Old February 18th 04, 02:06 AM
John Albright

Default Help w/tnc cable

I'm trying to get a Kam Plus hooked-up. I need to know is the cable between
the tnc and computer just a regular one or is there something special about
it??

Thanks for any help

--
John WA3ZGL
Reading,Pa

Old February 18th 04, 04:33 AM
Rick Ruhl

It's a standard RS-232 modem cable. You can get them at office depot, Best
Buy and other computer stores.

Rick - w4pc

http:/www.cssincorp.com/pacterm

Old February 18th 04, 02:34 PM
DxxxxxBxx

Hooked up to what?

For information on the radio interface, look he
http://www.packetradio.com/wiring.htm

To hook to a computer, it's probably a typical computer to modem cable
available at most computer stores. Just make sure you get the right
ends (your KAM is probably 25-pin female, you PC is probably 9- or
25-pin male).

Good luck.

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 02:06:38 GMT, "John Albright"
wrote:

I'm trying to get a Kam Plus hooked-up. I need to know is the cable between
the tnc and computer just a regular one or is there something special about
it??

Thanks for any help

Spammers, please send email to:

and get your SMTP server blacklisted!

Old February 21st 04, 01:28 AM
John Albright

"John Albright" wrote in message
I'm trying to get a Kam Plus hooked-up. I need to know is the cable

between
the tnc and computer just a regular one or is there something special

about
it??

Thanks for any help

--
John WA3ZGL
Reading,Pa

thank you for helping me out .

Old February 21st 04, 09:18 PM
Carl R. Stevenson

"John Albright" wrote in message

"John Albright" wrote in message
I'm trying to get a Kam Plus hooked-up. I need to know is the cable

between
the tnc and computer just a regular one or is there something special

about
it??

John,

It should just be a normal serial cable ...

73,
Carl - wk3c