Old October 4th 04, 10:17 PM
Alex

Default Testing SWR

Would a good place to test SWR be on the interstate, like off in the
emergency lane. Last time I tested I was in my front yard. There is
power lines around my house, would that make a difference? I'm
assuming I need to find a clear place, which the best bet for me would
be the interstate.
Old October 4th 04, 10:19 PM
Hamguy

I doesn't really matter...
Although testing in the clear is probably better.

Old October 4th 04, 10:23 PM
Alex

On Mon, 04 Oct 2004 21:19:59 GMT, "Hamguy" wrote:

I doesn't really matter...
Although testing in the clear is probably better.

Thanks

Old October 4th 04, 11:29 PM
Lancer

On Mon, 04 Oct 2004 17:17:17 -0400, Alex
wrote:

Would a good place to test SWR be on the interstate, like off in the
emergency lane. Last time I tested I was in my front yard. There is
power lines around my house, would that make a difference? I'm
assuming I need to find a clear place, which the best bet for me would
be the interstate.

Alex;
Your front yard should be great place to tune your antenna, As
long as your not parked right next to large mass of metal.
Old October 4th 04, 11:52 PM
Dave VanHorn

Would a good place to test SWR be on the interstate, like off in the
emergency lane.

That's really not a good place to do anything, except get killed.
A local Meijers or Wal-Mart parking lot would work nicely, anywhere that you
can get clear of metal for 1-2 wavelengths. But I doubt you'll see any
significant difference between that, and most home/on-street parking
situations.

--
KC6ETE Dave's Engineering Page, www.dvanhorn.org
Microcontroller Consultant, specializing in Atmel AVR

Old October 6th 04, 02:16 AM
Brian Griffey

I always just went somewhere that you can have about 20 feet of
unobstructed space in all directions. Most parking lots fit that
criteria. It's really not going to make a big difference unless you're
backed up to a wall... or inside a garage... not recommended.

Professor
www.telstar-electronics.com