Old May 20th 05, 10:25 PM
I AmnotGeorgeBush

Default OT Fishing

Subject: =A0=A0 OT - Fishing Date: =A0=A0 Thu, May 19, 2005, 2:06pm
Group: =A0=A0 rec.radio.cb X-Trace: =A0=A0
sv3-lK1apBvyweuMbsdAPYOKSsP7aCywBc60xJ3iBZ0Ufhbx8pA1OQ OIPd1l4mbsvIUULcANwO=
Y2Edl8vKO!03IABf1St3ofcb5uGb2DtrZyCTg5unSobd57hb9T 1L7/3po+weCBQQ2LphaD/w=3D=
=3D
a copy of ALL headers X-Abuse-and-DMCA-Info: =A0=A0 Otherwise we will be
unable to process your complaint properly X-Postfilter: =A0=A0 1.3.31
On Thu, 19 May 2005 10:27:04 -0400, I AmnotGeorgeBush wrote:
You were right by Lake Okeechobee..

That's where I stayed. I did go downtown to

see the lake. All they had was a small sand

beach and that tee shaped observation pier. I

didn't see much else. Sure doesn't look much

like a tourist area.

It's not. It's a world class fishing destination only. There are also
airboat rides, as you probably know.
_
You should have brought a pole. Those
little canals and offshoots of waterways you saw driving on 710 are
among the best in the country for fishing....that's why you always see
pickups and cars prked in the middle of nowhere on that road.

I'm not really in to fishing but yeah I did see

people doing like you said. What about those,

looks like, canals that run around the lake?

Seems to me they have some kind of levee on
the north side and several dams with spillways
along there. What's that all about?

They built those things around the lake years ago to protect the area
from flooding, but they really screwed up the lake and Everglades in
doing so. Most people think the Everglades is way down at the bottom of
the state, but the truth is the entire area from way up north Fl (St.
Johns River) all the way to the keys is a slow moving mega-river (that
includes dozens and dozens of rivers, bays, estuaries, canals, and
waterways) and part of the Everglades. There is a huge movement to
restore the glades as close as they can to its original condition and it
would include fixing what you recognized immediately (the goofy levees
and dams) around the lake, as well as a bunch of other well intended but
misguided similar projects done years ago by the Army Corp of Engineers.

Old May 21st 05, 02:18 AM
mopathetic is still acting like a wristflipping si

Reduced to talking to AKC'ers since your boyfriend mopey is flouncing
down to Dayton, ay?