Old October 15th 04, 06:57 AM
I Am Not George

Default Why Aren't There Any Gay SW Stations?

"T. Early" wrote in message ...
"moparholic" wrote in message
lkaboutradio.com...
Think about it, there are gay TV shows and gay magazines, why no gay

SW
stations? Must be homophobes. I would like to listen to a gay

oriented
program on the radio and I bet lots of others would too.

What an interesting topic for your first (?) r.r.s. post! Let's
pretend you actually care.

Since the time for most SW programs is sold and since most SW
broadcasters will sell time to anyone and do not discriminate (as is
evidenced by some of what's on the air), one must surmise that there
is no one out there with an interest in SW who wants to produce a
gay-oriented show, or at least produce one and pay for it.

Personally, I would like to hear a gay preacher who verbally "bashes"
straights in the same manner as a few SW preachers take it on
themselves to verbally bash gays. Or perhaps a radio version of
"Queer Eye for the Straight Guy" in which a gay ham provides design
tips to 70-year- old hams on how to outfit and accessorize their
"shacks." There is no reason why a gay kook wouldn't be as
entertaining as a straight kook. When you think about it, we may
already be hearing some and just not know it.

speaking of kooks LOL moparholic never know where he will turn up
Old October 15th 04, 07:19 AM
DR. Death

"I Am Not George" wrote in message
m...

[...]