Old May 9th 05, 02:15 PM
cl

Default Cobra 138XLR

Can someone give me a ball park figure on what a Cobra 138XLR in decent
shape with original hand mike, manuals and maybe even the original box -
would be worth? A local widow who used it, is selling out. I'm trying to
find out how much she should be able to expect for it.

Thanks,

cl

Old May 9th 05, 02:46 PM
cl

"cl" wrote in message
o.verio.net...
Can someone give me a ball park figure on what a Cobra 138XLR in decent
shape with original hand mike, manuals and maybe even the original box -
would be worth? A local widow who used it, is selling out. I'm trying to
find out how much she should be able to expect for it.

Thanks,

cl

I've been out of CBs for a while as to buying/selling - can't even remember
all the makes and models as I once was able to. I looked up the 138 XLR on
E-Bay of which there are two of. This lady's radio is a "BASE" radio, not
mobile. Maybe the 139???? She said it was a Cobra XLR 40 channel side-band
set. "I" didn't see the radio - she called me on the phone about it - also
suggested a 138. Due to age, probably got a number wrong. It is boxed up
from what she had said. Sorry for confusion.

cl

Old May 9th 05, 03:45 PM
Sir_Oblivion

Cobra 138XLR if I recall correctly used the 858 chip. Easy to modify but has
to be at least twenty-five years old from my estimation. I wouldn't pay more
than $25-$30.

o.verio.net...

Old May 9th 05, 04:28 PM

i bought two old johnson messagers 250 plus an 135xlr the johnson work
fine but the cobra is off freq all for 50$ my 2 cents worth

Old May 10th 05, 12:57 AM
Vinnie S.

On Mon, 9 May 2005 09:15:39 -0400, "cl" wrote:

Can someone give me a ball park figure on what a Cobra 138XLR in decent
shape with original hand mike, manuals and maybe even the original box -
would be worth? A local widow who used it, is selling out. I'm trying to
find out how much she should be able to expect for it.

Thanks,

cl

Looks like they get a nice penny:

http://search-completed.ebay.com/cob...Z1QQsofocusZso

Vinnie S.

Old May 10th 05, 01:08 AM
Steveo

Vinnie S. wrote:
On Mon, 9 May 2005 09:15:39 -0400, "cl" wrote:

Can someone give me a ball park figure on what a Cobra 138XLR in decent
shape with original hand mike, manuals and maybe even the original box -
would be worth? A local widow who used it, is selling out. I'm trying to
find out how much she should be able to expect for it.

Thanks,

cl

Looks like they get a nice penny:

http://search-completed.ebay.com/cob...oactionZcompar
eQQcoentrypageZsearchQQcopagenumZ1QQfisZ2QQfposZ08 085QQfromZR10QQfsooZ1QQ
fsopZ1QQftrtZ1QQftrvZ1QQsacatZQ2d1QQsadisZ200QQsar gnZQ2d1QQsaslcZ2QQsbrft
ogZ1QQsofocusZso

Vinnie S.

Hey Enzo, didja get my voice-mail?
Old May 10th 05, 02:16 AM
Vinnie S.

On 10 May 2005 00:08:46 GMT, Steveo wrote:

Vinnie S. wrote:
On Mon, 9 May 2005 09:15:39 -0400, "cl" wrote:

Can someone give me a ball park figure on what a Cobra 138XLR in decent
shape with original hand mike, manuals and maybe even the original box -
would be worth? A local widow who used it, is selling out. I'm trying to
find out how much she should be able to expect for it.

Thanks,

cl

Looks like they get a nice penny:

http://search-completed.ebay.com/cob...oactionZcompar
eQQcoentrypageZsearchQQcopagenumZ1QQfisZ2QQfposZ08 085QQfromZR10QQfsooZ1QQ
fsopZ1QQftrtZ1QQftrvZ1QQsacatZQ2d1QQsadisZ200QQsar gnZQ2d1QQsaslcZ2QQsbrft
ogZ1QQsofocusZso

Vinnie S.

Hey Enzo, didja get my voice-mail?

No. When did you call? I called you yesterday. I am going to try and finish it
tomorrow.

Vinnie S.
Old May 10th 05, 02:44 AM
Steveo

http://search-completed.ebay.com/cob...QQcoactionZcom
par
eQQcoentrypageZsearchQQcopagenumZ1QQfisZ2QQfposZ08 085QQfromZR10QQfsooZ
1QQ
fsopZ1QQftrtZ1QQftrvZ1QQsacatZQ2d1QQsadisZ200QQsar gnZQ2d1QQsaslcZ2QQsb
rft ogZ1QQsofocusZso

Vinnie S.

Hey Enzo, didja get my voice-mail?

No. When did you call? I called you yesterday. I am going to try and
finish it tomorrow.

Maybe I called your cell, it was an hour or so ago. Did you leave a
message when you called me?
Old May 10th 05, 02:51 AM
Steveo

itoldyouiamnotiamnotgeorge
wrote:
Hey steveo perhaps you can give me some ideas and pointers for pic's of

enzo's antenna farm/house. .

Why can't you make it to Dayton, Chris?
Old May 10th 05, 04:01 AM
Landshark

wrote:
Hey steveo perhaps you can give me some ideas and pointers for pic's of

enzo's antenna farm/house. .

Why can't you make it to Dayton, Chris?

Not enough money for bus fare (grin)

Landshark

--
__
o /' )

FS: New Cobra 90 LTD Base Station Mike CB 0 November 1st 04 11:02 PM
Cobra 25 WX LTD Classic mic squeal Chris CB 3 June 26th 04 08:26 PM
Cobra AT-35 antenna power Chris CB 3 April 15th 04 09:26 PM
Cobra 18 WX ST II vs. Cobra 75 WX ST All-in-handset -numbskull CB 0 December 13th 03 05:01 AM