Old February 4th 05, 11:16 PM
Gactimus

Default America's public image

How do you think we could improve this ? Does America need better
marketing ? Or could it be that our universal unpopularity has
something to do with the way we conduct ourselves in international
affairs ?

Personally speaking, I believe it is all down to the marketing...
Old February 5th 05, 06:15 AM
Paul Johnson

Gactimus wrote:

How do you think we could improve this ? Does America need better
marketing ? Or could it be that our universal unpopularity has
something to do with the way we conduct ourselves in international
affairs ?

Personally speaking, I believe it is all down to the marketing...

I think it comes down to the way Americans present themselves to the world,
and not anything marketing can fix.

--
Paul Johnson

http://ursine.ca/~baloo/
Old February 6th 05, 03:42 AM
JAMES HAMPTON

"Gactimus" wrote in message
om...
How do you think we could improve this ? Does America need better
marketing ? Or could it be that our universal unpopularity has
something to do with the way we conduct ourselves in international
affairs ?

Personally speaking, I believe it is all down to the marketing...

Ah, yes. We should all buy cute little umbrellas like Michael Jackson has
and then we will be admired throughout the world. VBG

Best regards from Rochester, NY
Jim

Old February 6th 05, 06:12 PM
Jeff Mayner

Gactimus wrote:
How do you think we could improve this ? Does America need better
marketing ? Or could it be that our universal unpopularity has
something to do with the way we conduct ourselves in international
affairs ?

Personally speaking, I believe it is all down to the marketing...

Another freaking troll.

Jeff

Old February 8th 05, 01:50 PM
jim

snip the bollox

And that's why so,, many people hate Yanks with a passion. I don't hate
Yanks, but I hate your government and the way the US military operates, it's
caused more allied deaths than anything else, terrosits included, since
1901.

the american gov is the people. you hate the gov you therefore hate the
people. doesn't work both ways.
go subjugate some aborigines ya tosser...

Old February 10th 05, 04:39 PM
Dave Hall

On Wed, 09 Feb 2005 02:19:43 GMT, "Ashley VK3HAG"
wrote:

See, we don't worship our politicans like you lot in the US. Watching the
recent US elections and ours at the same time, yours was a like a rock
concert tour across the country, our's saw the PM travel the country, get
egged, spat on, punched and was followed everywhere by a guy in a chicken
suit giving him crap, the National News played this daily at 6pm-what a
laugh . Only the guy that punched the PM was fined $500. (I bet if you did
that to Bush the SS would kill you!)

You lot go out and 'campaign' for your preffered party, we just turn up and
vote, sometimes.

Here's my example: Richie Cunningham (Ron Howard) went campaigning in "Happy
Days" for I forget which party, but the one his Dad didn't like. He was a
school kid campaigning for a political party and had all these people
helping him.

If I did what Richie did (and what many of you seem to do) my peers would
steal all the flyers, give me a heap of crap and ask me why I am helping a
politician and wasting my time.

Political apathy is a poor excuse for, and in fact leads to becoming
ignorant about what actually goes on and why.

I wouldn't brag about being deliberately not interested in who runs
your government.

Someone once said that those who do not take an active part in
deciding their leaders, deserve who they get.

Dave
"Sandbagger"
http://home.ptd.net/~n3cvj