Old November 9th 04, 12:31 AM
Steveo

"Dr.X" wrote:
"Steveo" wrote in message
"Dr.X" wrote:
"George Kinzer" wrote in message
hey, let us know......

Hey George. My freind and I are testing right now. 11/08/04 7:13 pm.

will be there for a little bit testing. Currently channel 35 in St.
Petersburg FL.

open windows media player, click on file then open. and type this -
mms://24.28.51.177:8080 and hit enter. let me know what it sounds
like over there.

if you don't have a high speed connection, might be a waste of time.

-Dr.X

ps: anyone else try too. let me know. we'll make adjustments as
needed.

You're muffled, but I can hear whoever is replying to you pretty well.

Yeah, that's Bill. you shouldn't hear him very well since the audio
output of the radio isn't supposed to be carrying his mic audio. I'll fix
that soon though.

Thanks for help with testing. Are you on a high speed connection? or
modem?

-Dr.X

I heard someone saying something about a baby being born backwards. lol

I'm on cable.
Old November 9th 04, 12:33 AM
Dr.X

"Steveo" wrote in message
"Dr.X" wrote:
"Steveo" wrote in message
"Dr.X" wrote:
[...]

Yeah, i heard that too. I wasn't paying enough attention to the conversation
but i think it was like, if you do it doggie style will the baby be born
backwards. lol

-Dr.X

Old November 9th 04, 04:18 PM
Twistedhed

Did this work? Do this again, Dr. X,,,I'd like to get on and say hello
to my friends up north. Let me know a day or so in advance.

Old November 9th 04, 05:01 PM
Dr.X

"Twistedhed" wrote in message
Did this work? Do this again, Dr. X,,,I'd like to get on and say hello
to my friends up north. Let me know a day or so in advance.

It worked very well. I want to tweak it a little though. I don't know how
many listeners it takes to bring it down. It was set at a high quality so I
can picture serious lag if a lot of people connect. I'll lower it a little
and see if I can get several people to log on at once. This will give us a
better picture of quality vs. number of simultaneous connections. I'll let
you know when. I'm sure we'll be doing more testing tonight and over the
next few days if we have time.

-Dr.X

Old November 9th 04, 09:00 PM
Steveo

"Dr.X" wrote:
"Twistedhed" wrote in message
Did this work? Do this again, Dr. X,,,I'd like to get on and say hello
to my friends up north. Let me know a day or so in advance.

It worked very well. I want to tweak it a little though. I don't know how
many listeners it takes to bring it down. It was set at a high quality so
I can picture serious lag if a lot of people connect. I'll lower it a
little and see if I can get several people to log on at once. This will
give us a better picture of quality vs. number of simultaneous
connections. I'll let you know when. I'm sure we'll be doing more testing
tonight and over the next few days if we have time.

-Dr.X

Yea it came in really well over here last night, the channel was a little
bit quiet when I tuned in but I can see where that might be fun to listen
to at times. Especially if Twist is gonna holler at us.

Station on the side Twist, we can create our own conditions now via
the Dr.X network.
Old November 10th 04, 01:01 AM
Dr.X

"Steveo" wrote in message
"Dr.X" wrote:
[...]

ok, tonight's test is at 20kbs located at mms//24.28.51.42:27355 in windows
media player

-Dr.X

Old November 10th 04, 01:27 AM
Dr.X

[...]