Old March 21st 07, 09:12 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.digital.misc

Default Basic MixW question

Let me know if I'm in the wrong NG for this. (As if I have to ask.)

I'm using MixW (registered) for PSK31. Dell laptop, XP Pro, iCOM 703,
Rig Expert Tiny.

PSK31 basic TX and RX functions work fine. The problem is the log
portion.

I can click on the CQ button and send a CQ. I can click on the CALL
or CALL3 buttons and enter a call, and the software does some kind of
lookup (dunno what -- I'm set up as "no callbook.) that gives me
distance and bearing. I can open up the details page and enter name
and QTH manually, and I can hit SAVE.

You'd think after all that, something would happen on the logbook
lines at the top of the screen. Or that When I click on a box in the
logbook and it gets highllighted, I could type something into it. Or
that I could access the QSOs I "saved." Nada.

I have the 170-page manual (which was very helpful in setting up the
SW) and cannot find anything helpful. I emailed MixW a couple of days
ago and haven't heard anything yet.

Obviously, I'm missing something head-smackingly obvious. What is it?

Don
NR7X
Old March 23rd 07, 06:36 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.digital.misc

Hello,

I tried Mixw 2.12 and 2.14 for years and it never had a better outcomming
than a swiss knife for hams; and you know what a swiss knife can do?
Many things but never the right way...

Give a try to smartpsk while waiting for the Mixw email, it has adif logfile
support and is quite simple to use.

73 de F8BOE Olivier ...-.-