson wrote,

Dear Jack,
thanks so much for your information, it's good to know more about

~~snipped~~

Old April 26th 04, 10:31 PM
jack smith

heres a continuation of the emailings with samson,

samson replied...................Mon, 26 Apr 2004 11:28:01 +0000

Dear Jack,
Happy for this numbers anyway, but to avoid calling in absence coupled
with
the problem of time differents, kindly call me with this number
+221-539-3221 any time of the day or night,just ask for samson konate
mani.
Please we are in senegal right now,not sierraleone my country.
Regards,
SAMSON.