Old April 26th 05, 03:44 AM
John Smith

Err; I have been known to bounce around a bit...

I ain't no musician and don't like 'em much (but like the rock n' roll
music!) And, anyone who taps code and fancies himself a muscian needs a
three-day observation!

I am leery of anything circling this planet (ya never know, may be aliens
whom crawled out of mud puddles!)

I tend to shy away from pseudo-governmental organizations--and the boys who
like to wear the little uniforms, patches, badges and hats and play games...

etc, etc,...

I still like the boy scouts, apple pie, Benjamin Franklin, the miltia--and
wish every town and city had one--complete with radios--etc...

If you think gov't is the answer and it is going to save you--think again...
it will be the same way as when we began this country, there will be a
government which IS the problem... it will be "We the people..." who provide
the cure...

I have something people have forgotten about, faith in my neighbors and
countrymen, and a knowledge of how average men rise to meet great
challenges, undertakings and disasters--again, our nation is a firm lesson
in this--why does everyone keep thinking we are "the great civilization?"
The Romans thought that yanno?

A good lesson is Germany, it was the highly educated who helped Hitler the
most--the doctors, judges, lawyers, etc... carried out his plans... without
them, Hitler was nobody... they thought themselves "special" and
"entitled", thank God they were shown different... it is not my education
which makes me a valuable neighbor--it is my standing on the shoulders of my
forefathers...

If ever we face disaster, it will be more likely for some unheard of wino or
schmuck or just everyday-Joe to rise to meet the occasion than a gov't
entity... but politicians will be there to take the credit, hide the real
heroes, and pick plastic heroes who will support their campaigns... no, it
never changes, it is a vicious circle...

Nothing has changed human nature... only some men have begun to dream in
fantasy colored pictures again, and once again we are in danger...

Regards,
John

"Frank Gilliland" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 16:23:36 -0700, "John Smith"
wrote in
:

Probably true, assuming the person's interest in radio is narrow
enough to fall within the limitations of the CB and/or the freeloader
band.

Hey! You aren't one of those hams which needs a three-day observation,
are
ya?

I don't think so. I would have to get a license first, wouldn't I?

What limitations do the freebanders suffer (other than danger of being
caught and prosecution?)

Ever work EME on the CB/FB? Sat-comm? RACES?

Or, are you claiming they can't read?

Stay coherent here!!!

Speaking of coherent, ever work CCW on the CB/FB?

News==----
Newsgroups
=----

Old April 26th 05, 03:47 AM
Steveo

Vinnie S. wrote:
On 26 Apr 2005 01:42:09 GMT, Steveo wrote:

"John Smith" wrote:
If you look at ham radio it is just un-progressive. If you can't see
that--get new glasses!

Newbie clue: don't be ripping hams here.

Move on.

Hey Moped, I have to delay buying my ham gear. I took the dog to the vet
because of ongoing skin allergies. The blood test was $375. That didn't
include the steroid spray and office visit. Hopefully, they can determine
what the hell he is allegeric to. I didn't have a choice. I have spent a
ton of money on this problem already, and figured rather than relieving
symtoms, I need to find out the cause and stop it.

I am going to try and hang the Imax this weekend, weather permitting.

Vinnie S.

I can cure it for $.30 but you can't have the dog back. j/k

I know how that is, Vin, them moochers come before radio toys.

I spent something like $400 in surgery on my last hound, only
to have the vet tell me there was nothing he could do but put
the dog down...so go in there and say goobye...tears still
come to my eyes while I'm typing this..
Old April 26th 05, 04:16 AM
Vinnie S.

On 26 Apr 2005 02:47:08 GMT, Steveo wrote:

Hey Moped, I have to delay buying my ham gear. I took the dog to the vet
because of ongoing skin allergies. The blood test was $375. That didn't
include the steroid spray and office visit. Hopefully, they can determine
what the hell he is allegeric to. I didn't have a choice. I have spent a
ton of money on this problem already, and figured rather than relieving
symtoms, I need to find out the cause and stop it.

I am going to try and hang the Imax this weekend, weather permitting.

Vinnie S.

I can cure it for $.30 but you can't have the dog back. j/k

I know how that is, Vin, them moochers come before radio toys.

I spent something like $400 in surgery on my last hound, only
to have the vet tell me there was nothing he could do but put
the dog down...so go in there and say goobye...tears still
come to my eyes while I'm typing this..

That's about right. I have no kids yet, so this dog and cat are my kids.
Luckily, it's just skin allergies. This total bill came to $431. But I have
spent money on this before. I just hope they nail the allergy. I read on the
net, that they can be allergic to one of 1,000 things. I think this tests tests
for 100 things.

Vinnie S.
Old April 26th 05, 04:29 AM
Steveo

Vinnie S. wrote:
On 26 Apr 2005 02:47:08 GMT, Steveo wrote:
I think this tests tests for 100 things.

Switch the mut to Ivory soap.
Old April 26th 05, 04:30 AM
Steveo

"John Smith" wrote:
I came and I ain't in a hurry, I brought a lunch...

Then please don't top post so much.

Old April 26th 05, 04:35 AM
Landshark

"Steveo" wrote in message
Frank Gilliland wrote:
On 25 Apr 2005 23:36:02 GMT, Steveo wrote in
:

Frank Gilliland wrote:
On 25 Apr 2005 23:29:59 GMT, Steveo wrote in
Pass the bar rag, Frank. I have some clean up to do.

Spontaneous vomiting? or did you just spill your milk?

None of those. I'm pondering faking a trip with mapquest.

Still sore about that, huh? Oh well.

Not at all. I have trouble with fence straddlers tho.

.......huh?

Never mind it all, Frank. I have no problem with you.

I amz' what I amz'. ($1-popeye)

Give him a spinach shot Frank

Landshark

--
__
o /' )

Old April 26th 05, 04:35 AM
Landshark

"John Smith" wrote:
[...]

That's what I was going to say, when is a Dog
worth to much to save? I have always figured on the
age of the dog, severity of the problem, cost on whether
or not put the dog down.

Landshark

--
The world is good-natured to people
who are good natured.

Old April 26th 05, 04:50 AM
Steveo

"Landshark" wrote:
Give him a spinach shot Frank

__

o /' )
/' ( ,
__/' ) .' `;
o _.-~~~~' ``---..__ .' ;
_.--' b) LANDSHARK ``--...____. .'
( _. )). `-._
`\|\|\|\|)-.....___.- `-. __...--'-.'.
`---......____...---`.___.'----... .' `.;
`-` `

Drown it in Olive oil!
Old April 26th 05, 05:55 AM
John Smith

Oh yeah! I'll get right on that!

John

Old April 26th 05, 07:04 AM
Steveo

"John Smith" wrote:
Oh yeah! I'll get right on that!

John

"Steveo" wrote in message
"John Smith" wrote:
I came and I ain't in a hurry, I brought a lunch...

Then please don't top post so much.

Top poster/sig file test.

--
Well it ain't the first close call I ever had as I'm sure you already know.
I had some help from you Lord and the devil himself, but it's been strictly