Old September 13th 05, 06:08 PM
The Magnum

"Honus" wrote in message
news:M4qVe.7544$8h6.5893@trnddc09...

"The Magnum" wrote in message

"Honus" wrote in message
news:OfZUe.7151$8h6.3446@trnddc09...

"The Magnum" wrote in message

"Honus" wrote in message
news:LgKUe.1743$b37.486@trnddc04...

"The Magnum" wrote in

message

Well, if you ignore their cooking...

Whats wrong with list deleted

The way you "cook" it.

Which way is that??

Badly?

In what way is it cooked badly?? and to what are you referring to?? if

your
going to make a statement at least "put some meat on the bones"

Why bother? It'd just end up over-cooked.

Oh yes, i forgot you like everything RAW... P

Old September 13th 05, 06:17 PM
The Magnum

Comprehension is a big word for you to spell correctly,

But I did so successfully, didn't I.

**Yes but quite probably because you looked it up in the dictionary....
shame you let yourself down in the next sentance though mis spelling a
simple word. You used "to" in place of "too"
By the way i dont own a pink horsie so either youve mistaken me for someone
else again or you have this sort of fettish going on in your head.... It's,
Isn't and Didn't are all correct terms of use. **

You, in turn, followed up immediately with -- its, isnt, and
didnt (all incorrect) in the following two sentences. So get down off
your pretentious pink horsie before criticizing my orthgraphy. Back
from the dictionary yet, you twit?

** Me the twit... lol, then you say a word that doesnt exist orthgraphy
unless you meant Orthography. Horsie also doesnt exist as a word... i could
go on.. and youd come back with more garbage so ill leave it there... carry
on if you must but im not going to waste any more time on you... have a nice
day now...

Old September 13th 05, 06:31 PM
The Magnum

wrote in message
news
On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 19:13:54 +0100, "The Magnum"
wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
The Magnum wrote:

So Michael, the point you make here is that the different tribes in

America
were already into slavery and used them to barter with the English

for
goods
and suchlike therefore making my point that slavery wasnt a result of

the
good old British Colonies... They may have been involved in the
transportation of slaves for profilt but that wasnt the point. The

previous
post said, or tried to imply it was the British Colonies that

introduced
slavery where that simply wasnt the case.

Also most of the slaves who ended up in Britain werent treated quite

as
badly in comparison although they probably didnt think so at the

time.

Anyhows this has lead a little off topic as so many threads do, but

its
nice
to actually have a converstaion about things rather than cheap

insults.
Thank you..

The British ships that arrived on the US coast wanted cotton to take
to England. That is where they finally got paid. Then they restocked
the ship with goods for Africa and repeated the cycle. All they had

when
they arrived on the shores of the US to trade their cargo was a ship
load of slaves and a few manufactured goods from England. They traded
both of them for cotton.

Only an idiot would mistreat any worker that was doing their best.
After all, if you kill all the help you won't make enough money to

live,
will you? And then there were "Indentured servants" who traded a

number
of years or labor for passage to the US, and were basically slaves
during that time. Legally they were the property of whoever paid their
way, till their time was up.

I never said I approved of any slavery. On the other hand there

were
people of every race who were held in slavery at one time or another
throughout the history of mankind, and this still doesn't make it right
at any time.

--
?

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

Please dont think for one minute i support or ever did support slavery...
because i dont and you know, as well as i that slavery still goes on in

many
countrys today, especially some third world countrys but there is also

still
a lot of it in the US and to a degree the UK too. I have no problems with
the comments you have made Michael and on the whole i agree with you.
The whole arguement on this thread was someone whit half a brain saying

it
was the British Empire that created slavery.. and it simply isnt true.

All i
pointed out was that slavery was massive in the US and you even had

internal
wars over it so to have a go at the UK over slavery was a bit idiotic.
Cheers...

More illiterate drivel from the looney who finds fit to
criticize the spelling of his betters. Anyone who can't pick out at
least ten spelling, capitalization or grammar errors in this pompous
blowhard's tripe should review the fundamentals.

