Old August 12th 05, 02:49 AM
Steveo

Default Ping Leland

Hi Lee. Woodward time again already. Man these years go by fast..this
summer has been way yonder too hot! I have a room on 14 mile road this
year, you doing the HT thing again?
Old August 12th 05, 09:01 AM
AKC owns this NG

we know what kind of things you will be doing, limpwrist.

Old August 14th 05, 06:54 AM
Leland C. Scott

On Fri, 12 Aug 2005 01:49:53 +0000, Steveo wrote:

Hi Lee. Woodward time again already. Man these years go by fast..this
summer has been way yonder too hot! I have a room on 14 mile road this
year, you doing the HT thing again?

I'll be doing the HT thing again this year. I haven't made up my mind
where I'll hang out. My step dad will have his car at the Michigan State
Fair grounds. The US Postal Service is issuing a new series of stamps. One
is a Kaiser-Darrin. He has a 1954 model. Out of the 380 or so left his is
one of around 8 with an "X" in the serial number meaning it was an
experimental model. From what he told me there will be two cars of that
type there. The reason his will be there is because he had it at the last
Detroit Autorama and he is a retired postal employee. The car was new when
his dad got it. His dad was also a postal employee too.

The link below gives a bit of history about the car model.

http://www.film.queensu.ca/CJ3B/Siblings/Kaiser.html

Regards,
Leland C. Scott
KC8LDO

Old August 14th 05, 11:21 AM
Steveo

"Leland C. Scott" wrote:
[...]

Pretty cool. That was quite sporty for that era. The engine was the
hurricane, with a gold plated air cleaner. Reckon what it's worth today?

--
http://NewsReader.Com/

Old August 14th 05, 09:21 PM
Leland C. Scott

On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 10:21:41 +0000, Steveo wrote:

"Leland C. Scott" wrote:
[...]

The car in the photo's isn't my step dad's car, his is painted candy apple
red with a white leather interior. I posted the link so you could see
what the car model looked like. I don't know who owns the one in the
photo's on that web site, but yeah they spent a few bucks to have the trim
gold plated. The car my step dad has he's been offered between $40K to
$50K for it and he spent between $20K to $30K getting it restored.

I was told that when production was shut down on the car somebody took the
remaining inventory out to California and stuck, Oldsmobile I think they
were, V8's in them. In a car that light just think how quick off the line
they were!

So if anybody wants to see my step dad's car, at the state fair grounds,
it will only be there on Saturday, the day of the dream cruise. After that
he's taking it back home, he's not leaving it there over night.

Regards,
Leland C. Scott
KC8LDO

Old August 16th 05, 01:58 AM
AKC owns this NG

watch out Leland, peepeeholic is horny for hams!

Ping Leland 172.172.158.131 Steveo CB 12 May 30th 05 08:56 PM
Ping Leland Steveo CB 1 May 14th 05 10:33 PM
Ping Leland Steveo CB 0 September 18th 04 08:21 AM
steveo was twisty's zombie slave? Bada Bing CB 38 May 25th 04 09:56 PM
Ping Leland Steveo CB 13 April 9th 04 05:24 PM