Old April 6th 05, 01:07 PM
Frank Gilliland

On Mon, 04 Apr 2005 21:39:20 -0400, jim wrote
in :

Frank Gilliland wrote:

On Mon, 04 Apr 2005 19:20:17 -0500, landsharkdeepthroatsmen
wrote in
:

Frank Gilliland wrote in
:

On Mon, 04 Apr 2005 17:53:15 -0400, Vinnie the Helpless Ham
wrote:

snip

Which one would be better?

http://www.bencher.com/pdf_download.html

Scroll down to "Tech Notes" at the bottom.

He don't like you Frank, your in his Killfile. He won't see your message
unless he is like Landshark and has a imaginary kill file.

It's clear that Vinnie avoids both confrontation and education. But I
didn't post the link for his benefit. I posted it because others might
have the same or similar questions -- people who want to actually
learn something so they don't need someone to hold their hand while
installing an antenna.

that was a smack at him frank. his posts concerning his newfound amateur
status was actually what this board is all about. Never mind its about
an amatuer question but rather radio in general. He doesn't like you and
the above post butresses his point. You are sounding like Eitner who is
acidic also.

Why should I be nice? I -was- nice. We have had civil converstations,
and I even gave him enough info to install the antenna in his attic,
which apparently worked quite well. Then he stuck his finger into the
political lion cage and turned into a sniveling crybaby after getting
scratched.

As for being a general-class amateur, there are literally hundreds of
hammie websites that cover nothing but antennas, not to mention the
ARRL manual. If he's so serious about radio, why beg a CB group for
info on how to install a prefab antenna? J.H.F.C, how did he pass the
exam without knowing a few antenna fundamentals? And if part of the
hobby is to learn about radio comm, why ask a CB group for tech info
when there are countless resources available for hams? Isn't anyone
elmering the kid?

Old April 6th 05, 01:52 PM
Vinnie S.

On Tue, 5 Apr 2005 22:26:51 -0700, "Jeff Mayner" wrote:

His post got piggy backed. What can I say about him. I could give two
****s about him. I have clearly moved him though. He can't avoid me.

As far as education, Frank's parents clearly educated him in manner.
o, I will not use his advice, because his education is the type that
is of no use.

Vinnie S.

Hey Vinnie, if you kill file someone it means you don't read the
thread they wrote or any piggy back posts otherwise they arent
killfiled and you look like a big dick like Landshark does.

Using someone else's name and you call him a big dick?

lol...

Pathetic. I'll bet you go to google and re-read all your stupid little
posts, don't you? Here's an idea: just google "asshole cocksucker" and I'll
bet you'll see all your posts.

He is a fool. He has no clue what a kill file is.

Vinnie S.
Old April 6th 05, 02:53 PM
Chad Wahls

"Dave Hall" wrote in message
On Tue, 5 Apr 2005 08:43:41 -0500, "Chad Wahls"
wrote:

The Imax is actually longer than 5/8 wave. Like .64 wave.

Not to be a smart ass or anything, but if you convert .64 into its
fractional equivalent, what do you get?

Dave
"Sandbagger"
http://home.ptd.net/~n3cvj

..625 making the Imax longer than 5/8 wave. I know I know. Close enough.

Chad

Old April 6th 05, 03:28 PM
I AmnotGeorgeBush

From: (jim)
wrote:
snip
(Which one would be better?)

http://www.bencher.com/pdf_download.html

Scroll down to "Tech Notes" at the bottom.

(He don't like you Frank, your in his Killfile. He won't see your
message unless he is like Landshark and has a imaginary kill file.)

It's clear that Vinnie avoids both confrontation

and education. But I didn't post the link for his

benefit. I posted it because others might have

the same or similar questions -- people who

want to actually learn something so they don't

need someone to hold their hand while

installing an antenna.

(that was a smack at him frank. )

Come on, Jim. Vinny takes his own "smacks" at people, unprovoked. If
you're gonna take one to task for "smacking" him, apply it evenly across
the board and direct the proper redress.

(his posts concerning his newfound amateur status was actually what this
board is all about. Never mind its about an amatuer question but rather
radio in general. He doesn't like you and the above post butresses his
point.)