How are we to follow a conversation littered with grammatical errors that
make words unrecognisable? And as illiteracy goes, surely it's the "dum dum"
who can't spell that's illiterate. And as for betters... LMFAO....
As far as fundamentals go too, I was quite happy to have a sensible
meaningful discussion but, as with many postings in here, you let yourselves
down badly with incorrect theories of History and seem to have no real grasp
of reality and any realistic command of the English language. Then because
the person posting isn't American you jump in with both feet then get upset
when you're shown up. Mock me if you will but in the end it will be you who
shows themselves up... 10-4

Old September 13th 05, 06:38 PM
The Magnum

"Lancer" wrote in message
On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 21:10:32 +0100, "The Magnum"
wrote:

"Lancer" wrote in message
On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 19:24:48 +0100, "The Magnum"
wrote:

Actually it was the british colonies that introduced slavery in
America.
The first imported African slaves brought to the British North
American colonies were landed at Jamestown, Virginia in 1619.

Long before the U.S.A. existed.

In the 17th century, slavery was used as punishment by conquering
English Parliament armies against native Catholics in Ireland.

Between
the years 1649 and 1653, during the Cromwellian conquest of Ireland

by
the New Model Army under the command of Oliver Cromwell, thousands

of
Irish Catholics were forced into slavery. Cromwell had a deeply
religious antipathy to the Catholic religion and Irish Catholics who
had participated in Confederate Ireland had all their land

confiscated
and were transported to the West Indies as slaves.

Actually it was the british colonies that introduced slavery in
America.
The first imported African slaves brought to the British North
American colonies were landed at Jamestown, Virginia in 1619.

Long before the U.S.A. existed.

In the 17th century, slavery was used as punishment by conquering
English Parliament armies against native Catholics in Ireland. Between
the years 1649 and 1653, during the Cromwellian conquest of Ireland by
the New Model Army under the command of Oliver Cromwell, thousands of
Irish Catholics were forced into slavery. Cromwell had a deeply
religious antipathy to the Catholic religion and Irish Catholics who
had participated in Confederate Ireland had all their land confiscated
and were transported to the West Indies as slaves.

Eh?? why are you telling me this?? I didnt say and never have that

slavery
never existed in the UK and i never said The British Empire didnt

condone
and use slavery. But the English never introduced slavery to the US

Yes it was directed to you.

Because the British did introduce slavery to the U.S.

Chronology Of The History Of Slavery: 1619-1789

1619
The other crucial event that would play a role in the development of

America
was the arrival of Africans to Jamestown. A Dutch slave trader

exchanged
his
cargo of Africans for food in 1619. The Africans became indentured

servants,
similar in legal position to many poor Englishmen who traded several

years
labor in exchange for passage to America. The popular conception of a
racial-based slave system did not develop until the 1680's. (A Brief

History
of Jamestown, The Association for the Preservation of Virginia

Antiquities,
Richmond, VA 23220, email: , Web published February,

2000)

Note the word DUTCH....
Regards,
Graham

Yes note the word Dutch, as, British colonization imported 21 slaves
from a Dutch frigate to the colony in Jamestown, Virginia in 1619,
three of whom are known to have been named Isabella, Antoney and
Pedro. Isabella and Antoney had later given birth to a slave boy named
William. This "William Tucker" is now considered the first African
American born in the English colonies in North America. The Dutch
delivered them, the British enslaved them.

Note the word British....

Dont you think if the DUTCH person SOLD them to the ENGLISH colonies then
they were ALREADY slaves???

Does it matter? They were brought to America, to end up as slaves to
the British, it doesn't matter who brought them here, it could have
been martians with flying saucers. The English introduced slavery to
the US. The Dutch most certainly didn't force the Brits at gun point
to take the slaves?

