Old July 12th 06, 03:25 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

Default Give up CB for Ham?

"DrDeath" wrote:
"Steveo" wrote in message
Bob Dobbs EC42 wrote:
On Tue, 11 Jul 2006 14:31:21 -0700, Bill Turner wrote:

As best I recall CW is illegal on CB.

Is anything 'really' illegal on CB anymore?

Naturally, if the average CBer knew that,
there would be a rush to learn it. :-)

I hear CW on CB occasionally and it's usually answered by some brutish
amplifier running channel cop claiming to state the 'law'.

I've heard some fairly loud cw on 11 meters, that stuff sure punches
through the noise. There's plenty room for both cw and phone so the
more the merrier to me.

11 meters is the last frontier. The sheriff never comes to these here
parts, so fire up yer amps and transmit any mode ya want.

That may be extreme in an urban area tho, eh doc? g

Designate ch's 30 and 31 to high or low powered CW, in exchange for the
am'ers staying off 36-40. Deal. (it's only a gentleman's agreement anyway,
self policing of course)

--
http://NewsReader.Com/
Old July 13th 06, 02:00 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

"Steveo" wrote in message
"DrDeath" wrote:
"Steveo" wrote in message
Bob Dobbs EC42 wrote:
[...]

And they can't use AM on the uppers, we won't use ssb on the lowers.
I think we've been doing a good job of policing ourselves. The FCC surely
hasn't been doing it.

Old July 16th 06, 10:59 AM posted to rec.radio.cb,rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Alot of people are telling me that CB is just for inbred hicks and that
I should replace the CB in my truck with a ham radio. What do you
think?

The 2 meter CB is useless on long trips when you'd like to know where
the cops are but it will give you better directions! So it's a toss
up...
Old July 16th 06, 11:01 AM posted to rec.radio.cb,rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Right, and how do you send CW while driving your pick-up truck with the
twin talkers -and- the on the air lights mounted on the roll bar? It's bad
enuff running around with the 102" whip banging off everything low, let
alone trying to tap out some directions to your ham buddy on the highway
via CW.

CW rules in disasters tho..

I went to a hamfest many many moons ago and met this guy who could
send 60 wmp while driving with a strap on army key on his knee!
Old July 17th 06, 12:03 PM posted to rec.radio.cb,rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Big Rich Soprano wrote:
Right, and how do you send CW while driving your pick-up truck with the
twin talkers -and- the on the air lights mounted on the roll bar? It's
bad enuff running around with the 102" whip banging off everything low,
let alone trying to tap out some directions to your ham buddy on the
highway via CW.

CW rules in disasters tho..

I went to a hamfest many many moons ago and met this guy who could
send 60 wmp while driving with a strap on army key on his knee!

Now that's talent!

--
http://NewsReader.Com/

Old July 20th 06, 11:16 AM posted to rec.radio.cb,rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.amateur.equipment

CW rules in disasters tho..

I went to a hamfest many many moons ago and met this guy who could
send 60 wmp while driving with a strap on army key on his knee!

Now that's talent!

I honestly didn't believe it until he showed me! The sucker was so
fast it sounded like one tone to me.
Old August 23rd 06, 11:41 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.cb,rec.radio.swap

Neither posts belong in this newsgroup: rec.radio.amateur.equipment.
Feel free to post here, radio equipment for sale or trade.... includung cb
radios mod. for 10 meters
I dont do chicken band stuff but if you are selling a freq. counter Id still
buy from you.
PEACE
NF7D
Old August 24th 06, 12:25 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.cb,rec.radio.swap

"Rich" wrote in
et:

I dont do chicken band stuff but if you are selling a freq. counter Id
still buy from you.
PEACE
NF7D

They don't make a counter that goes high enough to number all the
Freaks on CB.

SC