Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 8th 04, 05:12 PM
Keith Hosman KC8TCQ

Default OT- avoiding the flu

Gee, and to think I spend $20.00 to get the flu shot!

That second approach....I think they are on to something...

How to avoid the flu.

Eat right! Make sure you get your daily dose of fruits and veggies.
Take your vitamins and bump up your vitamin c.
Get plenty of exercise because exercise helps build your immune
system.
Walk for at least hour a day, go for a swim, take the stairs instead
of the elevator, etc.
Wash your hands often. If you can't wash them, keep a bottle of
antibacterial stuff around.
Get lots of fresh air. Open windows whenever possible.
Get plenty of rest.
Try to eliminate as much stress from your life as you can.

OR ... You can take the doctors office approach. Think about it,
when
you go for a shot, what do they do first? Clean your arm with alcohol. Why?
Because alcohol kills germs. So......

I walk to the liquor store (exercise), I put lime in my Corona
(fruit), celery in my Bloody Mary (veggies), drink on the bar patio (fresh
air), get
drunk, tell jokes, and laugh (eliminate stress) and then pass out (rest).
The
way I see it, if you keep your alcohol levels up flu germs can't get you!!!!