Old January 30th 06, 03:26 AM posted to rec.radio.cb
Frank Gilliland

Default "What's the matter? Can't you afford to take a gamble?"

On Sun, 29 Jan 2006 21:17:09 -0500, wrote in
:

On Sun, 29 Jan 2006 16:33:38 -0800, Frank Gilliland
wrote:

Just to make it absolutely clear:

- I buy the antenna.

- You can monitor the test yourself, or send as many representatives
as you like -- the more the merrier.

- If the antenna works like you say then you get the antenna, $200, a
public apology, and I'll leave the newsgroup forever.

- If it doesn't then you buy the antenna for "pennies".

Well?

I expect you to do the test without any help from me.

I also expect you to have an independent trusted representative
confirm the validity of the test as YOU suggested.

Anything short of that is worthless as is your offer.

I expect -you- to back up your claims. Your tests were contradictory
in their data. Your data is unconfirmed as to its validity. Your
conclusions exclude the very real possibility of error or unknown
variables. You refuse to back up your conclusions with theoretical
constructs or additional tests. And you stick to your guns as if your
word was the Holy Gospel.

Yet when confronted with a challenge to your test, a challenge where
you risk absolutely nothing (don't forget that you would get the
antenna for your $25), with an objective and independently verified
test, what you you do? You sit in the corner, pee on yourself and
whine like Steve Robeson having his period.

Congratulations, tnom -- you just discredited both yourself -AND- the
antenna you are trying to get people to buy.

BTW, the offer still stands.

Old January 30th 06, 04:03 AM posted to rec.radio.cb
Volker Tonn

Default 102" whip

Scott in Baltimore schrieb:

108' Stainless Steel whip ........................ 4.5db
7' Firestik .................................................. . 5db

I still think my KW-7 kicks butt! I talk skip on AM and SSB using
a small 2 pill on low.

This is somewhat irrelevant.
The test was made to show gain on zero degree radiation angle.
For CB-skip radiation angle mostly is between 10 and 20 degrees.

This test will not neccessarely show the maximum over all gain.
But the low radiation comparison is good for people who want to talk to
other's in the same area whilst driving.

Only one thing is missing:

There is no comparison on different heights of mounting.
I bet there are some relevant -not really big- differences on some
antennas mounted on 4ft, 8ft or 13ft height (car/ van/ truck).

BTW: I've never seen a 108 ft stainless steel whip... ;-)

odo -from germany-

Old January 30th 06, 04:55 AM posted to rec.radio.cb
Jack O'Neill

Volker Tonn wrote:

Scott in Baltimore schrieb:

108' Stainless Steel whip ........................ 4.5db
7' Firestik .................................................. . 5db

I still think my KW-7 kicks butt! I talk skip on AM and SSB using
a small 2 pill on low.

Got news for you. Skip can be "talked" with as little as 10 MILLI watts!!
Granted, you need a good antenna and all the patience in the world for this
kind of power level, but it is done. The hams call it "QRP"

Old January 30th 06, 05:13 AM posted to rec.radio.cb
Volker Tonn

Jack O'Neill schrieb:

Volker Tonn wrote:

Scott in Baltimore schrieb:

108' Stainless Steel whip ........................ 4.5db
7' Firestik .................................................. . 5db

I still think my KW-7 kicks butt! I talk skip on AM and SSB using
a small 2 pill on low.

Got news for you. Skip can be "talked" with as little as 10 MILLI watts!!
Granted, you need a good antenna and all the patience in the world for
this
kind of power level, but it is done. The hams call it "QRP"

You wanted to answer Scott?
***I*** do know that.... ....when conditions are good....

Old January 30th 06, 07:20 AM posted to rec.radio.cb
Frank Gilliland

On Sun, 29 Jan 2006 19:26:51 -0800, Frank Gilliland
wrote in
:

snip
BTW, the offer still stands.

On second thought, no it doesn't. After seeing how low the price has
dropped for this super-duper stick that allegedly performs better than
a 102" whip, I'm convinced that your tests were bogus and that you
falsified the data/results for whatever reason. I don't know that
reason but I'll bet it has something to do with money. Maybe you own
stock in the company, or you're the dope in the shop that builds these
things -- don't know, don't care, and it don't matter cause you and
your antenna are worthless.

Now go get a -real- job and quit selling snake oil on the internet.

Old January 30th 06, 09:32 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

snip
BTW, the offer still stands.

On second thought, no it doesn't. After seeing how low the price has
dropped for this super-duper stick that allegedly performs better than
a 102" whip, I'm convinced that your tests were bogus and that you
falsified the data/results for whatever reason. I don't know that
reason but I'll bet it has something to do with money. Maybe you own
stock in the company, or you're the dope in the shop that builds these
things -- don't know, don't care, and it don't matter cause you and
your antenna are worthless.

Now go get a -real- job and quit selling snake oil on the internet.

That's ok Frank. You have the right to think what you want.
Old January 30th 06, 09:34 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

[...]

I expect you to try and debunk my results.
Old January 30th 06, 09:38 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

What doesn't make sense is you -refusing- $200 and a free antenna. If
your test results are valid then that's what you get. But since I
don't believe you ran a valid test, and you keep pushing people to buy
the antenna and test it for themselves, it only seems right that you
should have some sort of stake in this test. Since the antenna costs
you only pennies then just how much of a risk is it to you, tnom?

Seeing how my original intention was to show that the X-Terminator
was an under performer * I find it hard to believe that I fudged the
numbers so that the outcome would dispute my own statements of it
being an under performer.

* (You can research my posts on this manner that occurred before I
ever ran the test, don't ask me to do it for you)

I know exactly what you wrote as your intended purpose of the test.
You've said it many, many times, and unlike you, I can read and
understand something the -first- time.

What you -still- can't understand is that I believe your claim (as to
your original intent) to be a lie. Regardless, my intent is to do the
same; if my results are the same as yours, wouldn't that be a huge
endorsement not just for the antenna, but also for your credibility?
If your results were valid then what do you have to lose?

Believe what you want to believe. I don't need your endorsement.
Old January 30th 06, 09:39 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

I guess I can answer that. It may be a waste of money for you but
it's pennies to me.

Then it shouldn't be a problem to gamble mere pennies to have your
test verified independently. In fact, why don't you fly over and
monitor the test for yourself, Mr. Moneybags? Unless you live in
Timbuktu the lines will take longer than the flight. And just to make
it worthwhile I can provide a whole itinerary of places to go and
things to do while you're here. We have great skiing (49 Degrees North
has about 70" at the base and 120" at the summit with 15" of new snow
as of yesterday, and that's about the same for most of the resorts).
The falls are flowing pretty high right now too, and there's a
platform at the bottom where you can stand and feel the ground
literally shake beneath your feet while you get wet from the spray. We
have an Imax theater and huge ice-skating rink right in the middle of
Riverfront Park. And I know this great little blues club that serves
up some killer chicken wings. I also think there's a hamfest coming up
soon. And I still have friends at the station who will let me take you
on a tour so you can see what a -real- "driver" looks like. They might
even let you climb the tower to replace the lamps (if you don't mind a
little ice and bird ****).

So come on over, it'll be fun!!!

I don't gamble and you have cooties anyway. Seeing how you can't
afford this antenna why don't you use your self proclaimed expertise
and make an appropriate substitute. Or maybe you can borrow one from
one of your friends at the truck stop. You do have friends don't you?

Nope. No friends at all, tnom. Never did, never will.

Well, I can see why.