Old May 25th 06, 03:28 PM posted to rec.radio.cb
Jay in the Mojave

Default Sunspot Minima

Hello Echo Charlie:

Yeah I'll bet the guys with beam antennas have a few dB edge on the guys
with just a omni antenna.

I have heard guys with high power, back scatter off the atmosphere, has
a slight sound of echo. I heard a guy in Riverside Ca, while I was in
Las Vegas, really loud with the back scatter echo. I didn't have the
horse power to make back to him in the mobile.

Was testing the Interceptor 10K, a 5/8 wavelength ground plane antenna,
on 36 LSB. While chatting with locals a guy from Australia broke in and
said we where all booming in. Kind of a neat radio check with a stock
radio, turned down for antenna comparison tests.

Who's got a neat Sun Spot Chart?

Jay in the Mojave

Echo Charlie 42 wrote:
Was wondering the other day if the occasional DX activity even in this
lull is due to more people with better (more powerful) stations utilizing
what little ionosphereic conditions exist, or is the lull not quite as
deep as in the past where there would be weeks on end with no DX heard.

Old May 25th 06, 10:49 PM posted to rec.radio.cb
Dr.Death

"Echo Charlie 42" wrote in message
newsan.2006.05.25.18.47.23.144000@Quetzalcoatl.. .
On Thu, 25 May 2006 07:28:02 -0700, Jay in the Mojave wrote:

Who's got a neat Sun Spot Chart?

http://www.sec.noaa.gov/today.html

Thank you for the helpful link.

(OT) Sunspot 822 Bigger than Jupiter! [email protected] Shortwave 0 November 17th 05 08:29 PM
Sunspot cycle info please FAZAMY Dx 10 January 1st 04 10:54 AM
Sunspot cycle info please FAZAMY Dx 0 December 31st 03 03:35 PM
Sunspot Photos from Daytona Beach, FL GeorgeF Shortwave 3 October 25th 03 03:19 PM
International Broadcaster Sunspot Backup Plan mike Shortwave 1 October 25th 03 03:20 AM