Old July 12th 05, 12:29 PM

Default 476.425 - 477.400 MHz in North America?

Hi All,

I'm planning a holiday in North America in November+December, and
amongst other things will expect to do a little light bush walking and
cavorting around amusement parks (in CA, if it matters). I have a set
of Australian UHF (476.425 - 477.400 MHz, 25 kHz channel spacing, FM,
5W (1W for my radios, 0.5W "lo range")) class-license CB radios that
are great for keeping the family in touch in such situations, and would
like to take them with me to use in the US.

I've looked around for the various frequency allocations, and whilst I
have found that the rough equivalent device in the US (FRS) is on a
lower range (462.5625-467.7125 MHz, max 0.5W (fcc.gov)), I can't find
if the Aus radios would be smack in the middle of some restricted band
or similar. The 'search' at
http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/UlsS...chAdvanced.jsp was broken
when I tried it...

Sooo, would I likely cause problems, or have problems, with a pair of
0.5W transceivers ~477Mhz in the US in general? In Disneyland
specifically :-)?

Thanks in advance for any pointers...

Ben

Old July 12th 05, 07:25 PM
Rich Myer

Leave those radios home.In a densly populated area,like Disneyland,you will
most like cause interference to other services.You ca stop at any discount
department store and get a set of FRS radios for next to nothing,and just
throw them away when you leave for home.
Rich
oups.com...

Old July 13th 05, 02:00 PM

and just throw them away when you leave for home.

I couldn't bear to toss perfectly functional radios! I guess I could
leave 'em near an entrance gate as a freebie for the next family in...

Thanks for the reply.