Old October 17th 04, 06:30 PM
Bada Bing

Default CB gear for sale

"N8WWM" wrote in message
news:1097882528.56/Y//wsOcl7ntLQduxcVQ@teranews...
32 pill mobile amp. Swings 7000 watts. $2000 firm.

Be LOUD and PROUD!

How much drive does it require?

Old October 17th 04, 07:41 PM
Cry_Keyclowns_Cry

"Bada Bing" wrote

How much drive does it require?

It will easily fit in your ass if you get mopedope to give it a push.

Old October 17th 04, 11:27 PM
NN7Kex

Bada Bing wrote:

"N8WWM" wrote in message

32 pill mobile amp. Swings 7000 watts. $2000 firm.

Be LOUD and PROUD!

How much drive does it require?

And, HOW BIG of a 440 Volt 3 Phase Sub-Station is required?
The corona off the gutters ought to remove the need for a yard
light, tho !

Old October 18th 04, 12:07 AM
Dave VanHorn

A typical efficiency is about 50%, possibly less at these current levels, so
figure14000W input, or 1000A at 14V? I'm going to bet that there's some
significant I^2R loss in that system.

Of course on the new car systems with the higher voltages, things will get a
lot easier.

--
KC6ETE Dave's Engineering Page, www.dvanhorn.org
Microcontroller Consultant, specializing in Atmel AVR

Old October 18th 04, 01:18 AM
Steveo

"NN7KexNOSPAMk7zfg" wrote:
Bada Bing wrote:

"N8WWM" wrote in message

32 pill mobile amp. Swings 7000 watts. $2000 firm.

Be LOUD and PROUD!

How much drive does it require?

And, HOW BIG of a 440 Volt 3 Phase Sub-Station is required?
The corona off the gutters ought to remove the need for a yard
light, tho !

I'm pretty sure that's a mobile amp Doug is selling. Must take quite
a bank of alternators.

Old October 18th 04, 02:30 AM
NN7Kex

Steveo wrote:
"NN7KexNOSPAMk7zfg" wrote:

Bada Bing wrote:

"N8WWM" wrote in message

32 pill mobile amp. Swings 7000 watts. $2000 firm.

Be LOUD and PROUD!

How much drive does it require?

And, HOW BIG of a 440 Volt 3 Phase Sub-Station is required?
The corona off the gutters ought to remove the need for a yard
light, tho !

I'm pretty sure that's a mobile amp Doug is selling. Must take quite
a bank of alternators.

More like a WELDER, GENERATOR or, one hell of an extension cord!
and, the antenna would need to be about 5 inches in diameter
to keep from melting!
Old October 18th 04, 02:53 AM
Dave VanHorn

7kW at 50 ohms isn't THAT much current.

What's the feedline connector?

Old October 18th 04, 02:54 AM
U Know Who

"Dave VanHorn" wrote in message
7kW at 50 ohms isn't THAT much current.

What's the feedline connector?

BNC should work nicely.

Old October 18th 04, 01:11 PM
whoever

I forget the math?
P=IxE and E=IxR so P=IxIxR? 7KW=IxIx50 7000/50=IxI 140=IxI
140=me twice
Damn now I've got a headache!

Old October 18th 04, 04:39 PM
Dave VanHorn

I forget the math?
P=IxE and E=IxR so P=IxIxR? 7KW=IxIx50 7000/50=IxI 140=IxI
140=me twice
Damn now I've got a headache!

P=I^2R so assuming a properly matched load, P/50=I^2 and I is about 12A.

--
KC6ETE Dave's Engineering Page, www.dvanhorn.org
Microcontroller Consultant, specializing in Atmel AVR

FA Drake gear and Old Keys Charlie Hugg Boatanchors 0 September 19th 04 04:33 PM
FA Drake gear and Old Keys Charlie Hugg Equipment 0 September 19th 04 04:33 PM
FA Drake gear and Old Keys Charlie Hugg Equipment 0 September 19th 04 04:33 PM
Old broadcast and misc. radio gear Larry Anderson Boatanchors 2 May 26th 04 04:17 AM
Buying and selling used ham radio gear WA3MOJ CB 6 April 21st 04 06:31 PM