Old October 15th 04, 02:46 AM
digitals

Default Interference in tv

Would any scanner that auto scans VHF & UHF pickup the interference and lock
in on the freq ? Is this correct thinking ?

--

"CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email and attachments are confidential and are
intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is

Old October 15th 04, 03:10 AM
moparholic

"digitals"

Would any scanner that auto scans VHF & UHF
pickup the interference and lock
in on the freq ? Is this correct thinking ?

I don't like what you said so I am going to challenge you to fight me. The
fight will have to take place at your house because I cannot reveal where I
live. Tell me when you won't be home so I can sneak around your residence
and take pictures!

Old October 15th 04, 03:19 AM
digitals

Moparholic,

Our a little strange are we ?

Back to what my question is
I noticed the Pro-95 scans only VHF ..
They make a scanner that scans both VHF/UFH..
--

"CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email and attachments are confidential and are
intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is
addressed, and may contain information that is Privileged or Confidential.
If you have received this email in error, you are prohibited from using,
copying, distributing or storing on any medium the information contained
herein. You should notify the sender immediately by return email and delete
the message from your computer system."

"moparholic" wrote in message
lkaboutradio.com...
"digitals"

Old October 15th 04, 04:24 AM
DR. Death

"digitals" wrote in message
[...]

You will have to excuse Dougay, his foodstamps were late this month.

Old October 18th 04, 04:09 AM
Peter

"digitals" wrote in message
.verio.net...
Moparholic,

Our a little strange are we ?

I feel sure you will find that was a forgery... someone
claiming to be Steve.

Back to what my question is
I noticed the Pro-95 scans only VHF ..
They make a scanner that scans both VHF/UFH..

But what if the offending signal is on HF?
Then again, will it not find hundreds of signals... how will
you know which to blame for your troubles?

It is not an easy job finding the cause of such interference,
you need to look a little more into it.
Does the interference happen on all channels or just one?
Does it happen all the time, constant for long periods or in
short bursts?
Is the picture breaking up, sound breaking up or can you hear
someone chatting up some local bird with silly lines like, "do
you take it up the sh*tt*r"?

If the signal is really strong, there are frequency "sniffers"
available which will detect strong signals and give you the
exact frequency.

But beware, not all interference is due to a bad transmitter,
much of it is due to poorly designed TV or audio equipment.
Sometimes, a cheap filter on the TV may cure it - and avoid
much fighting and future bad feeling with neighbours.
If it is a neighbour, tred carefully, you have to continue
to live near them.

"CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email and attachments are confidential and are
intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is
addressed, and may contain information that is Privileged or Confidential.
If you have received this email in error, you are prohibited from using,
copying, distributing or storing on any medium the information contained
herein. You should notify the sender immediately by return email and delete
the message from your computer system."

Strange sig, considering this is a public newsgroup, available
to everyone in the World - and your posts have been Google
archived for ever more so that future generations can also
read them and marvel at the contents of these posts :~)

Regards,

Peter.
http://www.citizensband.radiouk.com/
http://www.electronics.radiouk.com/