Old May 4th 06, 05:17 PM posted to rec.radio.cb
an old freind

Default SuperStar 3900 frequencies?

Keyclowns crying as usual-CRY OVER THIS! LOL! wrote:
they know illegal radio so well because they are all gayboys who use
the "extra" illegal channels to hook up. In between money making stints
in Petro toilets, that is.

you certainly are hate filled bag of bile

Old May 5th 06, 01:55 AM posted to rec.radio.cb
Dr.Death

wrote in message
Where's the AKC when you need 'em?

Hanging out in the pickle park with you.

Old May 8th 06, 11:03 PM posted to rec.radio.cb
newbie

here's frequency listing of all the bands :

http://www.cbsite.nl/modif/president/glenn/freq.htm
wrote in message
oups.com...
I recently purchased a SuperStar 3900. It has several modes AM FM LSB
USB CW. Each mode has 6 bands A B C D E F. I would like to know if
anyone can tell me the frequencies for all the channels on these bands,
or the frequencies of one band and the jump in frequency between bands.
I found them for AM but would like them for the rest.
here is the link for AM

http://www.714xpress.net/freqs1.html

Thanks in advance,
Bo

Old May 10th 06, 06:36 AM posted to rec.radio.cb
Peter

"Suun Yee Fong" wrote...

Why on car radio and home stereo, me push AM, me get one set of frequency,
and then when push FM, me get another set of frequency?

Me not know why. Me not understand.

I get the impression that this may have been a Troll post, but it really is a valid point.

It is far too common to refer to a broadcast band by the modulation method used rather than the
band of frequencies used. Here in the UK we refer to those radio broadcast bands as "MW"
(Medium Wave) and "VHF" (Very High Frequency). These bands are also commonly referred to as
"AM" and "FM" simply because the MW band uses Amplitude Modulation and the VHF band uses
Frequency Modulation.
We also have a band called "LW" (Long Wave), which also uses AM.

Regards,

Peter.

Old May 10th 06, 07:03 AM posted to rec.radio.cb
Peter

wrote...
Thanks for the input, that link was no good. Does anyone know
what the jump is between A B C D E F ?

The spacing between channels is usually 10KHz, with some channels having 20KHz between them.
The usual jump between bands is 450KHz, which takes CH1 just one channel above the CH40 on the
band below it.

AM, FM, SSB, LSB and USB are not frequencies or channels. These are ways to use the
frequencies, different methods of putting your voice onto the frequency you have selected.
You may use a channel for AM, FM or SSB... but only one of these at any time.

There is some information about what sideband is on this site...
http://www.citizensband.radiouk.com/
There is also a list of the standard CB frequencies for England, Europe and America (Europe
uses the same band as America, but with FM). This is a UK based site, so the section on CB
rules will not apply in America, but radio works the same way wherever you are.

Despite all the abuse on this group, there are some decent, helpful people here. Some of us
just sit watching the group and waiting for something intelligent to reply to.
Although only small in number, the idiots are very noisy as they have nothing better to do with
their time. The best thing you can do is ignore the idiots, don't even give them the time of
day. Their messages are like junk mail... just one response will justify 1000 more junk
messages.

Regards,
Peter.
http://www.citizensband.radiouk.com/

Old May 16th 06, 12:13 AM posted to rec.radio.cb
Dr.Death

"Peter" wrote in message
[...]

Regardless of the wave length, you can transmit an AM, FM, SSB or CW signal.
MW, LW and VHF are just different frequencies.

Old June 24th 06, 10:01 AM posted to rec.radio.cb
Peter

"Dr.Death" wrote...
"Peter" wrote...

I get the impression that this may have been a Troll post, but it really
is a valid point.

It is far too common to refer to a broadcast band by the modulation method
used rather than the
band of frequencies used. Here in the UK we refer to those radio
broadcast bands as "MW"
(Medium Wave) and "VHF" (Very High Frequency). These bands are also
commonly referred to as
"AM" and "FM" simply because the MW band uses Amplitude Modulation and the
VHF band uses
Frequency Modulation.
We also have a band called "LW" (Long Wave), which also uses AM.

Regardless of the wave length, you can transmit an AM, FM, SSB or CW signal.

As long as the law permits it :~)

Our MW and LW bands are both used with AM, our VHF band uses FM. Technically it is possible to
use any mode on the frequencies, but not legally.
Because such bands are always used with AM or FM, they often get referred to by the mode
used... which can be misleading.

MW, LW and VHF are just different frequencies.

Bands of frequencies.
I don't know how many people in the UK still listen to MW or LW when VHF
broadcasts, using FM, provide much clearer audio and stereo broadcasts.

Regards,

Peter.

Old June 24th 06, 11:00 AM posted to rec.radio.cb
DrDeath

"Peter" wrote in message
"Dr.Death" wrote...
"Peter" wrote...

[...]

We are only allowed AM and SSB on 11 meters in the US, but many so called
export radios have FM though rarely used and cw mode for the supposed 10
meter radios that hams would never buy and easily convert to cover 10, 11,
and 12 meters.

MW, LW and VHF are just different frequencies.

Bands of frequencies.

I worded it wrong, but thats what I meant to say.

I don't know how many people in the UK still listen to MW or LW when VHF
broadcasts, using FM, provide much clearer audio and stereo broadcasts.

There are always holdouts on dying modes of communications. The "CW vs. no
CW test" war is raging on in the US as an example.

Regards,

Peter.

Cheers!

Old June 27th 06, 03:31 AM posted to rec.radio.cb
Peter

"DrDeath" wrote...

We are only allowed AM and SSB on 11 meters in the US, but many so called
export radios have FM though rarely used and cw mode for the supposed 10
meter radios that hams would never buy and easily convert to cover 10, 11,
and 12 meters.

We have FM, it's all we are allowed.
America will not make FM legal and we will not make AM legal.

So, where does that leave the "illegal CB causes interference" argument?
Simple, AM and SSB must cause interference because they are illegal here, and FM must cause
interference because it is illegal in America.
And, as America have a distance rule, once you reply to someone beyond that distance, you will
start to cause interference.

The answer is simple... as illegal CB causes interference, make it all legal so it will not
cause interference :~)

I don't know how many people in the UK still listen to MW or LW when VHF
broadcasts, using FM, provide much clearer audio and stereo broadcasts.

There are always holdouts on dying modes of communications.

You mean like America still using AM CB?

Regards,
Peter.
http://www.citizensband.radiouk.com/