Old October 25th 05, 12:03 AM
Buther Boy

Default can i cophase 4 dipoles?

will this work?

--
Remove the word Spam from my e-mail to contact me...
http://www.PrivacySig.com/SIGbutherb...mail-black.png
~
Old October 25th 05, 12:18 AM
Vinnie S.

On Mon, 24 Oct 2005 18:03:28 -0500, Buther Boy wrote:

will this work?

If you haven't even hung 1 dipole yet, stop worrying about 4 dipoles. You have
changed you mind about 50 times. You also tore me a new asshole over building
and erecting 1 dipole, which would be far more difficult to erect 4, even if
that would work.

Get someone to help you, and put one in your 12 foot attic. You will do fine.

Vinnie S.
Old October 25th 05, 12:27 AM
Buther Boy

On Mon, 24 Oct 2005 19:18:53 -0400, Vinnie S.
wrote:

On Mon, 24 Oct 2005 18:03:28 -0500, Buther Boy wrote:

will this work?

If you haven't even hung 1 dipole yet, stop worrying about 4 dipoles. You have
changed you mind about 50 times. You also tore me a new asshole over building
and erecting 1 dipole, which would be far more difficult to erect 4, even if
that would work.

Get someone to help you, and put one in your 12 foot attic. You will do fine.

Vinnie S.

Thanks for your input, Vinnie.

Buther Boy

Old October 25th 05, 01:28 AM
Frank Gilliland

On Mon, 24 Oct 2005 18:03:28 -0500, Buther Boy wrote
in :

will this work?

You can put a whole array in your garage and it probably won't work as
well as a 1/4-wave vertical 30 feet in the air. You need height, not
complexity. If you can't challenge the fascist laws of your community
against antennas then think 'covert'. If nothing else works, put up a
nice tall antenna and hang an American Flag on it. Call it a "Rovian"
antenna (a name fresh in my mind from another thread and describes the
intent perfectly).

Regardless, the best advice is to hit the public library and find a
book on antennas. Start with the basics -- you have to crawl before
you can run.

Old October 25th 05, 02:01 AM
Vinnie S.

wrote:

On Mon, 24 Oct 2005 18:03:28 -0500, Buther Boy wrote:

will this work?

If you haven't even hung 1 dipole yet, stop worrying about 4 dipoles. You have
changed you mind about 50 times. You also tore me a new asshole over building
and erecting 1 dipole, which would be far more difficult to erect 4, even if
that would work.

Get someone to help you, and put one in your 12 foot attic. You will do fine.

Vinnie S.

Thanks for your input, Vinnie.

Buther Boy

How high is the highest point of your attic, off the ground?

Vinnie S.

Old October 25th 05, 11:49 AM
Steveo

Frank Gilliland wrote:
On Mon, 24 Oct 2005 18:03:28 -0500, Buther Boy wrote
in :

will this work?

You can put a whole array in your garage and it probably won't work as
well as a 1/4-wave vertical 30 feet in the air. You need height, not
complexity. If you can't challenge the fascist laws of your community
against antennas then think 'covert'. If nothing else works, put up a
nice tall antenna and hang an American Flag on it. Call it a "Rovian"
antenna (a name fresh in my mind from another thread and describes the
intent perfectly).

Regardless, the best advice is to hit the public library and find a
book on antennas. Start with the basics -- you have to crawl before
you can run.

How about a flag pole antenna?

http://force12inc.com/F12-flagpoles-002.htm

Or do you have a tree you can sling-shot a wire antenna into, Buther Boy?
Old October 25th 05, 02:54 PM
Chad Wahls

"Steveo" wrote in message
Frank Gilliland wrote:
[...]

That works well, I've done it and it's still a backup. =

Chad

Old October 25th 05, 02:56 PM
Buther Boy

On 25 Oct 2005 10:49:56 GMT, Steveo wrote:

Frank Gilliland wrote:
[...]

I've been reading about force 12 antennas...nothing there seems to
work for my application. What I need is a good dipole, which I think
I found. Also, I need to know more about cophasing dipoles. I am
willing to spend the money on up to 4 of them, and I wonder if someone
here can tell me how that process works. I have someone to help me
with the installation.

73.

Snake Eyes

Old October 25th 05, 02:58 PM
Homer

Sure you can co-phase 4 or more dipoles. A Super Scanner has 3
co-phased. You just need the proper mathing network and the proper
spacing between them. You won't gain much from this, but it can be
done.

Homer

Old October 25th 05, 03:24 PM
Vinnie S.

On 25 Oct 2005 06:58:44 -0700, "Homer" wrote:

Sure you can co-phase 4 or more dipoles. A Super Scanner has 3
co-phased. You just need the proper mathing network and the proper
spacing between them. You won't gain much from this, but it can be
done.

Homer

I don't know about anything about co-phasing, with the exception of there is
space needed between them. Someone here (maybe Landshark), mentioned they had
co-phased base antennas. But he is in a townhome, which would probably not have
the space for such a plan. Not only that, he tore me up about how he was
disabled, and hanging 1 dipole would be a problem. Now he wants to hang 4. For
what he want to use it for, 1 dipole whould be plenty enough, and could have
easily been done 1 month ago. Regardless of whether he builds one or buys one,
he will need some help to hang it, and that scenerio would be the least
problematic for him and his help.

Vinnie S.