Old March 25th 05, 02:22 PM
U Know Who

"U Know Who" wrote in message
news
Several people lost their lives here today.

Update:

The total is now 15 dead, and numerous others in area hospitals. Several
still critical.

I was about 2 miles from the explosion when it happened. We don't have
earthquakes here, but the ground shook, walls and windows rattled, and then
of course while wondering what happened, the sound wave hit. Living in this
area for as long as I have, this is the worst explosion/accident I've
experienced. When I went outside and looked toward the plant, what I saw
amazed me; there was a Hiroshima looking mushroom cloud climbing into the
sky with flames rolling the entire height. And I don't mean just from the
ground...the cloud had fire in it. It was at that point I realized loss of
life was inevitable.

As far as damage outside the plant, mostly just blown out windows that faced
the plant. Most within a mile or so, but some as far as 7 miles away over
open terrain.

Radio call letters: What do they mean? Mike Terry Broadcasting 34 March 7th 05 03:47 AM
For sale: Partial interest in LPTV. East coast beach resort city. Meyer Gottesman Broadcasting 0 December 19th 04 11:59 PM
Base Closures N8KDV Shortwave 10 January 20th 04 01:39 AM
For sale: Part ownership in large TX city 1 KW fulltime AM. Meyer Gottesman Broadcasting 0 January 4th 04 11:04 PM