Old April 8th 05, 12:29 AM
Frank Gilliland

On 07 Apr 2005 23:24:31 GMT, Steveo wrote in
:

Frank Gilliland wrote:
On Thu, 07 Apr 2005 23:05:18 GMT, Lancer wrote in
. com:

On Thu, 07 Apr 2005 15:46:04 -0700, Frank Gilliland
wrote:

On Thu, 07 Apr 2005 22:30:19 GMT, Lancer wrote in
s.com:

snip
I have a couple of 33' phased verticals he can take a picture of...

Really? That sounds cool. What freq, and what's the spacing and phase
angle? Got a pic?

They are spaced 90 degrees, (34 feet)

Were you going for the null or the lobe?

Equal lengths of RG-8 running
to the house. I change the phasing by swapping coax loops in the
house.

Have you checked the broadside gain while running them in-phase?

I made them from 19' sections of chain link top rail with some
scrap tv antenna masts

Those fence pipes sure do come in handy. I have two masts up right now
using them, one of them for my lowfer rig. Pretty hard to beat for the
price!

I use them for a flag pole for my Nascar flags at the race..easy set-up
and tear down..handy!

I'm thinking of making a grill-guard for the truck with them. Some
idiot took out my roo-guard last month -- that brings my "hit count"
to 17, not including the garage. Do people drive that bad in Ohio?

Old April 8th 05, 12:32 AM
Steveo

wrote:

[...]

I suppose they drive like that everyplace..it's a matter of being in
the wrong place at the wrong time, or your truck is a magnet. I have
one of those too.
Old April 8th 05, 12:44 AM
Frank Gilliland

On 07 Apr 2005 23:32:45 GMT, Steveo wrote in
:

snip
I suppose they drive like that everyplace..it's a matter of being in
the wrong place at the wrong time, or your truck is a magnet. I have
one of those too.

I think -I'm- the magnet. The Dart I drove in college was hit 5 times,
the LTD got hit twice before it was totalled, the S-15 was rear-ended
by an ambulance, the LeBaron was hit three times in two weeks, etc.
I've had the S-10 for two years and it's been hit twice -- both times
while it was parked! All in Spokane. Fortunately, I've only been hit
once when I had a passenger, and that was the ambulance wreck so at
least there was help available if someone got hurt.

Ok, I'm stepping off the soap box now.....

Old April 8th 05, 01:03 AM
jim

Frank Gilliland wrote:

On 07 Apr 2005 23:32:45 GMT, Steveo wrote in
:

snip

I suppose they drive like that everyplace..it's a matter of being in
the wrong place at the wrong time, or your truck is a magnet. I have
one of those too.

I think -I'm- the magnet. The Dart I drove in college was hit 5 times,
the LTD got hit twice before it was totalled, the S-15 was rear-ended
by an ambulance, the LeBaron was hit three times in two weeks, etc.
I've had the S-10 for two years and it's been hit twice -- both times
while it was parked! All in Spokane. Fortunately, I've only been hit
once when I had a passenger, and that was the ambulance wreck so at
least there was help available if someone got hurt.

Ok, I'm stepping off the soap box now.....

got hit by a beer distributor saleswoman (go figure) and enjoyed the
bennies of not reporting it hehehe
Old April 8th 05, 01:15 AM
Steveo

News==---- http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the
World! 120,000+ Newsgroups ----= East and West-Coast Server Farms -
Total Privacy via Encryption =----

got hit by a beer distributor saleswoman (go figure) and enjoyed the
bennies of not reporting it hehehe

Ha! I knew one of those that drove her Bud van right thru the front
of a shot and beer bar. Too much sampling the product.

Old April 8th 05, 01:20 AM
jim

Steveo wrote:

jim wrote:

Frank Gilliland wrote:

[...]

hey bud so bristol was almost a wash with all the rain eh? good race.
Old April 8th 05, 01:24 AM
Steveo

jim wrote:
Steveo wrote:

jim wrote:

Frank Gilliland wrote:

[...]

Yea, Saturday was downright miserable, it went down below freezing at
night too but the furnace did the trick. That's a long camper haul up
and down those hills they call mountains in Virginia and W Virginia..

That place is killer!
Old April 8th 05, 01:13 AM
Steveo

Frank Gilliland wrote:
On 07 Apr 2005 23:32:45 GMT, Steveo wrote in
:

snip
I suppose they drive like that everyplace..it's a matter of being in
the wrong place at the wrong time, or your truck is a magnet. I have
one of those too.

I think -I'm- the magnet. The Dart I drove in college was hit 5 times,
the LTD got hit twice before it was totalled, the S-15 was rear-ended
by an ambulance, the LeBaron was hit three times in two weeks, etc.
I've had the S-10 for two years and it's been hit twice -- both times
while it was parked! All in Spokane. Fortunately, I've only been hit
once when I had a passenger, and that was the ambulance wreck so at
least there was help available if someone got hurt.

Ok, I'm stepping off the soap box now.....

Dang..sounds like you have a bulls-eye painted on you. All you need
now is an ambulance chaser attorney to ride along with you. j/k
Old April 8th 05, 06:28 PM
Dave Hall

On Thu, 07 Apr 2005 16:44:59 -0700, Frank Gilliland
wrote:

On 07 Apr 2005 23:32:45 GMT, Steveo wrote in
:

snip
I suppose they drive like that everyplace..it's a matter of being in
the wrong place at the wrong time, or your truck is a magnet. I have
one of those too.

I think -I'm- the magnet. The Dart I drove in college was hit 5 times,
the LTD got hit twice before it was totalled, the S-15 was rear-ended
by an ambulance, the LeBaron was hit three times in two weeks, etc.
I've had the S-10 for two years and it's been hit twice -- both times
while it was parked! All in Spokane. Fortunately, I've only been hit
once when I had a passenger, and that was the ambulance wreck so at
least there was help available if someone got hurt.

There's something cosmic about that. I've had 2 major accidents in my
whole life, and both were in the same car. Neither were my fault.

Dave
"Sandbagger"
http://home.ptd.net/~n3cvj
Old April 9th 05, 02:27 AM
Frank Gilliland

wrote:

[...]

Nothing is ever your fault, Dave. We discussed this problem in your
last therapy session.