Old May 25th 05, 12:40 AM
Steveo

"Dan/W4NTI" wrote:
"KØHB" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Dan/W4NTI" wrote

Our club group built a 3 element 160 meter yagi out of steel beer cans
for a Field Day one year.

Hey Dan,

Do you know how to tell the difference between a fairy-tale and a
sea-story?

Scroll down

A fairy-tale starts out --- "Once upon a time....."

A sea-story starts out --- "Now this is no ****....."

dit dit

73, de Hans, K0HB

Wow Hans, thats the same way in the Army and Air Force. The Marines
believe anything.....just kidding.

Dan/W4NTI

This looks like submarine duty down here.
Old May 25th 05, 01:12 AM
Steveo

"John Smith" wrote:
Hmmm, I could record a long QSO on cw and play it for the truckers...
give 'em something to appreciate... grin

So the hams didn't feel left, could record the truckers and play that for
them... evil'er grin

Warmest regards,
John

"Steveo" wrote in message
Cmd Buzz Corey wrote:
John Smith wrote:
Dan:

You will never find me using cw...

Well, you don't need it on CB.

It's been done, JJ.

You can eat **** and die too for all I care, you top posting freak.
Old May 25th 05, 01:22 AM
John Smith

Steveo:

You name is almost as cute as a girls, you sound gay... there is nothing
wrong with gay people yanno, but better if you stay with your own kind...
grin

Top posters bother gays yanno...

Warmest regards,
John

Old May 25th 05, 03:10 AM
Steveo

"Steveo" wrote in message
Cmd Buzz Corey wrote:
John Smith wrote:
Dan:

You will never find me using cw...

Well, you don't need it on CB.

It's been done, JJ.

You can eat **** and die too for all I care, you top posting freak.

-top post corrected-

You name is almost as cute as a girls, you sound gay... there is nothing
wrong with gay people yanno, but better if you stay with your own kind...
grin

Top posters bother gays yanno...

Warmest regards,
John

Oh calling CBer's gay is a new approach, ****stick. I'm done reading
yore tripe. -buh bye-
Old May 25th 05, 03:21 AM
John Smith

Hey, it is ok to be gay, you can't help it (true you did come into the world
defecating a size one, and now a size eleven--EWWWWWWWWWW!)... don't go away
mad, just go away... grin

Warmest regards,
John

Old May 25th 05, 06:08 AM
Landshark

"Jim Hampton" wrote in message

hope they enjoy my tunes:

LOL!!!, the 60's 70 are over big guy

1) Washington Post March
2) Anchors aweigh
3) The Thunderer
4) The Stars and Stripes Forever (my favorite)

I've got others on CDs. From all of the services. Funny, but I have a
feeling that they will be clamoring for "regulation" all of a sudden
)

With all due regards from Rochester, NY
Jim AA2QA

Oh Yeah................ Go to hear from You Jim.

Landshark

Hello, Sharkie

My bad. I meant 700 watt system - not something from the 70s LOL. All
Bose
speakers. A couple hundred watts on the bass alone (and it does shake,
although I keep the volume down).

Good to hear from you too. I'm not really mad, just disappointed that
folks
don't understand the need for regulation. I have a dog and she stays in
the
house for the most part. When I have her out, if she barks more than a
few
times, I bring her in. The neighbors don't need to hear a dog barking for
20 minutes or more.

I know the feeling. I also know, neighbors should work things out rather
than call the police over such trivial things.

Same thing with the stereo system.

Heck, I've made a mistake in the past. Had a party with the Hammond
turned
up pretty well (as well as the Leslies) and the cops showed up. I
apologized and shut it off. Never done that since (and that was 25 years
ago). No biggie; anyone can make a mistake.

Know the feeling I had my cousins out last year, Thursday night and was
out in my backyard 2 minutes past 10, started heading into the house and
they came a running out and said the music was keeping their kid awake. Went
over the next morning, Six pack & bottle of wine in hand as an apology, the
wife says "oh you were keeping me awake". I mean, it's not like I do this
but once every 3 years, show a little patience., I do when they start firing
off fireworks into the air, midweek after
10pm.

73 from Rochester, NY
Jim AA2QA

Landshark

--
Kindness is the language which the deaf
can hear and the blind can see.

Old May 25th 05, 06:19 AM
John Smith

Hmmm, construct a HERF... that'll keep the neighbors busy...

Warmest regards,
John

Old May 25th 05, 12:19 PM

John Smith wrote:
By the ARRL own statistics, ham radio is dying

Well, shrinking, anyway. The total number of US hams is down slightly
from the peak of a few years ago, while the total US population
continues to grow.

But I would note that the shrinkage occurred *after* the
April 2000 reductions in both Morse Code and written
testing for all available license classes. IOW, making
the licenses easier to get in 2000 did not result in
sustained growth.

Looking further back, examine the growth from 1990 or 1991 to
2000. (1990 is when medical waivers made it possible to get
any amateur license with a 5 wpm test, and 1991 is when the
Technician lost its code test. Then compare the growth in that
9 year period to the growth in an equal period of time before
1990 or 1991. You'll find that the overall increase in the '80s
was *greater* than in the '90s.

73 de Jim, N2EY

Old May 25th 05, 02:52 PM
KØHB

wrote

But I would note that the shrinkage occurred *after* the
April 2000 reductions in both Morse Code and written
testing for all available license classes. IOW, making
the licenses easier to get in 2000 did not result in
sustained growth.

Two questions:

1) Is this shrinkage due to...
a. Less new applicants
b. Increased attrition

2) Are easier tests the cause of the shrinkage...
a. Yes
b. No

dit dit
(Note Farnsworth spacing)