Old August 10th 05, 03:49 PM
Same Old Same Old

Default Another CB idiot destroys a nice amplifier....

Well....A few months ago I reported the sad demise of a Henry 2K
console amp when a CB idiot thought he could "put out 5000 watts" by
driving two 3-500z tubes with one 3-500z tube. It was a nice amp.
May it rest in peace.
Yesterday I heard another CB idiot with a recently purchased
Kenwood 922L amp also which also uses two 3-500z tubes. What does he
do? He decides to drive the two 3-500z tubes with a Palomar 300a.
The Palomar 300a uses 2 6kd6 tubes driving 4 6kd6 tubes. I use to own
a Palomar 300a back in the 1980s. They will dead key about 125 watts
on low and 275 watts on high.
The recomended driving power per the manufacturer datasheets for a
single 3-500z tube is about 35 watts depending on the plate voltage.
I think the Kenwood 922L uses about 2500 plate volts, class B, and is
cathode driven.

See..

http://169.237.38.248/sonic/3-500z.pdf

The idiot was wondering asking his buddy if his audio was distorted
with both amps turned on. It was. He also claimed that the 3-500z
tubes in his newly acquired Kenwood 922L amp must be getting weak, and
need to be replaced. I wonder why? I give the Kenwood 922L amp about
a month left to live.

*sigh*

May it rest in peace.

Old August 10th 05, 06:29 PM
james

On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 10:49:14 -0400, Same Old Same Old
wrote:

+The idiot was wondering asking his buddy if his audio was distorted
+with both amps turned on. It was. He also claimed that the 3-500z
+tubes in his newly acquired Kenwood 922L amp must be getting weak, and
+need to be replaced. I wonder why? I give the Kenwood 922L amp about
+a month left to live.
+
+*sigh*
+
+May it rest in peace.

Which will die first, the tubes or the plate transformer?

james

Old August 11th 05, 11:35 PM
AKC owns this NG

wrote:

+The idiot was wondering asking his buddy if his audio was distorted
+with both amps turned on. It was. He also claimed that the 3-500z
+tubes in his newly acquired Kenwood 922L amp must be getting weak, and
+need to be replaced. I wonder why? I give the Kenwood 922L amp about
+a month left to live.
+
+*sigh*
+
+May it rest in peace.

Which will die first, the tubes or the plate transformer?

james

All that money spent just to make meeting with other gay gay keyclowns
easier. ya gotta love the keyclowns, they are so stupid.

Old August 12th 05, 02:17 AM
Steveo

"AKC owns this NG" wrote:
they are so stupid.

Stupid is as stupid duz, dug.

See ya soon, ****nut. (repeat peepeeholic in yore sleep) lmfao!

--
http://NewsReader.Com/
Old August 12th 05, 08:52 AM
AKC owns this NG

I dont repeat it in my sleep but all of us will get teeshirts for the
fest that say "peepeeholic is a nutjob". Hope that makes up for not
thinking about it, wrist flipper.

Old August 12th 05, 12:13 PM
Steveo

All it makes is YOU not being able to peddle your trash again, ****stain.

--
http://NewsReader.Com/
Old August 13th 05, 12:10 PM
AKC owns this NG

he lives for blowjobs and taking photos. he'll be bummed that he can
only take photos, since AKC is not gay, unlike him.