Old April 25th 06, 03:08 AM posted to rec.radio.cb
Dr.Death

Default Freq Counter

I want to hook a freq counter in my 148gtl. I want it to display receive as
well as transmit, so the inline coax models won't do. I have an old heathkit
counter that I plan to use, but am unsure where to make the connections and
I am unable to find the info on the web.

Old April 25th 06, 03:29 AM posted to rec.radio.cb
Vinnie S.

On Mon, 24 Apr 2006 21:08:35 -0500, "Dr.Death"
wrote:

I want to hook a freq counter in my 148gtl. I want it to display receive as
well as transmit, so the inline coax models won't do. I have an old heathkit
counter that I plan to use, but am unsure where to make the connections and
I am unable to find the info on the web.

I have a Galaxy FC-347/Ranger FC-390 hooked up to my grant LT. Works like a
charm. The LT is the same radio as the XL. I was under th impression the 148 GTL
is the same as the XL. :

http://www.radiomods.co.nz/grantltmods.html

Vinnie S.
Old April 25th 06, 03:46 AM posted to rec.radio.cb
Dr.Death

wrote:

I want to hook a freq counter in my 148gtl. I want it to display receive
as
well as transmit, so the inline coax models won't do. I have an old
heathkit
counter that I plan to use, but am unsure where to make the connections
and
I am unable to find the info on the web.

I have a Galaxy FC-347/Ranger FC-390 hooked up to my grant LT. Works like
charm. The LT is the same radio as the XL. I was under th impression the
148 GTL
is the same as the XL. :

http://www.radiomods.co.nz/grantltmods.html

Vinnie S.

Duh! It is, thanks:-)

Old April 25th 06, 04:10 AM posted to rec.radio.cb
Vinnie S.

On Mon, 24 Apr 2006 21:46:56 -0500, "Dr.Death"
wrote:

I have a Galaxy FC-347/Ranger FC-390 hooked up to my grant LT. Works like
charm. The LT is the same radio as the XL. I was under th impression the
148 GTL
is the same as the XL. :

http://www.radiomods.co.nz/grantltmods.html

Vinnie S.

Duh! It is, thanks:-)

Let me know if the PC board traces are the same on your GTL. My LT is as good as
the XL, if not better. But the LT goes for half the price than the XL, on ebay.

Vinnie S.
Old April 25th 06, 04:26 PM posted to rec.radio.cb
Norm

GO HERE http://www.angelfire.com/fl2/cbradio...lidemyway.html

Old April 26th 06, 01:24 AM posted to rec.radio.cb
Dr.Death

"Norm" wrote in message
GO HERE http://www.angelfire.com/fl2/cbradio...lidemyway.html

That site doesn't have the info I need.

Old April 26th 06, 01:33 AM posted to rec.radio.cb
Dr.Death

wrote:

I have a Galaxy FC-347/Ranger FC-390 hooked up to my grant LT. Works
like
charm. The LT is the same radio as the XL. I was under th impression the
148 GTL
is the same as the XL. :

http://www.radiomods.co.nz/grantltmods.html

Vinnie S.

Duh! It is, thanks:-)

Let me know if the PC board traces are the same on your GTL. My LT is as
good as
the XL, if not better. But the LT goes for half the price than the XL, on
ebay.

Vinnie S.

Nope, it's different. I used to have a grant XL site saved, but I am unable
to find it now. Supposedly the XL is the better rig, but I've only owned the
XL so I cannot compare the two. Does the LT have the MB8719 PLL?

Old April 26th 06, 02:17 AM posted to rec.radio.cb
Vinnie S.

On Tue, 25 Apr 2006 19:33:51 -0500, "Dr.Death"
wrote:

Let me know if the PC board traces are the same on your GTL. My LT is as
good as
the XL, if not better. But the LT goes for half the price than the XL, on
ebay.

Vinnie S.

Nope, it's different. I used to have a grant XL site saved, but I am unable
to find it now. Supposedly the XL is the better rig, but I've only owned the
XL so I cannot compare the two. Does the LT have the MB8719 PLL?

Yes. Plus I emailed Uniden, and they confirmed it. The only difference are
backlighted knobs and a DSC circuit which I have turned off. The receive is
spectacular. Plus, all the mods for the XL work on the LT.

Vinnie S.
Old April 26th 06, 04:19 AM posted to rec.radio.cb
Vinnie S.

wrote:

Let me know if the PC board traces are the same on your GTL. My LT is as
good as
the XL, if not better. But the LT goes for half the price than the XL, on
ebay.

Vinnie S.

Nope, it's different. I used to have a grant XL site saved, but I am unable
to find it now. Supposedly the XL is the better rig, but I've only owned the
XL so I cannot compare the two. Does the LT have the MB8719 PLL?

Yes. Plus I emailed Uniden, and they confirmed it. The only difference are
backlighted knobs and a DSC circuit which I have turned off. The receive is
spectacular. Plus, all the mods for the XL work on the LT.

Vinnie S.

Hey Death, try this:

http://www.cbtricks.com/radios/galaxy/fc347/index.htm

Click on the owner's manual. It's a PDF file has a wiring diagram for the GTL

Vinnie S.
Old April 26th 06, 04:20 AM posted to rec.radio.cb
Vinnie S.

wrote:

[...]

Even better yet:

http://www.cbtricks.com/radios/galax...347_wiring.htm