The English never introduced slavery to the US, it was the Dutch.. Anyway as
you say, does it really matter? I wasn't the one to bring the subject of
slavery up and to be honest i'm not that bothered if slavery was a "British
Colonial" thing... Judge people by who they are today not by things that
happened far in the past. Your great granddad could have "friendly fired"
and killed his allies (my relatives) but I certainly wouldn't hold it
against you.

I think its time to move on to more interesting topics, don't you?

Old September 13th 05, 06:46 PM
The Magnum

wrote in message
On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 19:26:31 +0100, "The Magnum"
wrote:

So who are your ancestors... where did they originate from?

Ireland.

Yes indeed, it explains your attitude... did you hear about the Rioting

in
Belfast yesterday BTW...shocking... just animals....

If the Brits and their proxies would just give up their
ill-gotten gains and get the hell out, it would all disappear in a
minute. But no, they have to hang on like a dog with a bone. Grasping
*******s.

I think you'll find it's the Irish that ignore the wishes of their fellow
citizens and didn't care about their rights is actually what happened. If it
weren't for the RUC and the Army you would have wiped yourselves out years
ago. What possible motive have people got to riot, smash up and burn cars,
shoot guns at people who are trying to bring calm to the situation and
murder people (sounds very NO, maybe it wasn't the blacks there it was the
Irish in black balaclavas)... And as for it would all disappear in a minute
you live in cloud cuckoo land.
Now stop being so silly..

Old September 13th 05, 06:48 PM
The Magnum

"Lancer" wrote in message
On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 21:14:17 +0100, "The Magnum"
wrote:

"Lancer" wrote in message
On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 19:27:37 +0100, "The Magnum"
wrote:

"Lancer" wrote in message
On Thu, 8 Sep 2005 19:36:42 +0100, "The Magnum"
wrote:

You *******s have ****ed over every country or civilization
you ever came into contact with. British Empire my ass.

I think you will find your ancestors are english, unless your a red
indian
you halfwit. Or a Peurto Rican scumbag. The people who came into

contact
with The British Empire learnt "well some of you did" how to become
civilised. If it wasnt for the Likes of the British Empire you

would
be
running round in animalskin pants with a spear and live in a mud

hut....
so
blow it out your ass chummy.........

Come on now, you think everyone in the U.S.A. ancestors are english?

Not at all but a good many of them are... thats also why your common
language is English....

Nah, I speak american...I spent a month working in the U.K., I needed
a translater.. The hardest to understand were your phone operators..

No such language as American... you will find it is English, just because
you use a few different words or a few of your words have different

meanings
its still English.. Try phoning someone in Tyne and Wear UK and youll

have
even more diffuculty ;o)

Of course there is such a language as American. I suppose you think
Mexicans speak Spanish don't you?

I have no interest or concern what language the "Mexicans" speak. America's
adopted language is English and if you say otherwise you are a bloody
fool..... full stop.

Old September 13th 05, 06:51 PM
The Magnum

It's rapidly eroding into "Ebonics".

Its eroding into something ;o)

Ps, African American Vernacular English (AAVE), known colloquially as
Ebonics if anyones wondering.

Old September 13th 05, 07:48 PM
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

The Magnum wrote:
Dont you think you have enough guns about in America? ;o)

You can never have too many guns. Look at New Orleans. Chaos is only a
disaster away, natural or otherwise.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

VE

Old September 13th 05, 09:12 PM
The Magnum

"Mortimer Schnerd, RN" wrote in message
The Magnum wrote:
Dont you think you have enough guns about in America? ;o)

You can never have too many guns. Look at New Orleans. Chaos is only a
disaster away, natural or otherwise.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

VE

Ill save up and send you a tank over ;o)
Graham

Old September 14th 05, 01:21 AM
jim

wrote:

[...]

you are speaking as if you know what is going on here. you dont. period.
spanish is the second language here and in time will be the first in
certain parts of the country if not already. been to nyc recently?
street signs in both languages. do i care? nope. assimilation happens.
if it means my daughter has to become bilingual then so be it. i am...