Old April 26th 05, 12:36 AM
John

Default CBers

Why is it that every someone see your antenna
or radio the first thing that comes out of their mouths is
IS THAT A CB RADIO, why is that when It might be a Ham radio , stupid
public. I guess it was from the days of Smoky and the bandit movies. There
should be a movie made for Hams then.
Call it PORKY the FAT ASS HAM radio operator.

Old April 26th 05, 12:37 AM
Steveo

"John" wrote:
Why is it that every someone see your antenna
or radio the first thing that comes out of their mouths is
IS THAT A CB RADIO, why is that when It might be a Ham radio

Cuz this is rec.radio.cb
Old April 26th 05, 12:39 AM
Frank Gilliland

On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 18:36:23 -0500, "John" wrote in
:

Why is it that every someone see your antenna
or radio the first thing that comes out of their mouths is
IS THAT A CB RADIO, why is that when It might be a Ham radio , stupid
public. I guess it was from the days of Smoky and the bandit movies. There
should be a movie made for Hams then.
Call it PORKY the FAT ASS HAM radio operator.

"Frequency". He was working a wormhole without a license, but it was
still a cool movie.

Old April 26th 05, 12:45 AM
Frank Gilliland

On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 18:36:23 -0500, "John" wrote in
:

....... There
should be a movie made for Hams then.
Call it PORKY the FAT ASS HAM radio operator.

Oh, you mean like Forest Whitaker in "Phenomenon"?

Old April 26th 05, 12:47 AM
Steveo

Frank Gilliland wrote:
On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 18:36:23 -0500, "John" wrote in
:

....... There
should be a movie made for Hams then.
Call it PORKY the FAT ASS HAM radio operator.

Oh, you mean like Forest Whitaker in "Phenomenon"?

Does too much RF give ya the droop-eye?

Old April 26th 05, 01:08 AM
John Smith

Fact it, they are just as much at the hams throats over antennas and
"comming in over the home stereo."

Just try to run a kilowatt on twenty-meters with a hidden antenna and see
how many still come knocking on your door... how do they know???? grin

Regards,
John

Old April 26th 05, 01:08 AM
Steveo

Lancer wrote:
On 25 Apr 2005 23:37:35 GMT, Steveo wrote:

"John" wrote:
Why is it that every someone see your antenna
or radio the first thing that comes out of their mouths is
IS THAT A CB RADIO, why is that when It might be a Ham radio

Cuz this is rec.radio.cb

Maybe he has a "Barney Phife" antenna?

Like the 108" tree pruner on the back of the squad car?
Old April 26th 05, 01:25 AM
Steveo

Lancer wrote:

"John" wrote:
Why is it that every someone see your antenna
or radio the first thing that comes out of their mouths is
IS THAT A CB RADIO, why is that when It might be a Ham radio

Cuz this is rec.radio.cb

Maybe he has a "Barney Phife" antenna?

Like the 108" tree pruner on the back of the squad car?

Yes, That was something I'll always remember about that show..

Begs the question, do you still have an operational one? (i do) I only
bolt it on for rare occasions tho. I got it from Dave and Debbie.
Old April 26th 05, 02:03 AM
jim

"John" wrote:

Why is it that every someone see your antenna
or radio the first thing that comes out of their mouths is
IS THAT A CB RADIO, why is that when It might be a Ham radio

Cuz this is rec.radio.cb

Maybe he has a "Barney Phife" antenna?

Like the 108" tree pruner on the back of the squad car?

Yes, That was something I'll always remember about that show..

Begs the question, do you still have an operational one? (i do) I only
bolt it on for rare occasions tho. I got it from Dave and Debbie.

hey steve what ever happened to d squared?
Old April 26th 05, 02:48 AM
Steveo

jim wrote:

"John" wrote:

Why is it that every someone see your antenna
or radio the first thing that comes out of their mouths is
IS THAT A CB RADIO, why is that when It might be a Ham radio

Cuz this is rec.radio.cb

Maybe he has a "Barney Phife" antenna?

Like the 108" tree pruner on the back of the squad car?

Yes, That was something I'll always remember about that show..

Begs the question, do you still have an operational one? (i do) I only
bolt it on for rare occasions tho. I got it from Dave and Debbie.

hey steve what ever happened to d squared?

I wish I knew, Jim. He used to email me quite a bit but he seems to have
disappeared. I hope he's still breathing.