Old April 9th 08, 06:50 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.digital.misc
No Name

Default Linux PSK31 software

I've been inactive for a couple of years but want to put a bit of PSK31
into the air this lovely spring.

Last time I was active I was using Windows software--but now I need a
linux PSK31 program. Which ones do you like? Doesn't need to be fancy
or have many bells and whistles, though RTTY capability would be nice for
the occasional contest.

I've done a couple of quick searches--it's easy to find what Win PSK
programs are popular and well-liked, but I'm not finding much about linux
alternatives. Thanks!

--ken AC4RD (070 #297)

Old April 9th 08, 07:45 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.digital.misc

On Wed, 09 Apr 2008 17:50:56 +0000, kuzen001 wrote:

I've been inactive for a couple of years but want to put a bit of PSK31
into the air this lovely spring.

Last time I was active I was using Windows software--but now I need a
linux PSK31 program. Which ones do you like? Doesn't need to be fancy
or have many bells and whistles, though RTTY capability would be nice
for the occasional contest.

radio.linux.org.au/ is a great resource

I suggest for psk31 and rtty, the best is fldigi at
www.w1hkj.com/Fldigi.html
Old April 9th 08, 09:23 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.digital.misc
No Name

Bernard Peters wrote:

radio.linux.org.au/ is a great resource

I found that during my earlier searches but wanted to hear some
suggestions from linux PSK31 users ..

I suggest for psk31 and rtty, the best is fldigi at
www.w1hkj.com/Fldigi.html

... like THAT! :-) Many thanks for the suggestion--I'll give that a try
this weekend when I get things set up! It appears fldigi has rig
control--that certainly might be handy, too. 73 ES TNX!
--Ken AC4RD

Old April 9th 08, 10:19 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.digital.misc

I'll second that recommendation. fldigi is under active development,
is free, and offers rig control among other features. A Windows version
is under development. It doesn't yet do all the things that MultiPSK
does, but it is coming along...
Old April 10th 08, 09:05 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.digital.misc

On Apr 9, 8:50 pm, wrote:

Last time I was active I was using Windows software--but now I need a
linux PSK31 program. Which ones do you like? Doesn't need to be fancy
or have many bells and whistles, though RTTY capability would be nice for
the occasional contest.

linPSK and gMFSK also work. At least for receiving.