Old August 26th 07, 03:40 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.digital.misc

Default KANTRONICS KAM+

Does anybody on here remember if the KAM+ needs a certain computer
software to run it? Will it work with "Winlink" versions or is
Kantronics software required to use it with a PC laptop???
Joe/KH6JF

************************************************** ************************
* Ham since 1937 HiSchool Sophomore ex W9ZUU, KP4EX, W4FAG, KH6ARG KH6JF *
* WW2 Vet since Sep 1940 to just After VJ day. US Signal Corps AACS *
************************************************** ************************

Old August 26th 07, 03:37 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.digital.misc

On Sat, 25 Aug 2007 16:40:59 -1000, Joseph Fenn
wrote:

Does anybody on here remember if the KAM+ needs a certain computer
software to run it? Will it work with "Winlink" versions or is
Kantronics software required to use it with a PC laptop???
Joe/KH6JF

The KAM+ supports HF Pactor 1 and VHF/UHF Packet.

Don/KK6J
Old September 9th 07, 11:59 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.digital.misc

Hi GI Joe!

I own one and it does not need a "certain" program to use it. If you want to
use it on HF Winlink then use Airmail. I have found that the freeware
programs like Airmail do not take advantage of it's dual port functionality.
73
Dave K6DLW

va.net...

Old September 10th 07, 09:42 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.digital.misc

Thanks Dave. I use Commodore stuff only and on packet so I just gave
away the KAMM+ yesterday to a local friend. I told him any good
terminal should function ok with it. I built my own TNC and put it in
a plastic box and added one of those 1/2 size led's (red) to indicate
when its xmtg, and a second big Green LED that lights up on reception
and connects. I bought it then never did use it at all even once.
Joe/KH6JF

Help: Kantronics UTU Steve Swap 1 February 12th 05 04:45 PM
kantronics DVR 2-2 Jose Freixo Nunes Equipment 0 May 25th 04 04:30 PM
WTB Kantronics Kevin Gunther Boatanchors 0 February 17th 04 01:25 AM
FS: Kantronics KAM Plus TNC Bob Equipment 0 October 18th 03 03:46 PM
FS: Kantronics KAM plus TNC Bob Swap 0 October 18th 03 02:47 PM