Old April 19th 05, 08:29 PM
T.B. Parks

Default Cb Radio problems

My neighbor installed a CB radio antenna and now I am picking up his
conversations via my computer speakers and answering machine. This has
gotten to be a really big problem for me and my family. It even
interferes with our fire radios.

Can anyone tell me why this is happening and how to fix it. (Short of
going over and cutting the wires!?)

Thanks in advance,

Jade

Old April 19th 05, 09:54 PM
John Smith

Drop a .001 capacitor across the two wire of the phone line (red and green)
at each jack, this should eliminate the rf on the phone, maybe cure the
computer speakers (if the rf is comming through the phone jack to the
modem.)
What is a "fire radio" ?????

Regards,
John

oups.com...

Old April 19th 05, 11:01 PM
Jade

John Smith submitted this idea :
What is a "fire radio" ?????

Sorry about that. DH is a Vol. Fireman. and the radio is what they
use.

Jade

--
This is an automatic signature of MesNews.
Site : http://www.mesnews.net

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0516-2, 04/19/2005
Tested on: 4/19/2005 6:01:54 PM

Old April 20th 05, 03:25 PM

It is the responsibilty of the CB'er to get rid of the interference,
especially interference (if it is a) on a commercial "fire" radio.
Sounds to me that the CB'er does not have proper grounding or his
antenna is too low.

Old April 20th 05, 11:24 PM
John

What the hell does grounding have to do with interference, Antenna to low?
hell put it up 300 feet high this should help.
I bet he is using POWER, dam CBer.
Better yet get yourself a CB and put up a antenna , I bet he gives up as his
receiver will be overloaded with your radio. Fight fire with fire as you
know.

ups.com...

Old April 21st 05, 05:31 PM
Kevin, WB5RUE

"John" wrote in message
What the hell does grounding have to do with interference, Antenna to low?
hell put it up 300 feet high this should help.
I bet he is using POWER, dam CBer.
Better yet get yourself a CB and put up a antenna , I bet he gives up as

his
receiver will be overloaded with your radio. Fight fire with fire as you
know.

wrote in message
ups.com...
It is the responsibilty of the CB'er to get rid of the interference,
especially interference (if it is a) on a commercial "fire" radio.
Sounds to me that the CB'er does not have proper grounding or his
antenna is too low.

It's more likely that the fire receiver and/or computer is not properly
grounded. However it still isn't your responsibility to fix the problem.
Legal or not it's his responsibility since it's happening to emergency
communication equipment.

Kevin, WB5RUE

Old April 21st 05, 12:03 PM
Steveo

"T.B. Parks" wrote:
My neighbor installed a CB radio antenna and now I am picking up his
conversations via my computer speakers and answering machine. This has
gotten to be a really big problem for me and my family. It even
interferes with our fire radios.

Can anyone tell me why this is happening and how to fix it. (Short of
going over and cutting the wires!?)

Thanks in advance,

Jade

Have you made him aware there is a problem? Maybe he would work with
you to rectify it.