Old April 20th 05, 07:13 AM

Default A question about amateur license examination in the US

"KU2S" wrote in message
news
Strictly speaking, only the General class license requires that the
code test be taken.

Can I blow a VE instead? I hate those beeps.

Angry freebander forging as Leland Scott.
Old April 20th 05, 01:24 PM
Mopey aint too smart

Hey Sissyholic, where you gonna be camping in Dayton?

Old April 20th 05, 07:01 PM

Hey Sissyholic, where you gonna be camping in Dayton?

Hes gonna be HIDING a lot at Dayton.

Word is any illegal cb freebander gear found being
used or sold will be confiscated and the owner fined.
Old April 20th 05, 07:24 PM
Steveo

Hey Sissyholic, where you gonna be camping in Dayton?

Hes gonna be HIDING a lot at Dayton.

Not if I find you and your coward felon boyfriend.

N8WWM wrote:
Imagine, Peepeeholic...Imagine...You come to my place and star some
junk...I put you face down and hurtin extreme, take pics of you laying
there with a bumped up noggin, and post 'em to the NG. I relish you
coming by. I am good in the callbook, just as I told your wife, the
trainedpuppet.
Have not had this much fun since I used to go cuttin' coax and
building jamming oscillators back when I was 16 yrs old.

Doug lays down the law for Dayton. hehehe

wrote:

You wanna rumble? OK, I will. Let's just leave the fest so we don't get
popped.

If you start a rumble, get ready to get the max. Bring it along, I will.

None of you know me by picture, sight, or otherwise. Bring your digicams,
some gayboys are in for a shock.

My wife will be with me or nearby. If you wanna rumble, wait 'til I tell
her what's up so she doesn't freak.

Be forewarned: I like the kinda rumbles where there are cuts and broken
bones. If you have never deliberately broken someones bones, or don't have
the heart to cut, be civil. I have.

http://img115.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img1...sefugly7qn.jpg

Cool. I'm not looking for any of that **** anyway.

Old April 22nd 05, 06:22 AM
John Smith

I suggest you make friends with a ham, and see what you are getting into...
I have been both, freebander/ham. I don't claim to know-it-all.
But, I do know what I seen. Hams are a super-critical bunch. Many (I would
say most) feel themselves rather special. Indeed, they post their ham
licence as if it were a PHd. It is a damn licence to have a hobby radio...
Any ham with even a modicum of a sense of humor will find his way to the CB
bands, at least now and then.
Since they tend to feel themselves special, they end up "control freaks",
attempting to control who gets a license and who does not--they are a picky
bunch--and they may find you lacking to their standards.
Have you ever noticed, you can count the hams on your fingers and toes?
Their conversations remind me much of conversations I overheard as a
youth--at my grandmothers' bridge games...
Like the guy learned who was given three wishes--becareful what you wish
for...

Regards,
John

"Steveo" wrote in message

"KU2S" wrote in message
news Strictly speaking, only the General class license requires that the
code test be taken.

Can I blow a VE instead? I hate those beeps.

Angry freebander

I'm just as happy as can be.

forging as Leland Scott.

Why do you talk about yourself in the third person, Leland? I see you're
still posting late at night after you get good and drunk, Leland.

version of you can handle it's booze better, drunken KC8LDO.

Old April 22nd 05, 06:41 AM
Steveo

"John Smith" wrote:
I suggest you make friends with a ham,

DOH, you mean besides my bench-tech, John Smith?

Old April 22nd 05, 07:02 AM
John Smith

You know, the hams just love to find a fool here, they all laugh about it
and act like all CB'ers/freebanders act the same--I remind "some of
them"--"Only some!"

Regards,
John

Old April 22nd 05, 06:40 PM
Jim Hampton

Hello, Mopar

Well, I see not much has changed LOL.

Frontiernet has a news server so I still don't pay any more. In fact, I am
now paying about $5.00 *less* per month by switching to 3 megabaud DSL.

Mere seconds for Windows updates and less than a second to see all of the
same stuff pouring in from the newsgroups )

Hams? What hams you discussing? Whazzup?

73 from Rochester, NY
Jim