Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 31st 03, 03:52 PM
Dave VanHorn

Default Help with a KPC-3

-) I see the TX light go red, but monitoring myself I cannot heard the
noises product of the TNC.

TX audio not connected right, or transmit level adjustment turned all the
way down.
I think you might have to enable the interface on the radio too, but I'm not
sure.

-) I have never seen the RX green light turn on, I have move the squelch

every position, on and off and I never got the RX light to work, does this
light only turn on when the TNC receive a AFSK tone in the transmition? or
it suppose to light even when the squelch is of?...

That only happens when it hears modem carrier.
Try the commands: "Int term" and "cd soft"

So if any can help me with a good wire diagram from a Dim connector to a

DB9
for a Kenwood TMV7A , or maybe tell me about the lights, I will appreciate
it.

http://www.packetradio.com/tnc2rad.htm

And also if someone knows a freq for a gateway or something to try the TNC
and the packet thing since I bought it to experiment and see how this

work,
I'm located in the Miami-Ft. Lauderdale area.

144.39 is the nationwide APRS frequency, that should be active pretty much
anywhere.
I don't work conventional "connected" packet anymore, just APRS.