Old January 21st 05, 01:58 AM
Chad Wahls

Vinnie S. wrote:
On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 11:39:05 -0600, "Chad Wahls"

wrote:

"Vinnie S." wrote in message
.. .
On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 11:37:37 -0500, Dave Hall

wrote:

Did you buy some bury-flex yet?

No yet. I have to wait til spring. The ground is frozen. In the mean

time, I
will set up a 6 foot firetstik which is electrically 5/8 wave, and

set up a
ground plane using 9 foot wires. Just until it warms up.

Vinnie S.

Watch ebay, I got 100' for 1/2 the price. It was labled "used" but did
not even have the jacket marked up, just had 2 connectors installed.
If you have some time then keep your eyes open, you may come across a
deal! good luck!

Chad

Old January 21st 05, 02:40 AM
moparholic

Maybe Frankie will just drop dead from AIDS.

Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 120,000 groups
Unlimited download
Old January 21st 05, 02:53 AM
Steveo

Hey Doug, I talked to the guy at the International Boxing Club in Toledo.

He told me I can buy some ring time, right down the street from you.

The address is:

615 Front St
Toledo, OH 43605

That's real close to your house.

Let's settle this thing with the gloves on, and a ref.

What say?

At least you'll have a chance to throw the towel this way.

(save your gay remarks)
Old January 21st 05, 04:20 AM
Steveo

Vinnie S. wrote:
No yet. I have to wait til spring. The ground is frozen.

Your grand-dad could dig it. g
Old January 21st 05, 05:23 AM
Steveo

"Landshark" wrote:
"Frank Gilliland" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 14:42:57 GMT, "Landshark"
wrote in :

snip
One thing I've seen about Frank as of late, he doesn't
seem to let his emotions do his talking.

Good thing I wasn't drinking Tequila last night.

LOL!! Haven't drank much of anything for a couple of
months now, Christmas just about killed me in funds
so new kegs were out of the question.

You buy to-killya by the keg!?

Old January 23rd 05, 03:17 PM
Landshark

wrote in :

snip
One thing I've seen about Frank as of late, he doesn't
seem to let his emotions do his talking.

Good thing I wasn't drinking Tequila last night.

LOL!! Haven't drank much of anything for a couple of
months now, Christmas just about killed me in funds
so new kegs were out of the question.

You buy to-killya by the keg!?

LOL!! Not hardly, nore allong the lines of BEER!!

Landshark

Old January 24th 05, 03:05 AM
Keith Hosman KC8TCQ

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 01:46:56 GMT, SideBand wrote:

itoldyouiamnotiamnotgeorge wrote:
SideBand wrote in news:jqhHd.16384$_X7.6881
@newssvr33.news.prodigy.com:

itoldyouiamnotiamnotgeorge wrote:

Tone Squelch -Is a generic name for many "Sub-audible tone systems".

Don't you mean CTCSS?

No

Tone Squelch -Is a generic name for many "Sub-audible tone systems". The
principle is that a receiver will not allow any audio to be routed to the
speaker unless it is accompanied by the appropriate sub-audible tone.
(Also see: CTCSS, ETS & PL)

CTCSS - "Continuous Tone Coded Squelch System" CTCSS is a series of
sub-audible tones which are standard on most new radios. An audible
cousin
of CTCSS is DTMF. These tones often perform control functions. Some
repeaters may require a sub-audible tone before activating, others use it
to perform functions such as turning all trunks on and off when a
specific tone is present. (Also see: Tone Squelch, ETS & PL)

ETS - "Electronic Tone Squelch" is the Canadian Marconi Company version
of
tone squelch. ETS is a series of sub-audible tones which has the ability
of performing control functions. (Also see, Tone Squelch, CTCSS & PL.)

Do I need to point it out? Am I the only one that sees it?

According to your first "definition" up there, Sub-Audible Tone System
(SATS) = CTCSS = PL.

In fact, all of my ICOM and Alinco manuals equate PL with CTCSS and
define them with the same definition you attribute to SATS.

Or were you confusing CTCSS with DTS?

PL is the Motorola copyrighted name for CTCS is stands for Private
Line. CTCS, PL, ETS are all the same thing.
Old January 24th 05, 03:14 AM
Keith Hosman KC8TCQ

On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 22:05:33 -0500, Keith Hosman KC8TCQ
wrote:

snip

PL is the Motorola copyrighted name for CTCS is stands for Private
Line. CTCS, PL, ETS are all the same thing.

sorry i hadn't read the post were you said that already
Old January 24th 05, 03:30 AM
Steveo

Keith Hosman KC8TCQ wrote:
On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 22:05:33 -0500, Keith Hosman KC8TCQ
wrote:

snip

PL is the Motorola copyrighted name for CTCS is stands for Private
Line. CTCS, PL, ETS are all the same thing.

sorry i hadn't read the post were you said that already

Glad to see you're back, how'd it go up there?