Old April 3rd 06, 06:51 PM posted to rec.radio.cb
Kissel

Default Should I give up my CB for ham?

ALot of people are telling me that CB is just for inbred hicks and that
I should replace the CB in my truck wait a ham radio. What do you
think?

Old April 3rd 06, 07:02 PM posted to rec.radio.cb
an old friend

Kissel wrote:
ALot of people are telling me that CB is just for inbred hicks and that
I should replace the CB in my truck wait a ham radio. What do you
think?

why replace anything? you don't have room for both?

I have cb 6m FM 2 m fm 440 fm in my truck and still have room left for
the 10m ham unit i'll as soon as the expected R&O comes out

Old April 3rd 06, 07:29 PM posted to rec.radio.cb
Ray Norshine

"Kissel" wrote in
ps.com:

ALot of people are telling me that CB is just for inbred hicks

http://groups.google.com ---the usenet trolls best friend.
Old April 3rd 06, 08:45 PM posted to rec.radio.cb
an old friend

Kissel wrote:
ALot of people are telling me that CB is just for inbred hicks and that
I should replace the CB in my truck wait a ham radio. What do you
think?

is your truck that small?

Old April 3rd 06, 10:54 PM posted to rec.radio.cb
Steveo

"Kissel" wrote:
ALot of people are telling me that CB is just for inbred hicks and that
I should replace the CB in my truck wait a ham radio. What do you
think?

Try both and report back.

Old April 3rd 06, 11:01 PM posted to rec.radio.cb
Steveo

"Caveat Lector" wrote:
Add FRS and GMRS also
Report back (;-)

Yea, what he said.
Old April 3rd 06, 11:08 PM posted to rec.radio.cb
Caveat Lector

Add FRS and GMRS also
Report back (;-)

--
CL -- I doubt, therefore I might be !

Old April 3rd 06, 11:30 PM posted to rec.radio.cb
Slow Code

"Kissel" wrote in
ps.com:

ALot of people are telling me that CB is just for inbred hicks and that
I should replace the CB in my truck wait a ham radio. What do you
think?

Don't bother changing. The ARRL (Anti-Radio-Relay-League) has gone to
great lengths to try and make ham radio just like CB. You won't gain
anything except the expense of another radio. And besides, next year
you'll be able to get a ham license as the free surprise in a box of
Cracker Jack.

HTH

RB

Old April 4th 06, 02:46 AM posted to rec.radio.cb
Scott in Baltimore

Add FRS and GMRS also
Report back (;-)

And MURS