Old October 21st 05, 02:24 AM
Professor

Default Cobra 19 DX IV...

Anybody try this radio yet?

Professor
www.telstar-electronics.com

Old October 21st 05, 03:38 PM
Chad Wahls

Looks cool for a budget minded option.... Still putting Damn PA features on
them! I'd trtade that for ANL/NB any day!

Chad

oups.com...

Old October 21st 05, 11:00 PM
John

"Professor" wrote in
oups.com:

Anybody try this radio yet?

The original 19-Plus was a SWEET sounding radio! I may actually have mine
still buried in a closet!

Bummer is you can't find the old 5-pin DIN microphones anymore. Plus, the
original mike was an electret condensor. All you can find nowaday are
dynamic mikes.

Receive with its AGC was the best I ever heard.

I'd hope the new one was as nice as the old.
Old October 22nd 05, 01:20 AM
Professor

Yes, that 19 Plus was a very advanced unit for its time with the
digital channel stepping. The audio was really potent... a really nice
blend of features for that time.

John wrote:
"Professor" wrote in
oups.com:

Anybody try this radio yet?

The original 19-Plus was a SWEET sounding radio! I may actually have mine
still buried in a closet!

Bummer is you can't find the old 5-pin DIN microphones anymore. Plus, the
original mike was an electret condensor. All you can find nowaday are
dynamic mikes.

Receive with its AGC was the best I ever heard.

I'd hope the new one was as nice as the old.

FS: New Cobra 90 LTD Base Station Mike CB 0 November 2nd 04 12:02 AM
Cobra 25 WX LTD Classic mic squeal Chris CB 3 June 26th 04 08:26 PM
Cobra AT-35 antenna power Chris CB 3 April 15th 04 09:26 PM
Cobra 18 WX ST II vs. Cobra 75 WX ST All-in-handset -numbskull CB 0 December 13th 03 06:01 AM
Help!! Please help with this old Cobra Rig!! Mark CB 0 September 26th 03 09:30 PM