Old April 24th 04, 02:25 PM
Gerry Wheeler KG4NBB

On Sat, 24 Apr 2004 06:00:48 -0700, Brian wrote:
I wish somebody had a USB tnc

What about this one...

http://www.john.hansen.net/PICTNC.htm
--
Gerry Wheeler KG4NBB
Naples, FL

Old April 24th 04, 05:09 PM
F8BOE

Hello,

Yes good idea! After getting my laptop I purchased a TNC2-Multi from IfD
Germany which can be modified to work 19k2; It comes out of the box
completely funktionnal, not as some kit kat TNC which need modules to be
added.

I tested AGWPE and found Flex32 more efficient, especially with the
soundcard (Soundmodem driver for Flex necessary).

For soundcard action or Host mode I use an UC232 type adapter but it doesn't
work with the TNC in 6pack mode (Flex32).

Terminal programs are easy to find too, and Winpuke is not the best!

Paxon is the simplest and the easiest to work with (V.2.00.1114 runs with
AGWPE also) you will just have to register on the home page to access to the
download page for the latest version, but if you don't want to use AGWPE,
the 1.00.1042 version is good too. It's really worth trying it when you have
access to any BBS type except FBB!

WPP is a good compromise if your BBS is an FBB type (the worst) and it uses
a bull. list as Winpuke but supports also Bin, BinSplit and Didadit data
transfer protocols (Paxon too).

You can find all infos and links at http://www.uspacket.net/

For WPP, you'll have to go to: http://wpp.dc6hb.de/
The site is a little bit messy because it's in german and the english side
of the portal is really not overcrowded...

73 de F8BOE Olivier ...-.-

Old May 15th 04, 01:29 AM
Rob

F8BOE wrote:
[...]

Thanks for the bringing WPP to my attention. I downloaded it. But I can't
seem to find any English docs.. Any there any English docs? Or will I have
to learn German?

73's
Rob

Old May 16th 04, 03:41 AM

On Fri, 14 May 2004 20:29:59 -0400, "Rob" wrote:

F8BOE wrote:
[...]

try Babelfish http://world.altavista.com/ for starters. It or
similar online translators may be of some use. It may also make for
entertaining translations which will still be usable. I notice it
allows a small amount of text input or a pointer to a web page. Try it
on a few web pages, then, if it looks workable, you could probably put
the docs up to a web page of your own long enough to evaluate the
translation.
Old May 16th 04, 03:41 AM

F8BOE wrote:
[...]

Packet without TNC on Windows - assistance appreciated [email protected] Digital 4 February 13th 04 08:06 PM
Packet without TNC on Windows - assistance appreciated [email protected] Digital 0 February 3rd 04 09:08 PM
Packet Newbie Greg Courville Digital 2 September 19th 03 06:42 AM
Packet Newbie Greg Courville Digital 0 September 19th 03 05:58 AM