Old June 22nd 05, 04:48 AM
Cliff

Default Uniden President Grant - Can more channel be added

The Grant is a 40 channel radio is it not? I wasn't for certain when I
bid on it. Got it for Less than $120.00 with original mic. Picked up
a GE 40channel with a 150 am/usb/lsb amp for less than $140.00. Bought
the GE for the amp to go along with the Uniden President grant. Will
have the GRant expanded later on I think. Not for certain. If it is a
40 channel will probably leave it completely alone. The box shows not
to have been opened but one could steam the tapes off and then
re-attach them. I am going to use this mobile as a base station. I
have an SBE Console II that I was going to have a VFO mounted but I
have less money in the Grant, sepecially if it is a 40 channel radio
than I would by having to send the SBE off to have it worked, tweaked
and peaked upon. I have a Uniden PC 68 Elite am 40 channel only, 7
weather stations that I have in my truck hooked up to twin Tram
Penetrators. It really will walk and talk. It is not putting out too
many watts cause I do have a linear in line but haven't used it but a
couple of times when trying to talk local with it. I have talked from
North Central TX to NC and Tennessee barefooted so I am pleased with
the setup. The CB tech told me that I would be better off by running a
battry cable from my toolbox down to my frame for a good ground. The
box is really wide and deep and has to sit on top of a 2x4 to keep it
from sitting lopsided on the fenderwells in the bed of the pickup.
That is how far back the box goes. Sits about 4inches into the
fenderwell. Bought it for a "trunk" on a car. Will handle tools, tool
boxes and 3 family suitcases in it.

Old June 22nd 05, 05:07 AM
U-Know-Who

"Cliff" wrote in message
[...]