Old January 18th 04, 05:22 PM

I want to say i love packet and i feel sory to see it dying.
But i believe in it. I believe it still has life.
It can still give services. We need imagination and Speed.
Packet must move on 2 Ghz and more, maby 3 or 4 ,keeping
at the same time the today speeds 1200, 9600 as backup.
New rigs, or maby up converters at the first steps must be build.
A packet up there and fast is not the same with wireless today nets.
It will be more free and controlable from the operator.
This is the first class position who belong to packet.
Real time video,voice and data at the same time.
Thats the packet im dreaming
Anyway thanks all for your replies.

73 SV1EMU =20

On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 10:24:08 -0500, "Ralph Mowery" =
wrote:

Hi . I have just buy the 1278b, and the included software is
rediculus. Multicom (Dos).
They have a old win version at their site but they *sell it* !!!!!
A product with no software for today PC's ?
Are these guys for real ?

Anyway does anyone know any today soft who work with this thing?
Why i feel like sucker ?

Most any communications rs232 type software will work with it. Windows =

has
a terminal program that will let you run the TNC. You just won't have =

all
the special hot key commands that are specific to packet. That thing =

has to
be 10 or 15 years old by now. While I can't speak for the whole world, =

in
many areas the packet operation is much a thing of the past except for =

the
DX clusters.

73 SV1EMU

Old January 19th 04, 11:52 AM
Gene Storey

"Howard Goldstein" wrote

Which TNCs start at 100h?

None that I know of.

Old January 19th 04, 11:52 AM
Gene Storey

"Howard Goldstein" wrote

Which TNCs start at 100h?

None that I know of.

Old January 19th 04, 12:59 PM
charlesb

"Howard Goldstein" wrote in message

I'd love to get all noxtalgiac with you about the old tools and cp/m
as a development platform but my memory of them is they pretty much
sucked fetid dingo kidneys and it's great to be rid of them.

It's been a while, for sure! What little I did with CP/M was on a Commodore
128, emulating a Kaypro II. I had a copy of Turbo Pascal that ran on that
machine; otherwise I doubt I would have bothered with its CP/M capability.

Long, long ago! - Big floppies! Kind of reminds me of an old girlfriend.

Charles Brabham, N5PVL
Director: USPacket.Net
http://www.uspacket.net

Old January 19th 04, 01:05 PM
charlesb

"Howard Goldstein" wrote in message
On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 05:52:46 -0600, Gene Storey wrote:
: "Howard Goldstein" wrote
:
: Which TNCs start at 100h?
:
: None that I know of.

I must have misread your article as I'd understood it to say that the
code for many TNCs started at 0x100, as it was for cp/m apps.
Returning to my original question, in what way are those TNCs based on
CP/M systems?

I'm sure he meant the chips the TNC's are built around, not the CP/M OS.
He's probably talking about hardware, not software.

Charles Brabham, N5PVL
Director: USPacket.Net
http://www.uspacket.net

Old January 19th 04, 03:09 PM
Roger

Howard Goldstein wrote on 19/01/2004 12:06:
On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 05:52:46 -0600, Gene Storey wrote:
: "Howard Goldstein" wrote
:
: Which TNCs start at 100h?
:
: None that I know of.

I must have misread your article as I'd understood it to say that the
code for many TNCs started at 0x100, as it was for cp/m apps.
Returning to my original question, in what way are those TNCs based on
CP/M systems?

I think the "logic" goes - CP/M used Z80 micros, TNC2 clones used Z80
micros, so TNC2 clones are based on an "old CP/M machine"...

(Ah, those were the days... That was real programming... Whatever
happened to 8" floppy disks?)

--
Roger Barker, G4IDE -
For UI-View go to -