Yet, Vinny expresses his own likes and dislikes in the same manner for
which you are chastising Frank. Vinny's personal dislikes and likes are
not any one elses problems except his own, yet he continues to foster
them upon the group by
redundantly invoking his imaginary killfile, fronting off by name those
he "includes" in such, yet, unyieldingly while not surprisingly, is
unable to control his actions. This is illustrated by him replying
indirectly to those he claims are killfiled, by incorrectly claiming he
reads their posts when they are quoted by another.
You usually are pretty ambivalent about getting involved in the ****ing
matches, but when you decide to do so, ignoring Vinny's unprovoked
attacks and illustrating others he is involved with, takes away from
your objectivity.

Old April 6th 05, 03:38 PM
I AmnotGeorgeBush

From: (Landshark)
"Frank Gilliland" wrote in message
news On Mon, 04 Apr 2005 19:20:17 -0500, landsharkdeepthroatsmen
wrote in
:
Frank Gilliland wrote in
:
On Mon, 04 Apr 2005 17:53:15 -0400, Vinnie the Helpless Ham
wrote:
snip
=A0=A0=A0=A0Vinnie's not a bad guy Frank,

So I used to think as well, until he lost personal control.
You saying he is not a bad guy is akin of me saying the same thing about
Geo regarding his attacks on you, the nature of such unprovoked attacks
notwithstanding. Did you miss Vinny
blowing of his top? The guy came apart over a typo that had nothing to
do with him...perhaps that was his malfunction for the day, but it shows
the guy's true self and how he was moved by a simple posting of a url.
Maybe if it was you he attacked for no reason other than incompetence
and inability to control his nasty nature, you would view things
differently, such as you do with Geo.

you two

should talk more radio, you'll probably find a

lot more in common. Now Geo I see is still

obsessed with me and male sex........pretty

sad.

Now,,I invoke to you the same exact reasoning you use for many of your
complaints with Geo,,,,why would one attack another for no reason? Ask
Vinny,,,he employed this exact tactic. Geo is no more obsessed with
anything than Vinny is by continually speaking of his imaginary
killfile. Thing is..Frank admitted many times what he is about,,Vinny
has a weird penchant for camoflauge.

Old April 6th 05, 03:40 PM
I AmnotGeorgeBush

From: (Vinnie=A0S.)
OK, I purchased the Imax-2000 which is a 5/8 wave antenna. There are 2
options for a ground plane kit:
1. First is a four fiberglass 6 foot radials, angled down (appears 45
degrees), as seen he
http://www.durhamradio.com/s/custome...D42819&cat=3D=
1684&page=3D1
2. This is another kit. It has four aluminum 7 foot radials. This is
horizontal, and not angeled, as seen he
http://www.majestic-comm.com/product...rsupply/Boomer
Which one would be better?
Vinnie S.
_
Ground plane kits for fiberglass antennas are designed to only relieve
your wallet.

Old April 6th 05, 03:45 PM
I AmnotGeorgeBush

From: (Vinnie=A0S.)
On Tue, 05 Apr 2005 03:27:58 GMT, "Landshark"
wrote:
s" at the bottom.
(=A0=A0=A0=A0Vinnie's not a bad guy Frank, you two should talk more
radio, you'll probably find a lot more in common. Now Geo I see is still
obsessed with me and male sex........pretty sad.)

No chance. We habe nothing in common.

Frank thrives on being an asshole. This post is
a case in point. He could have simply just

posted a link. But that is not his style. He has

to be condescending, belittling, etc. And one

thing is a common. His posts always contains

a slap at your education, and plugs his own

education. That smells of some type of

inferiority complex. And he constantly points to
Dave in comparison.

Not as much as you reference him.

One thin is for sure,

Dave would have never answered this post in

that manner.

You are either incomptent or a liar and it's high time you are called on
such. The archives are chock full of Hall attacking people unprovoked
and calling names and getting personal with people and it begins with
his posting history, long before many of us ever arrived and taught him,
and you, better.

Like I said before. I don't he went from being

an engineer to bartender, because of choice.

It was because he can't get along with people,
and was sent packing. He is a petty,

miserable, fat old man.

Vinnie S.

Classic. That's the real Vinny, there. Illustrate how personal attacks
are useless, then reduce yourself to same level. Kind of reeks of an
inferiority complex.